20 children hospitalized each day with gun injuries

It's just a shame they end up doing more harm than good.

Law abiding citizens proactively taking measures to protect themselves and their families end up doing more harm than good? Really? Are you really that thick?

Or is it the assholes running around shooting indiscriminately that are doing the harm? Maybe, eh?

Relatively easy access to firearms is what I was referring to.

Yes, it's shame that a few idiots in cities like Chicago, Detroit, DC and New Orleans are so irresponsible with firearms and commit enough murders to thrust America into 3rd place of countries ranked by number of murders. If the murders committed by these thugs and crazies were removed from the stats, the US would rank 4th from the Bottom for total murder committed.

That's quite a difference, ain't it?

So, despite these 4 cities having the toughest Gun Control Laws in the country, that's were the bulk of the murders occur.

And yes, that is a shame.

But of course, these idiots have no more "easy access to firearms" than everyone else in the country. It should be harder in fact with all those gun control laws in those cities.

This rather dismantles your suggestion that easy access to firearms ends up doing more harm than good, doesn't it?

Why yes it does.

Law abiding citizens proactively taking measures to protect themselves and their families end up doing more harm than good? Really? Are you really that thick?

Or is it the assholes running around shooting indiscriminately that are doing the harm? Maybe, eh?

Yes, it's shame that a few idiots in cities like Chicago, Detroit, DC and New Orleans are so irresponsible with firearms and commit enough murders to thrust America into 3rd place of countries ranked by number of murders. If the murders committed by these thugs and crazies were removed from the stats, the US would rank 4th from the Bottom for total murder committed.

So, despite these 4 cities having the toughest Gun Control Laws in the country, that's were the bulk of the murders occur.

But of course, these idiots have no more "easy access to firearms" than everyone else in the country. It should be harder in fact with all those gun control laws in those cities.

This rather dismantles your suggestion that easy access to firearms ends up doing more harm than good, doesn't it?

Why yes it does.

So you're saying that Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws and criminals don't go or send someone across state lines to buy guns?

Good for you. Did I say they did?

But all the laws you propose only make it harder for him to own weapons, not criminals.

So if his guns don't do anything bad why do laws you support only target people like him?

Link to the laws you say I support. I'd love to read what my opinion is.

From your posts you seem to not like anyone but government agents owning firearms.

Am I wrong in that assumption?

Why yes it does.

Let me check again.....nope it doesn't.

Saying that Chicago, Detroit, DC, etc...have the strictest gun laws in the country is meaningless. That's like boasting that you're the tallest midget or the fastest speed walker.

But all the laws you propose only make it harder for him to own weapons, not criminals.

So if his guns don't do anything bad why do laws you support only target people like him?

From your posts you seem to not like anyone but government agents owning firearms.

LOL. Which post in particular gives you that impression. Pick any post of mine that I even come close to suggesting that.

I know you're lazy but you're taking it to a whole new level.

Why yes it does.

So you're saying that Chicago has some of the toughest gun laws and criminals don't go or send someone across state lines to buy guns?

Yeah, just like heroin dealers send people across national lines to buy heroin, Sherlock.

LOL. Which post in particular gives you that impression. Pick any post of mine that I even come close to suggesting that.

So you support the right of law abiding citizens to own firearms such as semi-automatic rifles and handguns, without massive government interference?

Why yes it does.

Saying that Chicago, Detroit, DC, etc...have the strictest gun laws in the country is meaningless. That's like boasting that you're the tallest midget or the fastest speed walker.

Go carry a gun openly on your hip in Chicago for twelve hours then come back and tell us how meaningless it is, idiot.

So you support the right of law abiding citizens to own firearms such as semi-automatic rifles and handguns, without massive government interference?

So you're not going to show the post where think I made all of these claims?

Why yes it does.

Go carry a gun openly on your hip in Chicago for twelve hours then come back and tell us how meaningless it is, idiot.

Did you have a point? Of course not, you're a turnip.

No, but from the tone of your posts, my OPINION is that you do not support 2nd amendment rights. This is a chance for you to state your position, so assumptions by people such as myself will not be required.

No, but from the tone of your posts, my OPINION is that you do not support 2nd amendment rights. This is a chance for you to state your position, so assumptions by people such as myself will not be required.

I believe responsible gun owners should be allowed to own whatever firearm they want. But we need to be much stricter about who can purchase and possess weapons. I want to ensure that if you're truly responsible than you will have no issues, but if you have any sort of question mark that you be screened thoroughly.

Why yes it does.

No, what I'm saying is that the facts show that "easy access to firearms" is a failed argument to support the notion that these weapons "end up doing more harm than good"...which was the poster's point. Again, we know this because in the places where citizens have the easiest access to firearms, the number of murders are are incredibly low. Where the laws are strictest, we see the highest number of murders, which proves that it's the idiots doing the murdering and not the availability of firearms that are the problem.

But I made that pretty clear in my post. Reading comprehension issues perhaps?

Secondly, criminals RARELY buy firearms legally. In the vast majority of cases, they're either stolen, purchased illegally, or transferred from a friend or relative. Only pointing that out to show the futility of laws imposed on legal purchases.

Why yes it does.

No, what I'm saying is that the facts show that "easy access to firearms" is a failed argument to support the notion that these weapons "end up doing more harm than good"...which was the poster's point. Again, we know this because in the places where citizens have the easiest access to firearms, the number of murders are are incredibly low. Where the laws are strictest, we see the highest number of murders, which proves that it's the idiots doing the murdering and not the availability of firearms that are the problem.

But I made that pretty clear in my post. Reading comprehension issues perhaps?

Secondly, criminals RARELY buy firearms legally. In the vast majority of cases, they're either stolen, purchased illegally, or transferred from a friend or relative. Only pointing that out to show the futility of laws imposed on legal purchases.

Well, you missed MY point. Criminals can get guns from areas where guns are easiest to get, it doesn't matter if they live in Chicago or wherever. Get it?

I believe responsible gun owners should be allowed to own whatever firearm they want. But we need to be much stricter about who can purchase and possess weapons. I want to ensure that if you're truly responsible than you will have no issues, but if you have any sort of question mark that you be screened thoroughly.

So you are against the law passed in NY State that forbids ownership of semi-automatic Rifles except if you already own one? You are against the ban on magazines above 10 rounds? You are against the rules in NYC that forbid concealed carry unless you can prove to the police that you "need" one?

Why yes it does.

Then you're being intentionally obtuse...or you're just downright stupid.

You said "easy access to firearms" results in firearms that "end up doing more harm than good". If that were true, how do you square the incredibly low number of murders in areas with the easiest access to firearms compared to the much higher number of murders in cities with the strictest gun control laws.

Hmmm???

And "because I say so" is not a reasonable retort. Just sayin'

Forum List

Back