18 year old charged with sex with 14 year old.

I don't think it's homophobia. Many parents wouldn't want their 14 year olds dating a 17/18 year old.

However the law should protect equally, whether the relationship is a same sex one or not.

They didn't try to stop it when they were 17 and 14, they pressed charges when she turned 18. They got her kicked out of school. Sorry, that is pure animus.

Sounds to me that the failure is on the parents. 14 years old is too young for sex. They should have put the kibosh on this "relationship". I have a 14 year old daughter and there is no way in hell I would let her date an 18 year old boy. If I thought one of her girl friends was trying to get it on with her, I wouldn't allow her to see that person any longer either.

Sounds like homophobia to me. The parents KNEW their 14 year old was dating a 17 year old, but pressed charges when she turned 18. There is ZERO evidence of a sexual relationship from anything I've read.

And there we have it... the HOMO using well known, tried and true tactics to intimidate and SHUT UP anyone who is so BOLD as to say ANYTHING anti homo.

Fuck off.

Using homophobia to shut up the parents of a girl that had been raped to be specific.

When will homosexuals STOP saying that raping children will still be illegal because children cannot consent to sex?

I graduated high school in 1973. Back then the vast majority of kids dated others in the same grade/same age. Rarely did we have someone dating someone from a grade lower. Had a senior been dating a freshman, it would have been the scandal of the school. Had the senior dating a freshman been girl on girl, it would caused such a scandal that quite possibly the school would have put an end to it had the parents not.

Just goes to show how things have changed. Back then girls valued their virginity and homos were mentally ill. Abstinence was the rule, not promiscuity and free condoms. There were no pregnant girls walking the school halls either. Every girl in my class of '73 graduated without child, and it's my guess most of them virgins, at EIGHTEEN. Now, you need to sign to get an ASPIRIN if you're under 18, but can walk in and get THE DAY AFTER BIRTH CONTROL PILL NO QUESTIONS ASKED if you're FIFTEEN! Things change yes, but not always for the better. I can see PROGRESSIVES that helped CHAMPION the HOMO CAUSE making a big deal out of this as a baby step in the fight to NORMALIZE PEDOPHILIA, just as they did HOMOSEXUALITY. Since the ages are close, this is their golden opportunity. But in the eyes of the law, 14 is a minor and 18 is an adult. So just change it to an 11 year old and a 65 year old, in the eyes of the law, it's the SAME THING, SAME CHARGE, but the PROGRESSIVES can't use a case like that to push for more LENIENT penalties for pedophiles. They have to use cases like THIS one, and they will.

If there's a sexual deviancy, something disgusting, something perverted... PROGRESSIVES/LIBERALS/DEMOCRATS are in FAVOR of it.

Wow things have changed alot than, I graduated in 2000 and alot of the Senior girls were dating grown men, one of them dated some asshole manager at a Walgreens the douchebag was like 26 she was 17, nobody ever did anything about it. All the Freshmen girls that looked good wanted to date Juniors and Seniors, it was crazy.

Last edited:
I don't think it's homophobia. Many parents wouldn't want their 14 year olds dating a 17/18 year old.

However the law should protect equally, whether the relationship is a same sex one or not.

They didn't try to stop it when they were 17 and 14, they pressed charges when she turned 18. They got her kicked out of school. Sorry, that is pure animus.
Maybe they don't have control over their daughter. They might have said "you're not allowed", and she simply disregarded them. So they waited until they thought the law was in their favor.

I don't agree with what they did, and I think they may have seriously damaged their relationship with their daughter, but I don't assume they did it simply because she was dating a girl.

They've changed a lot. When I was a teenager "dating" meant nothing more than going out. Dating had nothing to do with sex at all. Dating meaning sex was what whores called it.

Btw, the title of this thread is incorrect. She is not being charged with sex with a 14 year old.

Than what are the charges?:confused:

800.04 - - 2011 Florida Statutes - The Florida Senate

They aren't charging her with rape and there is no proof of anal/oral/vaginal sex. They are charging her because she admitted to kissing, and that's "sexual contact".

If she was male, they wouldn't be allowed to charge her with this because the '07 Romeo and Juliet law would protect her.

Sounds like homophobia to me. The parents KNEW their 14 year old was dating a 17 year old, but pressed charges when she turned 18. There is ZERO evidence of a sexual relationship from anything I've read.

And there we have it... the HOMO using well known, tried and true tactics to intimidate and SHUT UP anyone who is so BOLD as to say ANYTHING anti homo.

Fuck off.

Using homophobia to shut up the parents of a girl that had been raped to be specific.

When will homosexuals STOP saying that raping children will still be illegal because children cannot consent to sex?

It's even the use of INACCURATE terms...

homophobia  

ho·mo·pho·bi·a [hoh-muh-foh-bee-uh] Show IPA
noun
unreasoning fear of or antipathy toward homosexuals and homosexuality.
Origin:
1955–60; homo(sexual) + -phobia

Homophobia | Define Homophobia at Dictionary.com

They have MISUSED that term from the BEGINNING. I have personally never heard ANYONE say they're "AFRAID" of homos. What the homos are HIDING from is what the vast majority of people TRULY are, and that's DISGUSTED, REPULSED and NAUSEATED by homos.... BIIIIIG difference, but one they DON'T want anyone ARTICULATING. Makes them LOOK BAD.

Sounds to me that the failure is on the parents. 14 years old is too young for sex. They should have put the kibosh on this "relationship". I have a 14 year old daughter and there is no way in hell I would let her date an 18 year old boy. If I thought one of her girl friends was trying to get it on with her, I wouldn't allow her to see that person any longer either.

You just nailed it.

The parents did. They are the ones who went to the police and forced the school to expel Hunt.

I think the situation got way out of hand if it got to the point where the school and police had to be involved. If it was stopped at an early stage or never allowed to start, there would be no 14 year old victim and no 18 year old kid expelled from school, charged with a felony, and possibly having to go through life as a registered sex offender.

Btw, the title of this thread is incorrect. She is not being charged with sex with a 14 year old.

Hunt has been expelled from Sebastian River High School in Sebastian, Fla. and is charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16 years of age as a result of the relationship.
Kaitlyn Hunt Update: Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship won't be dropped, despite public outcry, Fla. state attorney says - Crimesider - CBS News

The 14 year old admitted it was sex.

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by WTSP, Kaitlyn and her girlfriend began dating in November 2012. The victim reportedly told police they began a sexual relationship and according to the report, the victim was 14 and Kaitlyn was 18.

They aren't charging her with rape and there is no proof of anal/oral/vaginal sex. They are charging her because she admitted to kissing, and that's "sexual contact".

If she was male, they wouldn't be allowed to charge her with this because the '07 Romeo and Juliet law would protect her.

How do you know there's no "proof"? She's been charged, not tried.

You give some really crap legal advice. Is this the same advice you give to underaged students?

I'm hearing the 14 year old girl admitted to sex, is this true?

Hunt has been expelled from Sebastian River High School in Sebastian, Fla. and is charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery of a child 12 to 16 years of age as a result of the relationship.
Kaitlyn Hunt Update: Charges against girl, 18, in same-sex underage relationship won't be dropped, despite public outcry, Fla. state attorney says - Crimesider - CBS News

The 14 year old admitted it was sex.

According to an arrest affidavit obtained by WTSP, Kaitlyn and her girlfriend began dating in November 2012. The victim reportedly told police they began a sexual relationship and according to the report, the victim was 14 and Kaitlyn was 18.

They mention the phone call as "grounds for arrest", but leave out that the grounds was admitting to kissing. o_O

And they are the only one I've seen reporting that the 14 year old told police they were having sex. They also fail to mention that the law in Florida would protect the 18 year old from these specific charges had she engaged in a heterosexual relationship.

The 14 year old who is now 15 parents are assholes. They trapped that girl because of their own hatred and homophobia.
The girl needs to lawyer up.

You give some really crap legal advice. Is this the same advice you give to underaged students?

The parties admitted to the relationship and the extent of the relationship. They don't need proof. Now the case will turn on available defenses. Like whether there is a Romeo and Juliet law and does it apply in this case. The sheriff doesn't think so and neither does the prosecutor.

The Indian River County Sheriff's Office held a press conference Monday in response to the public's uproar.

"If this was an 18-year-old male and that was a 14-year-old girl, it would have been prosecuted the same way," Indian River County Sheriff Deryl Loar said.

According to the station, Florida's law says any person who engages in sexual activity with a minor between the ages of 12 and 16 commits the crime of lewd and lascivious battery.

"The idea is to protect people in that vulnerable group from people who are older, 18 and above," Bruce Colton, state attorney for Florida's 19th circuit, said, according to the station. "...The statute specifically says that consent is not a defense."

Last edited:
I would have too.

If you have a 14 year old girl, who is dating an adult, and you tell the adult to stay away and she won't..

You press charges. It doesn't matter what the 14 year old *wants*. 14 year olds are famously manipulated and preyed upon by predators all the time. They're infants with raging hormones and adult bodies.

It's our responsibility as parents to protect our children and shield them. Children do not dictate to their parents, and parents who allow their children to enter into illegal sexual relationships with adults are nothing more than pimps.

The 14 year old who is now 15 parents are assholes. They trapped that girl because of their own hatred and homophobia.
The girl needs to lawyer up.

How can you "Trap" someone into do something Illegal. :cuckoo:

The parties admitted to the relationship and the extent of the relationship. They don't need proof. Now the case will turn on available defenses. Like whether there is a Romeo and Juliet law and does it apply in this case. The sheriff doesn't think so and neither does the prosecutor.

The Indian River County Sheriff's Office held a press conference Monday in response to the public's uproar.

"If this was an 18-year-old male and that was a 14-year-old girl, it would have been prosecuted the same way," Indian River County Sheriff Deryl Loar said.

According to the station, Florida's law says any person who engages in sexual activity with a minor between the ages of 12 and 16 commits the crime of lewd and lascivious battery.

"The idea is to protect people in that vulnerable group from people who are older, 18 and above," Bruce Colton, state attorney for Florida's 19th circuit, said, according to the station. "...The statute specifically says that consent is not a defense."

Thank you.

Please educate Amy Nation, who has committed her life to promoting sex between minors.

A 18 year old having sex with a 14 year old is against the law, no matter how you liberals try to spin it.

Forum List

Back