🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2 civilian gun owners stop mass public shooting in Florida....

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Not sure how widely this will get around...but two men, civilians, stopped a mass public shooting with their legally owned guns...

Auto shop employees credited with taking down accused Rockledge gunman

ROCKLEDGE — A man armed with a .45-caliber handgun and a lot of ammunition wandered onto an auto repair shop property and began firing in the parking lot Friday afternoon, police said.

The gunman killed one employee and paralyzed a second. That's when the employees at Schlenker Automotive fought back with equal force, Rockledge police chief Joseph La Sata said.

"The manager, who was a concealed weapons permit holder, came out and engaged in gunfire in the parking lot," La Sata said. "The manager fled back inside the building, being chased by the gunman. Another Schlenker employee, who also had concealed weapons permit, engaged in gunfire with the suspect."

Police said the suspect in the homicide is Robert Lorenzo Bailey Jr., 28, of Cocoa. He was shot twice and was in critical condition at Health First's Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne. Officers are keeping him under watch.

Not sure how widely this will get around...but two men, civilians, stopped a mass public shooting with their legally owned guns...

Auto shop employees credited with taking down accused Rockledge gunman

ROCKLEDGE — A man armed with a .45-caliber handgun and a lot of ammunition wandered onto an auto repair shop property and began firing in the parking lot Friday afternoon, police said.

The gunman killed one employee and paralyzed a second. That's when the employees at Schlenker Automotive fought back with equal force, Rockledge police chief Joseph La Sata said.

"The manager, who was a concealed weapons permit holder, came out and engaged in gunfire in the parking lot," La Sata said. "The manager fled back inside the building, being chased by the gunman. Another Schlenker employee, who also had concealed weapons permit, engaged in gunfire with the suspect."

Police said the suspect in the homicide is Robert Lorenzo Bailey Jr., 28, of Cocoa. He was shot twice and was in critical condition at Health First's Holmes Regional Medical Center in Melbourne. Officers are keeping him under watch.

I moved to Alabama from the Cocoa Rockledge area... Hah!!! I told folks... That place is turning into a shithole! Second best move I ever made. The first was leaving NY for Parris Island.

Why do we have so many "armed" bad guys and who helps them acquire their guns? Criminals, crazies and terrorists have their own lobbying group and we know who they are.

Why do we have so many "armed" bad guys and who helps them acquire their guns? Criminals, crazies and terrorists have their own lobbying group and we know who they are.

Why do you let these violent scum out of prison? Why do you insist on releasing violent felons back out into the world so they can cause ever more misery? I guess we know who the lobbyist for the violent criminals is too now don't we?

Yes..it is called left wing judges and left wing politicians who refuse to pass laws and criminal sentences to keep violent criminals locked up in prison and away from normal people......that is the most powerful lobbying arm for criminals....since they can actually let them out of jail......and they are the cause for the carnage in our democrat cities....

Hmm...the manager fled back inside the building although he was a conceal carry permitted? Was he not armed or does he need more work on the target range?

Hmm...the manager fled back inside the building although he was a conceal carry permitted? Was he not armed or does he need more work on the target range?

He may have had a revolver and run out after 6 shots...which would be why we need to keep our standard magazines......

Spent mag, or looking for solid cover? Maybe fighting his way to a rifle... Who knows? Maybe he was calling for back up (911) while his partner engaged the enemy. You leftist twats would have done nothing but beg for your life; so are you really in a position to question his actions, much less judge them? I didn't think so either...

Spent mag, or looking for solid cover? Maybe fighting his way to a rifle... Who knows? Maybe he was calling for back up (911) while his partner engaged the enemy. You leftist twats would have done nothing but beg for your life; so are you really in a position to question his actions, much less judge them? I didn't think so either...

I do not think Darkwind is a lefty....he/she might simply be wondering why the guy retreated......

And of course, not every civilian is going to be a former NRA instructor with a personal AR-15 and willing to engage against a church shooter and save 26 lives and likely a lot more....

Who you calling a leftist twat you ****?

Anyone who questions the actions of someone who stepped up when needed.

I didn't question his actions moron. I asked a question because the article didn't state why he retreated. Stop acting like a progressive...

I didn't question his actions moron. I asked a question because the article didn't state why he retreated. Stop acting like a progressive...
Mea culpa...

Criminals get them from other criminals, you know the black market, most of the time. Why aren’t you screaming bloody murder for them to be sought out and locked up for life? All I ever hear is how we need more laws that criminals do not follow. Period. Does no one any good.

Robert Lorenzo Bailey, 28, walked onto the parking lot of Schlenker’s Automotive on Barton Boulevard at about 4:30 p.m. He was armed with a .45-caliber handgun and a lot of ammunition, police said.

According to investigators, Bailey shot 50-year-old Roger Smith and Smith’s 25-year-old co-worker.

Smith died of his injuries. Smith's co-worker, whose name has not been released, was paralyzed in the shooting, police said.

Two other employees with concealed weapons permits fired at Bailey and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Police said there’s no known connection to Bailey and the auto shop.

“We cannot explain what brought Bailey to the store yesterday,” said Rockledge police chief Joseph LaSata. “We have no idea. If it were not for the brave, quick thinking of the employees, this could have been much worse.”

Bailey did not have a concealed weapons permit, police said.
More at link
Police ID man accused of shooting 2 employees at Rockledge auto shop

Robert Lorenzo Bailey, 28, walked onto the parking lot of Schlenker’s Automotive on Barton Boulevard at about 4:30 p.m. He was armed with a .45-caliber handgun and a lot of ammunition, police said.

According to investigators, Bailey shot 50-year-old Roger Smith and Smith’s 25-year-old co-worker.

Smith died of his injuries. Smith's co-worker, whose name has not been released, was paralyzed in the shooting, police said.

Two other employees with concealed weapons permits fired at Bailey and held him at gunpoint until police arrived.

Police said there’s no known connection to Bailey and the auto shop.

“We cannot explain what brought Bailey to the store yesterday,” said Rockledge police chief Joseph LaSata. “We have no idea. If it were not for the brave, quick thinking of the employees, this could have been much worse.”

Bailey did not have a concealed weapons permit, police said.
More at link
Police ID man accused of shooting 2 employees at Rockledge auto shop

If he didn't have a concealed carry gun permit...does he realize he was breaking the law carrying that gun to the auto shop to murder people?

Sounds like the manager probably ran back inside to get his gun-

Police said Bailey shot and killed Roger Smith, a 50-year-old employee of the shop, after he went outside to see Bailey had shot another one of his co-workers.

Read: FHP: Troopers searching for driver responsible for shooting two on turnpike near Winter Garden

That 25-year-old co-worker is at Holmes Regional Medical Center after being paralyzed in the shooting, police said.

Upon hearing the commotion in the parking lot, police said, a manager went outside and confronted the Bailey before running back into the shop, with Bailey following behind.

Watch: Woman helps raise more than $300,000 for homeless veteran who gave her his last $20

Another employee in the shop, who has a concealed weapons permit, shot Bailey once he came inside, police said.

Police said the manager, Bailey, and the other employee were all shooting inside the business.
Armed co-worker shoots gunman who shot two employees at Rockledge auto shop, police say

Forum List

Back