2/3 say ditch individual health care mandate

Hope our politicians and the supreme court are listening:
"
Two-thirds of Americans say the U.S. Supreme Court should throw out either the individual mandate in the federal health care law or the law in its entirety, signaling the depth of public disagreement with that element of the Affordable Care Act.
This ABC News/Washington Post poll finds that Americans oppose the law overall by 52-41 percent. And 67 percent believe the high court should either ditch the law or at least the portion that requires nearly all Americans to have coverage."

The people never wanted it. This is a travesty like the abortion *law*. Nobody ever wanted it in the first place.

As Health Care Law’s Trial Approaches, Two-Thirds Say Ditch Individual Mandate - ABC News

Which brings up the age-old question as to how susceptible the Supreme Court is to this kind of pressure....

The Robert's Court, the activitst Court the conservative movement wanted and GWB provided to repeal Roe, Miranda, Social Security and Medicare and in time make our nation into the plutocracy conservatives want.

How would repealing Miranda create a plutocracy?
I realize your statement doesn't have to make sense. It is merely an expression of hatred. Don't bother explaining it. It is what it is.

Rabbi is 110% confirmed Racist. He's stated tons of racist stuff on here over time - such as blacks cannot be effective leaders, etc.

Epitome of douche towel.

No, I did not. That was you.
Thanks for playing.

You're like a three year old who throws a tantrum when you point out what they did. I quoted your exact post. Everyone can read your posts - so everyone can see with their own eyes how you think. And therefore, everyone can see that you're a racist shitbag.

Since you cannot read it is no surprise you think this.
I point out that blacks have significantly worse health than whites. I support that contention with evidence. I do not offer any reason for it as there are probably multiple reasons.
You cannot refute any of that and instead call me a racist. Which is pretty stupid.
I believe you are the racist. You cannot deal with the fact of black people and want to pretend they are white.

You cannot refute any of that and instead call me a racist. Which is pretty stupid.
I believe you are the racist. You cannot deal with the fact of black people and want to pretend they are white.

You're a Rac ist based on your history here.

If you don't like it, think before you talk if you were really trying to hide it.

Tell us all again how blacks cannot be good leaders - shoot, go for it, post it up.

You're like a three year old who throws a tantrum when you point out what they did. I quoted your exact post. Everyone can read your posts - so everyone can see with their own eyes how you think. And therefore, everyone can see that you're a racist shitbag.

I point out that blacks have significantly worse health than whites. I support that contention with evidence. I do not offer any reason for it as there are probably multiple reasons.

Actually, you DID offer a reason - that's why you listed the demographics in Europe vs. the United States. You default to assuming the differences have to do with race. That's how racists think.

I believe you are the racist.

Nice try.

what proposal?

He's released a tax plan loaded with tax cuts for the wealthy.
He's said he wants to increase defense spending.
He said he wants to balance the budget.

We are currently running a deficit. His plan reduces revenue and increases defense spending. The result is that not defense spending has to decline by a huge amount.

it has been shown that if you decrease taxes of business owners (not just the wealthy...the GOP never uses the trem wealthy...becuase not all business owners are wealthy)....but decrease their taxes and it will result in a higher tax revenue for the federal government.

Yoiu may disagree with that premise...but the bottom line, he belevies that we will have more tax revenue with his policies.

I agree.

So where is he saying he wants to dismantle the safety net?

I disagree with the premise because it's pure fantasy thinking. It has never happened in the past, so why would it happen now?

what proposal?

We are currently running a deficit. His plan reduces revenue and increases defense spending. The result is that not defense spending has to decline by a huge amount.

Balancing the budget is gutting the social net? Obama has said he wants to balance the budget too. Is Obama also for gutting the social net?

Balancing the budget doesn't require gutting the safety net. Balancing the budget while increasing military spending and giving massive tax cuts to the rich does.

No, it's not. Germany, for instance, has a mixture of public and private that seems to work better than ours does. Germany has also had universal coverage since 1888, and it's survived Kaisers and Nazis and Wars, but it's still afloat.

Barely, asswipe.
Germany passes unpopular healthcare reform | Reuters

Just think, if the price of providing health care in Germany increases by more than a half of current expenditures, it will rival the US system!

your link said:
It employs 4.3 million people and accounts for 11 percent of economic output.

If that shows Germany's system is unworkable, how can he believes America's works?

No, it's not. Germany, for instance, has a mixture of public and private that seems to work better than ours does. Germany has also had universal coverage since 1888, and it's survived Kaisers and Nazis and Wars, but it's still afloat.

Barely, asswipe.

Did you actually read the article, clown-boy?

They aren't switching to a new system, they are raising the costs of the current one. And Merkel will probably get tossed out on her can next election... and good riddance.

If you don't like it, think before you talk if you were really trying to hide it.

Tell us all again how blacks cannot be good leaders - shoot, go for it, post it up.

Please quote where I said blacks cannot be good leaders.
You cannot. It is your misinterpretation, and probably projection on your part.

Actually, you DID offer a reason - that's why you listed the demographics in Europe vs. the United States. You default to assuming the differences have to do with race. That's how racists think.

I believe you are the racist.

Nice try.

Actually you brought up demographics of Europe vs America.
You really need to get better at this debate stuff.

Balancing the budget is gutting the social net? Obama has said he wants to balance the budget too. Is Obama also for gutting the social net?

Balancing the budget doesn't require gutting the safety net. Balancing the budget while increasing military spending and giving massive tax cuts to the rich does.

How does increasing military spending gut the safety net? Was the safety net gutted under Reagan, who increased military spending? Or was it gutted under Clinton, who instituted welfare reform and decreased military spending?
I realize these are hard questions because you never thought about it before.

Just think, if the price of providing health care in Germany increases by more than a half of current expenditures, it will rival the US system!

your link said:
It employs 4.3 million people and accounts for 11 percent of economic output.

If that shows Germany's system is unworkable, how can he believes America's works?

It shows Germany's system is unworkable otherwise they wouldnt be trying to change it.
Or did you miss that part?

Barely, asswipe.

They aren't switching to a new system, they are raising the costs of the current one. And Merkel will probably get tossed out on her can next election... and good riddance.

THey are desperately trying to make it work because they have the same experience as anyone when you give stuff away for free: soaring demand and costs and inadequate revenue.
Or did you miss Econ 101? Oh yeah, that's a college class.

How does increasing military spending gut the safety net? Was the safety net gutted under Reagan, who increased military spending? Or was it gutted under Clinton, who instituted welfare reform and decreased military spending?
I realize these are hard questions because you never thought about it before.

It's not the individual item (increasing military spending) that requires gutting the safety net. It's doing that while cutting taxes and balancing the budget.

Please quote where I said blacks cannot be good leaders.

Lol.

It shows Germany's system is unworkable otherwise they wouldnt be trying to change it.
Or did you miss that part?

If Germany's system, at 11% of GDP, is unworkable, how can you claim the American system is just fine, noting it consumes an even larger share of output?

THey are desperately trying to make it work because they have the same experience as anyone when you give stuff away for free: soaring demand and costs and inadequate revenue.
Or did you miss Econ 101? Oh yeah, that's a college class.

Yet they spend 11% of GDP while we spend about 18%.

Forum List

Back