2-yr-old girl, mother mauled by pit bull as mother tries to fight with her bare hands

Anyways back to Benny. Cinnamon Saints Ben Beau. Little mother trucker from hades. You think you want to deal with a pit?

Try a Boston.

Look pits are just the bigger terrier. And I love them to death. I've been blessed knowing more than a few in my time. It makes me sick to my stomach that they get such a bad rap. it's wrong. They are dolls.

They have killed a lot of children. Young children that couldn't have possibly hurt a pitbull. That is a doll to you? That is pathetic.

Idiot parents. Who leaves a beast with a child?

Dog's very seldom attack out of the blue - there are usually warning signs that people ignore or don't recognize :(

Bullshit...
Just bullshit...
Yeah ok, the kid may have pulled the dog's ear....So what?...If the dog was a good breed is may have growled a bit or just yelped and ran away.
A good dog can be trained to never show aggression toward the children. In fact most good breeds immediately take to children and will protect them.
The one issue with dogs is identifying an "Alpha"....If the family dog is an Alpha, it is advisable to never place a non walking child( In diapers) on the floor with the dog in the room.
The reason....An alpha will look to dominate. In the dog's world, any animal that exposes it's belly and urinates in the presence of a dominant dog is viewed by the alpha as submissive. The alpha dog will become aggressive toward a baby that does not react in quite the manner a dominant dog will expect. In some unfortunate instances, the dog will attack.
The more aggressive the breed, the more likely it will attack. With ultra aggressive breeds, these dogs will attack children and adults at the slightest of provocations.

Labs are far more popular than pitbulls. Why is it pitbulls kill so many people and labs don't? Certainly there are lots of bad lab owners given they are the most popular breed. You can't just blame the owners all the time. Many pitbulls that killed were family dogs with good owners.

Again I dispute that but lets just go with your numbers. What were Labs bred for? They were bred to retrieve birds in the water. The traits of having a soft mouth, a coat of almost water proof hair, and willing disposition to give up the bird were bred for and refined over the years. Pits were bred to battle to the death and never quit. Which dog will be most able kill a human? I blame owners all the time because they should see the signs when they first get their dogs. The problem is people don't educate themselves on what to look for in a dog. That starts with picking them out and observing any tell tale signs their dogs may be unstable or dangerous.

Right, labs are much better pets. Yet you recommend a pitbull to people with children?

Every other breed of dog in the US combined has not killed as many people as pitbulls. Do you think every other breed combined greatly outnumbers the number of pitbulls? Do you think every other breed just has good owners and pitbulls have bad owners? There are a lot of dogs capable of killing people, they just don't because they are better breeds.

Only if you are intelligent and responsible. I wouldn't recommend anyone get a pit unless they understood the damage these dogs can do and the tendencies the breed exhibits. However, I could say the same about Rotts or any other powerful dog capable of killing a human. The problem like I said before is complex. Other dogs get called pits all the time due to hysteria like you exhibit for one. They are focused so once they get to doing something they excel at it. The breed is extremely popular with wanna be tough guys and criminals. Breeders are more interested in making money rather than breeding for good temperament. You combine all those factors and it makes perfect sense. You never answered my question. Have you owned a pit before?

Look pits are just the bigger terrier. And I love them to death. I've been blessed knowing more than a few in my time. It makes me sick to my stomach that they get such a bad rap. it's wrong. They are dolls.

They have killed a lot of children. Young children that couldn't have possibly hurt a pitbull. That is a doll to you? That is pathetic.

Idiot parents. Who leaves a beast with a child?

People who are stupid enough to listen to idiots who say they are great with children.

None of my pits have killed a child or even looked unhappy with one. Its the owners/breeders and not the breed that are the problem.

Again I dispute that but lets just go with your numbers. What were Labs bred for? They were bred to retrieve birds in the water. The traits of having a soft mouth, a coat of almost water proof hair, and willing disposition to give up the bird were bred for and refined over the years. Pits were bred to battle to the death and never quit. Which dog will be most able kill a human? I blame owners all the time because they should see the signs when they first get their dogs. The problem is people don't educate themselves on what to look for in a dog. That starts with picking them out and observing any tell tale signs their dogs may be unstable or dangerous.

Right, labs are much better pets. Yet you recommend a pitbull to people with children?

Every other breed of dog in the US combined has not killed as many people as pitbulls. Do you think every other breed combined greatly outnumbers the number of pitbulls? Do you think every other breed just has good owners and pitbulls have bad owners? There are a lot of dogs capable of killing people, they just don't because they are better breeds.

Only if you are intelligent and responsible. I wouldn't recommend anyone get a pit unless they understood the damage these dogs can do and the tendencies the breed exhibits. However, I could say the same about Rotts or any other powerful dog capable of killing a human. The problem like I said before is complex. Other dogs get called pits all the time due to hysteria like you exhibit for one. They are focused so once they get to doing something they excel at it. The breed is extremely popular with wanna be tough guys and criminals. Breeders are more interested in making money rather than breeding for good temperament. You combine all those factors and it makes perfect sense. You never answered my question. Have you owned a pit before?

I have never owned a pit nor will I. So your saying if your an experienced dog trainer than just maybe your pit will be safe? And by tendencies you mean the tendency to kll people. Shame so many people go on message boards talking about how sweet and nice they are. Very irresponsible.

Dog's very seldom attack out of the blue - there are usually warning signs that people ignore or don't recognize :(

Bullshit...
Just bullshit...
Yeah ok, the kid may have pulled the dog's ear....So what?...If the dog was a good breed is may have growled a bit or just yelped and ran away.
A good dog can be trained to never show aggression toward the children. In fact most good breeds immediately take to children and will protect them.
The one issue with dogs is identifying an "Alpha"....If the family dog is an Alpha, it is advisable to never place a non walking child( In diapers) on the floor with the dog in the room.
The reason....An alpha will look to dominate. In the dog's world, any animal that exposes it's belly and urinates in the presence of a dominant dog is viewed by the alpha as submissive. The alpha dog will become aggressive toward a baby that does not react in quite the manner a dominant dog will expect. In some unfortunate instances, the dog will attack.
The more aggressive the breed, the more likely it will attack. With ultra aggressive breeds, these dogs will attack children and adults at the slightest of provocations.

Except pits were bred to be aggressive specifically with other dogs and specifically not to be aggressive with people. How easy is this to look up? Dont feed the hysteria.

http://www.aspca.org/pet-care/virtual-pet-behaviorist/dog-behavior/truth-about-pit-bulls

Despite the fact that pit bulls were bred to fight with each other, early breeders took pride in producing dogs that were trustworthy and friendly to people. Handlers bathed their opponent’s dog before a match, stood in the pits with the battling dogs and often pulled them apart to end a fight. Any dog who behaved aggressively toward a person was culled, or killed, to avoid passing on such an undesirable trait. Pit bulls typically lived in their owner’s homes, where they earned the nickname “nursemaid’s dog” because they were so reliable with young children. In fact, “Pete the Pup,” the children’s friend from the old TV series “Our Gang,” was a pit bull.

Last edited:

None of my pits have killed a child or even looked unhappy with one. Its the owners/breeders and not the breed that are the problem.

Yes and every other breed of dog combined don't have as many bad breeders and owners right? Hmmm... A smart person would think maybe it's the breed.

To allow both together and this is what is really crazy that a pit attacked a child on a couch with the owner present I'm not buying in. There is something funky going on.

I know so many people who defend pit bulls and say that they are only as mean as their owners taught them to be. That is likely true with most domesticated animals, but pit bulls aren't totally domesticated. Any wild animal, or part wild animal can turn on people, even their owners. I just wouldn't recommend pit bulls for families with children or those live in city limits.

I'm sure pit bulls are quite lovable to most owners, but given that they have that wild streak, it may be best to keep them away from the population and ensure that laws regarding leashes or fences be adhered to. Any dog can attack, if provoked, which is why we have such laws.

Dogs are domesticated. As a matter of fact they were among the first animals to be domesticated. Pits are dogs that were bred to fight other dogs and actually to be more people friendly than most dogs other than golden retrievers. The reason is that the stranger that owned the opposing dog had to be able to handle it to make sure there was no poison on its fur or any other unfair advantage. What is happening is idiots are over breeding them and not culling the unstable ones. People that are not knowledgeable about the amount of damage the breed can do are buying them like they are some breathing fire arm.

When a breed becomes popular, temperment can be the first casulty. German Shepherds, one of my favorites is a case in point sadly :(

The worst thing that can happen to a breed is to become popular. One after another, human greed has ruined dog breeds. Pit bulls used to be a trustworthy and loving breed. Some individuals still are but there's no way to know which is which.

Every single tie a dog of any breed attacks, the damn stupid owner says the say thing: "Duh, I know know, he was always find with them before". And, other owners ALWAYS say, "Mine would never do that".

People are stupid about dogs. Very clearly, the lesson to be learned is, take care of your own kids. Don't leave kids alone with dogs. Period.

Why is this in Politics?

Yes and every other breed of dog combined don't have as many bad breeders and owners right? Hmmm... A smart person would think maybe it's the breed.

Helen Keller didn't think so. How many great pit owners would you like me to hit you on?

I can take you out in a heartbeat. Choose wisely.

I have never owned a pit nor will I. So your saying if your an experienced dog trainer than just maybe your pit will be safe? And by tendencies you mean the tendency to kll people. Shame so many people go on message boards talking about how sweet and nice they are. Very irresponsible.

If you have never owned the dog how can you label it? You dont have to be an experienced trainer. You just need to educate yourself like you would do with any dog. Anyone that doesnt educate themselves no matter what dog they get are the irresponsible ones.

Pit bull likely ate owner's hands - Houston Chronicle

WILTON -- Two days after a dog bit off a woman's hand and her other arm, sources said her hands were likely eaten. And police said they had been to her home in the past for problems with the same dog.

Wilton's animal control officer had been called to the home of 65-year-old Anne Murray twice, both times on complaints that the pit bull had roamed off the property, police Lt. Don Wakeman said Wednesday.

To allow both together and this is what is really crazy that a pit attacked a child on a couch with the owner present I'm not buying in. There is something funky going on.

Like it hasn't happened many times before.

Only a ignorant person would think its the breed without knowing for sure. Its pretty simple. Educate yourself. Its not that hard.

Pits + Bad owners/ bad temperament = killing machine

Dogs are domesticated. As a matter of fact they were among the first animals to be domesticated. Pits are dogs that were bred to fight other dogs and actually to be more people friendly than most dogs other than golden retrievers. The reason is that the stranger that owned the opposing dog had to be able to handle it to make sure there was no poison on its fur or any other unfair advantage. What is happening is idiots are over breeding them and not culling the unstable ones. People that are not knowledgeable about the amount of damage the breed can do are buying them like they are some breathing fire arm.

When a breed becomes popular, temperment can be the first casulty. German Shepherds, one of my favorites is a case in point sadly :(

The worst thing that can happen to a breed is to become popular. One after another, human greed has ruined dog breeds. Pit bulls used to be a trustworthy and loving breed. Some individuals still are but there's no way to know which is which.

Every single tie a dog of any breed attacks, the damn stupid owner says the say thing: "Duh, I know know, he was always find with them before". And, other owners ALWAYS say, "Mine would never do that".

People are stupid about dogs. Very clearly, the lesson to be learned is, take care of your own kids. Don't leave kids alone with dogs. Period.

Why is this in Politics?

You may think me a brain dead idiot but my personal choices in the dog world as companions have been as an adult a Ridgeback, my crew as Catahoulas, and now entering the world of Black and Tans.

Breeds that are not popular and keep working. You enter the world of popular and here if I could throttle anyone at Disney I would and you are doomed to failed breeds whether health wise or behavioral issues.

If you have never owned the dog how can you label it? You dont have to be an experienced trainer. You just need to educate yourself like you would do with any dog. Anyone that doesnt educate themselves no matter what dog they get are the irresponsible ones.

Because I have children and am too responsible. I've had friends who had them and were good owners. Dogs seem fine then one day snap for no apparent reason.

Statistics don't lie. They are the most dangerous breed of dog. Get a lab, they are much nicer and won't kill your children.

Only a ignorant person would think its the breed without knowing for sure. Its pretty simple. Educate yourself. Its not that hard.

Pits + Bad owners/ bad temperament = killing machine

Sure other dogs don't have bad temperament, breeding, or bad owners. Just happens pitbulls kill more than every other dog breed combined. Sure.

Forum List

Back