2/3 say ditch individual health care mandate

Overturning the mandate is not significant, except that it would all but guarantee that the GOP would never get anywhere trying to repeal the rest of Obamacare.
they should pass a law that hospitals can deny care if a person cant pay. then lets see how much those on the right are against the free market.

Don't ruin his lecture. He took Econ 101, and is therefore all-knowing.

I've seen nor read a single shred of evidence to indicate Rabbi ever took Econ 101.

You would have had to take the class yourself to recognize it.
You clearly didnt. I doubt you went to college as you cannot maintain a coherent thought.

I had a class about it at the local juco once. Oh, and I had home ec in high school

I feel like we should start a prediction thread.

Probably a narrow ruling against forced citizen participation in a government program by all citizens.
you mean like taxes, medicare, medicaid and SS?

Not all citizens are required to pay taxes or even file a return. Fail

Medicaid is only available to the poor. Fail

Many citizens are not part of Social Security. Fail

Medicaid is probably the closest to a violation.

Probably a narrow ruling against forced citizen participation in a government program by all citizens.

You can differentiate all of those because the government provides them directly, they're not private goods.
they dont administer medicare directly, its administered through private doctors, the government just pays for it. same with medicaid.

if the government had hospitals such the VA, then you could say that it was administered directly.

give me an example of a product or service that every person will use in their lifetime that can actually prevent them from dying and then we can talk...

everyone pays taxes. taxes are not only federal, but state and local. unless you live off the land in a tent on public land, you will pay some form of taxes in your life time. so fail for you

every citizen with a SS card has access to SS. so fail for you

medicaid is a great example, since i have to pay for even though i will never use it. so why arent you railing again paying for that?

You can differentiate all of those because the government provides them directly, they're not private goods.
they dont administer medicare directly, its administered through private doctors, the government just pays for it. same with medicaid.

if the government had hospitals such the VA, then you could say that it was administered directly.

give me an example of a product or service that every person will use in their lifetime that can actually prevent them from dying and then we can talk...

They do administer Medicare directly. It is a government program that makes payments to providers. You're not being forced to sign up for a policy with Aetna or BCBS. That may be one of the most interesting parts of this debate. Conservatives would win a short-term battle by striking down the individual mandate, but they'd lose the war. It means their plans for reforming Medicare and Social Security are unconstitutional, while the only path left for those wanting health care reform is single-payer (which, from the example of the VA and Medicare, we already know is constitutional).

I've seen nor read a single shred of evidence to indicate Rabbi ever took Econ 101.

You would have had to take the class yourself to recognize it.
You clearly didnt. I doubt you went to college as you cannot maintain a coherent thought.

I had a class about it at the local juco once. Oh, and I had home ec in high school

Yes, about what I thought. Congrats.

everyone pays taxes. taxes are not only federal, but state and local. unless you live off the land in a tent on public land, you will pay some form of taxes in your life time. so fail for you

medicaid is a great example, since i have to pay for even though i will never use it. so why arent you railing again paying for that?

State and local taxes aren't an issue. And people who rent do not file and pay real estate taxes.
Fail on you.
Not every citizen has a SS card.
Not every citizen who does pays into the system.
Fail on you.
I pay taxes to support the patent office even though I'll never file for a patent. S o what?

Nope, farmers are exempt from sales tax. All taxes have exceptions.

So does the individual mandate.

this is all easily solvable. if you dont wanna buy health insurance, then pass a law that lets people sign a waiver, the consequence is that if you need medical care, no matter how urgent or life threatening your situation is, you have to prepay for all services.

car accident, hope you can pay
heart attack, hope you can pay
stroke, hope you can pay

and if you cant, well then you dont get any treatment. oh well too bad

So does the individual mandate.

So you're claiming it is a tax?

this is all easily solvable. if you dont wanna buy health insurance, then pass a law that lets people sign a waiver, the consequence is that if you need medical care, no matter how urgent or life threatening your situation is, you have to prepay for all services.

stroke, hope you can pay

Why should you haev to pre-pay for every service? It will be between the patient and the provider. Kind of like how it should always be.

stroke, hope you can pay

Why should you haev to pre-pay for every service? It will be between the patient and the provider. Kind of like how it should always be.

Because the alternative is that you'd get to shift the cost on to everyone else.

stroke, hope you can pay

if its truly the free market, you should have to pay for only the services you receive, so since i dont want to pay for anything you ever get from the doctor, then you should have to pay full price for all your services.

since its already been proven that people dont pay for services they receive, this solves all problems.

Forum List

Back