2-yr-old girl, mother mauled by pit bull as mother tries to fight with her bare hands

Oh..I guess that makes them ok, then....Gee problem solved.

Thats what a lot of dogs were bred for. To kill other animals. So yeah that makes them ok in my book. You just have to allow for that and be aware of what the dog was bred for.

Name one breed on this planet that hasn't been bred to hunt or for protection and I'll give you a quizzillion dollars.

Pay up!!! Pit bulls were not bred to hunt or for protection. They were bred to fight other dogs.

This happens so often, and people think it is okay to have pit bulls in a home with children. So sad.

I'm not in favor of firearms. The solution to the problem is to eradicate all pit bulls. Remove them from the planet: they are a menace, especially to children.

I've had 3 pitbulls and 2 dobermans. Mostly by adopting unwanted pups. None of them were aggressive as adults and could roughhouse with kids. A lot has to do with the owners.

I'm not getting how the mother and the kid are on the couch and out of the blue the pit turns and kills the kid.

Sorries. Not working for me. So what the hell happened?

For one the dog was injected with steroids. He was 130lbs for godsake. In all likely hood the dog had mental issues.

I'm relatively safe, I have a Chihuahua....I do have to watch out sleeping naked and the dog wants a puperoni stick...

Most pitbulls are harmless, this story changes nothing.

No other dog kills people like pitbulls. With all the great breeds of dogs that don't kill people why should anyone pick a pitbull? It's like having a pet tiger. You don't do it because it might kill you.

Other dog breeds have killed people since dogs have been around. Rotts, Cane Corsos, Presa Canarios, Dobermans, German Shepherds etc have all killed people. Pits are in my opinion the best dog to have. You just cannot be a lax or stupid owner with these dogs.

Looks at all the killing in recent years. By far it is mostly pitbulls. They are far from the most popular breed, but killing more than any other. People should just get a nice lab. Why have a crazy time bomb around?

Until the kids or the owner or the neighbor does something we believe innocuous, but makes the dog highly aggressive...Then it's too late.
Sorry, The American Pit Bull Terrier, a breed not recognized by the Westminster Kennel Club, cannot be trusted. Especially around children.
These are potentially dangerous animals. If people insist on owning these animals. legislation should be passed putting the owner on notice that if the dog fucks up, the owner is going to suffer dire consequences. It has to be that way.

Sounds like something any dog would do and not just a pit. The APBT is recognized by the UKC so no one really cares if Westminster doesnt. Besides its all political anyway. The American Staffordshire Terrier looks amazingly like the American Pitbull Terrier. Notice this is at the Westminster show.

RN21337201.jpg

The pit is probably the best dog you can have for a child. Kids hurt other dogs and get bitten. Most pits happily put up with children abusing them. The plus is a pit will not quit in defense of that child. My oldest daughter would have been mauled by a Rott if my pit had not stopped it before it got to her. I was to far away to get there in time.

No type of dog comes close to killing as many children as pitbulls. And you say they are the best dog for a child? Your a moron. Better to get bit by a dog then mauled and killed by a pitbull.

I dont get your point. If a dog is popular and easy to confuse with other breeds of dogs like the pit is then you dont even know if the numbers are correct. Yes they are the best in my opinion. Pits dont feel much pain. A kid pulling on their ear is not going to bother them.

Not to be a spelling Nazi but if you are going to call me a moron please spell you're correctly moron. Other dog breeds have killed children and yes the pit is a dog. Have you ever owned one?

Thats what a lot of dogs were bred for. To kill other animals. So yeah that makes them ok in my book. You just have to allow for that and be aware of what the dog was bred for.

Name one breed on this planet that hasn't been bred to hunt or for protection and I'll give you a quizzillion dollars.

Pay up!!! Pit bulls were not bred to hunt or for protection. They were bred to fight other dogs.

lolololol read my post again. but I love your passion on this.

I'm a lover of pits and staffs beyond. My husband and I have almost broken up over my love of Am bulls. I'm very serious on this. It was catahoulas or lana lou's. My husband croaks first I'm going to get myself an Am Bull.

Some pit bulls make great family pets but they have to grow up with the family. They were bred to fight so they do have an aggressive gene that can be unpredictable. I'm all for conceal carry (or open carry for that matter) and I believe in having the un-infringed right to keep and bear arms at all times.

I feel terrible that a small child had to endure such a traumatic event. I hope she recovers fully. I can almost guarantee you that she will have a lasting fear of dogs for many years to come and maybe for the rest of her life. I do hope she overcomes that fear and learns to see the gentle of loving side of most domestic canines.

This happens so often, and people think it is okay to have pit bulls in a home with children. So sad.

I'm not in favor of firearms. The solution to the problem is to eradicate all pit bulls. Remove them from the planet: they are a menace, especially to children.

My god but you're ignorant - and dangerous.

But she's not a liar like you, Uncensored. I'll keep saying this until you produce that post you said I posted. I messaged you to show me this fictitious post you accused me of posting and all I've got out of you is "ROFL" and "if you want to play tag, get a dog". You're a lowlife.

Last edited:
Sounds like something any dog would do and not just a pit. The APBT is recognized by the UKC so no one really cares if Westminster doesnt. Besides its all political anyway. The American Staffordshire Terrier looks amazingly like the American Pitbull Terrier. Notice this is at the Westminster show.

RN21337201.jpg

The pit is probably the best dog you can have for a child. Kids hurt other dogs and get bitten. Most pits happily put up with children abusing them. The plus is a pit will not quit in defense of that child. My oldest daughter would have been mauled by a Rott if my pit had not stopped it before it got to her. I was to far away to get there in time.

No type of dog comes close to killing as many children as pitbulls. And you say they are the best dog for a child? Your a moron. Better to get bit by a dog then mauled and killed by a pitbull.

I dont get your point. If a dog is popular and easy to confuse with other breeds of dogs like the pit is then you dont even know if the numbers are correct. Yes they are the best in my opinion. Pits dont feel much pain. A kid pulling on their ear is not going to bother them.

Not to be a spelling Nazi but if you are going to call me a moron please spell you're correctly moron. Other dog breeds have killed children and yes the pit is a dog. Have you ever owned one?

Yes they are clearly so tolerant of children. A kid sneezes and they can get mauled.

I'm relatively safe, I have a Chihuahua....I do have to watch out sleeping naked and the dog wants a puperoni stick...

Now that is freaking funny! :lol: I admire chichis so much. What a breed. I had a layover called Paco who bonded with my ridgeback way way back in the early 9o's what a beastie.

No other dog kills people like pitbulls. With all the great breeds of dogs that don't kill people why should anyone pick a pitbull? It's like having a pet tiger. You don't do it because it might kill you.

Other dog breeds have killed people since dogs have been around. Rotts, Cane Corsos, Presa Canarios, Dobermans, German Shepherds etc have all killed people. Pits are in my opinion the best dog to have. You just cannot be a lax or stupid owner with these dogs.

Looks at all the killing in recent years. By far it is mostly pitbulls. They are far from the most popular breed, but killing more than any other. People should just get a nice lab. Why have a crazy time bomb around?

All that tells me is there are a lot of irresponsible breeders/owners. Also people tend to label a dog a pit if it looks even somewhat like a pit. I doubt they are far from the most popular breed. i know lots of people that have pits that dont take polls or let the insurance companies know they have a pit. I like Labs but they will bite a kid just like any other dog. Pits are not crazy time bombs. They are dogs.

Yes they are clearly so tolerant of children. A kid sneezes and they can get mauled.

If a kid sneezing causes a dog to maul the child then the owner of the dog long ago missed some warning signs that the dog was unstable. Again that can occur with any breed of dog.

All that tells me is there are a lot of irresponsible breeders/owners. Also people tend to label a dog a pit if it looks even somewhat like a pit. I doubt they are far from the most popular breed. i know lots of people that have pits that dont take polls or let the insurance companies know they have a pit. I like Labs but they will bite a kid just like any other dog. Pits are not crazy time bombs. They are dogs.

Labs are far more popular than pitbulls. Why is it pitbulls kill so many people and labs don't? Certainly there are lots of bad lab owners given they are the most popular breed. You can't just blame the owners all the time. Many pitbulls that killed were family dogs with good owners.

If a kid sneezing causes a dog to maul the child then the owner of the dog long ago missed some warning signs that the dog was unstable. Again that can occur with any breed of dog.

And obviously happens far more with pitbulls. Otherwise the more popular breeds would be killing more people.

I pray he doesn'thave a pit and kids.

What's the percentage?

The latest figure I seen was 323 deaths committed by rifles. How many were actually assault rifles I don't know. But knowing that there 310 million nonmilitary firearms in the country as of 2009 then I would say oyu have a greater chance of being attacked by a dog than shot by a rifle.

In 2011, more murders were committed by knives (1,694), hands, fists and feet (728) and blunt weapons such as clubs and hammers (496), than rifles (323) according to FBI data.

There are about 78 million dogs in this country, but it's hard to make a comparison when you don't know how many deaths were committed by just assault rifles. I would tend to guess dog attack deaths overall are more rare than gun deaths overall. :dunno:

It's a very rare event that gets played up in the media when it's a pitbul.
Played up?....A child is DEAD. By a an animal known to attack other animals and humans....Your rebuttal?
"Yeah but" doesn't cut it.

The dog in the original Little Rascals is a pit. Helen Keller owned one as well. Its the owners/breeders not the dogs. They are an amazing breed of dog.

"Amazing"...A throw away superlative when a person has nothing to say..
I suppose you own one..Or three.
I see a pit bull and I want to reach for a pistol. Because at any moment, that dog can turn into a predatory beast...
They are not to be trusted.

Forum List

Back