18 senate republicans join with Democrats to break filibuster

Crepitus

Diamond Member
Mar 28, 2018
18 senate republicans have broken ranks and joinded with Democrats to break the filibuster on the infrastructure bill. Debate has ended, final vote to be held within days.

If there's ANYTHING they can make deals on, it's the kind of unlimited spending that allows them all to pay off lobbyists as well as spreading around some vote-buying cash. Between January of 2017 and today, how much magic money has been injected or scheduled to be injected into our economy? Is it 6 or 7 trillion? If anyone can explain for me how we are going to avoid hyperinflation and the collapse of the dollar, I'd really like to hear it. Any bets on how long our economy remains viable after the collapse of the dollar?

I'm no economics wizard but when I think about the downstream effects of the day after our cash becomes worthless, I have a real sense of foreboding about the consequences. I doubt that 5% of the populace of the average major city has the resources to feed themselves and buy fuel to leave the city or be mobile enough to gather other resources in the aftermath.

The other 90+ percent will be desperate within a few days.

18 senate republicans have broken ranks and joinded with Democrats to break the filibuster on the infrastructure bill. Debate has ended, final vote to be held within days.

That's money going to red states. It would be political suicide to vote against it.

If there's ANYTHING they can make deals on, it's the kind of unlimited spending that allows them all to pay off lobbyists as well as spreading around some vote-buying cash. Between January of 2017 and today, how much magic money has been injected or scheduled to be injected into our economy? Is it 6 or 7 trillion? If anyone can explain for me how we are going to avoid hyperinflation and the collapse of the dollar, I'd really like to hear it. Any bets on how long our economy remains viable after the collapse of the dollar?

I'm no economics wizard but when I think about the downstream effects of the day after our cash becomes worthless, I have a real sense of foreboding about the consequences. I doubt that 5% of the populace of the average major city has the resources to feed themselves and buy fuel to leave the city or be mobile enough to gather other resources in the aftermath.

It goes right along with printing more money as if it’s just free money without any recourse to worry about, along with the feds yet again adjusting interest rate to prop up this “free money”. It’s a total charade and making things even worse, especially for the long-haul.

Didn't stop them with the stimulus bill.

I think we're witnessing a slow weaning of Republicans from the teats of the Magabeast.

Money talks, and BS walks, and that truism still stands the test of time.

Orange donny should have shared some of that $100 million he raised from the minions.

Another win for the good guys.

And when that happens; they will probably sound just like you do in this post. Wow.

How many times in the last 7 months have you guys predicted the end of life as we know it?

I sincerely hope the Dems double back and ram though another infrastructure measure to address what they couldn't get GOP support for in this package. Child care for working moms (you can't go to work if you have to stay home with your kid), expanding worker training, and flood control.

What was passed (From NPR)...

Lawmakers set aside the largest share of the money, $110 billion, for roads and bridges.
The bill also includes roughly:
  • $73 billion for electric grid and power infrastructure
  • $66 billion for passenger and freight rail
  • $65 billion for broadband investments
  • $55 billion for water systems and infrastructure
  • $50 billion for Western water storage
  • $39 billion for public transit
  • $25 billion for airports
  • $21 billion for environmental remediation projects
  • $17 billion for ports and waterways
  • $15 billion for electric vehicles
  • $11 billion for road safety

It goes right along with printing more money as if it’s just free money without any recourse to worry about, along with the feds yet again adjusting interest rate to prop up this “free money”. It’s a total charade and making things even worse, especially for the long-haul.
Not for the people who will get the jobs that will be coming.

Infiltration being exposed ....

You DUMBASSES think this is a WIN?

Yes, you're no economic guy.

You made that clear.

I doubt that 5% of the populace of the average major city has the resources to feed themselves and buy fuel to leave the city or be mobile enough to gather other resources in the aftermath.

The other 90+ percent will be desperate within a few days
Yes, and watch us become South Africa sooner than anyone imagined.

The good news is white liberals will be unarmed when the Black Panthers and BLM types show up at their suburban doors

Yes, and watch us become South Africa sooner than anyone imagined.

The good news is white liberals will be unarmed when the Black Panthers and BLM types show up at their suburban doors
Hide, hide now...preferably in Idaho.

Is this the George Floyd Memorial bridge now in Minneapolis ?
800px-I35_Bridge_Collapse_4crop.jpg

Forum List

Back