2010 The hottest year on record

Much earlier, at the beginning of summer, someone posted that they expected this summer to be very warm. The peanut gallery gave them a rousing chorus of bronx cheers. I stated that I would wait until October to weigh in.

Well, this summer definately was a warm one, worldwide. Rivalling that of 1998. So, rdean or Chris, were spot on with their predictions. And the peanut gallery was, as usual, out in left field.

It was only hot when they cherry picked where they took the readings from. The supposed record 105 degree temp for the northeast was recorded at two airport based weather stations with the acres of tarmac to raise the temps. That makes the statement untrue. Here in the deserts of nevada we didn't get our first day of spring till the 5th day of summer. In the LA area they witnessed record cold temps that killed many crops.

However, the cool summer might make the wine's this year particularly good. It all depends on if they were able to get enough in before the fall arrived.

California's late grape harvest of 2010: What it could mean to winemakers - latimes.com

If 2010 is actually recorded as the hottest year on record, it must be because they weighted the average for a disproportionate amount of sensors located in the full noonday sun on airport tarmacs and in active volcano craters.

And, by the way, we have an interesting anomally going on. A very strong La Nina, yet October was very warm, and November does not look like a cold month at all. Should the anomoly be above 3, we will still be in competition with 1998 and 2005 for the warmest year on record.

In a year that began with a moderate El Nino, and ends with a very strong La Nina. Not a good sign for you fellows in denial.

It is only interesting as an example of data manipulation.

SinkingOilShip.jpg

The GOP will control the House until at least 2020 given the results of last weeks elections and the coming redistricting efforts of Republican governors, thus, all this discussion about temperatures and ice and sea currents is an exercise in futility for the k00ks. Nobody is going to vote for a cut of 2.3 million jobs in this climate..........even most Dums.

As John Kerry said recently on Capitol Hill.........."The subject of global warming is radioactive around here".

2010 was my coldest year in Rio De Janeiro, the Brazilians all said the same thing. Coldest in the 16 years I have been going to Rio.

Good thing we have environuts to tell us otherwise.

2010 was my coldest year in Rio De Janeiro, the Brazilians all said the same thing. Coldest in the 16 years I have been going to Rio.

A severe drought has pushed river levels in Brazil's Amazon region to record lows, leaving isolated communities dependent on emergency aid and thousands of boats stranded on parched riverbeds.

The drought fits a pattern of more extreme weather in the world's largest rain forest in recent years and is, scientists say, an expected result of global warming. Last year, the region was hit by widespread flooding and in 2005 it endured a devastating drought.

The level of the dark Rio Negro, a tributary to the Amazonas river and itself the world's largest black-water river, fell to 13.63 meters (45 feet) on Sunday, its lowest since records began in 1902, according to the Brazilian Geological Service.

"People are lacking food because fish are dying in the warm waters. Nearly all boats are grounded -- only the smallest ones can navigate the waters," said Rosival Dias, a coordinator with the Amazonas Sustainable Foundation environmental group who has visited affected areas.

"I've worked in the region about 30 years and never seen anything like the last few years. This has everything to do with climate change."

Brazil's Amazon region suffers severe drought | Reuters

Last edited:
And, by the way, we have an interesting anomally going on. A very strong La Nina, yet October was very warm, and November does not look like a cold month at all. Should the anomoly be above 3, we will still be in competition with 1998 and 2005 for the warmest year on record.

In a year that began with a moderate El Nino, and ends with a very strong La Nina. Not a good sign for you fellows in denial.

It is only interesting as an example of data manipulation.

Once again, Walleyes denies reality.

Oct. 2010 UAH Global Temperature Update: +0.42 deg. C Roy Spencer, Ph. D.

If 2010 is actually recorded as the hottest year on record, it must be because they weighted the average for a disproportionate amount of sensors located in the full noonday sun on airport tarmacs and in active volcano craters.

I see. That is where they get satellite readings?

I see. That is where they get satellite readings?

One word SATELLITEGATE.... It seems they are not working so good.....

Leading US Physicist Labels Satellitegate Scandal a 'Catastrophe' -- Science & Technology -- Sott.net

And we had a nice 3 inches of snow today! A few of the ski resorts will be opening next week!

A severe drought has pushed river levels in Brazil's Amazon region to record lows, leaving isolated communities dependent on emergency aid and thousands of boats stranded on parched riverbeds.

The drought fits a pattern of more extreme weather in the world's largest rain forest in recent years and is, scientists say, an expected result of global warming. Last year, the region was hit by widespread flooding and in 2005 it endured a devastating drought.

The level of the dark Rio Negro, a tributary to the Amazonas river and itself the world's largest black-water river, fell to 13.63 meters (45 feet) on Sunday, its lowest since records began in 1902, according to the Brazilian Geological Service.

"People are lacking food because fish are dying in the warm waters. Nearly all boats are grounded -- only the smallest ones can navigate the waters," said Rosival Dias, a coordinator with the Amazonas Sustainable Foundation environmental group who has visited affected areas.

"I've worked in the region about 30 years and never seen anything like the last few years. This has everything to do with climate change."

Funny my friends who live on the Amazon said nothing of this, I guess you know better than those who actually have been to Brazil or live in Brazil.

I bet you scratch your head at night when the sun goes down, what do you propose to do about that, talk about warming and heating the planet, the sun going up and down is the biggest cause of warming and cooling, how do you propose keeping the temperature exactly the same all day, every day, night and day.

Funny my friends who live on the Amazon said nothing of this, I guess you know better than those who actually have been to Brazil or live in Brazil.

I bet you scratch your head at night when the sun goes down, what do you propose to do about that, talk about warming and heating the planet, the sun going up and down is the biggest cause of warming and cooling, how do you propose keeping the temperature exactly the same all day, every day, night and day.

Yea, those crazy people at the Brazilian Geological Service, what do they know?

I'm sure your "friends in Brazil" know better.

And I am proposing nothing....except that we need to be aware of what is happening and think about how to deal with it.

And I am proposing nothing....except that we need to be aware of what is happening and think about how to deal with it.

Ever been to Brazil, I have, I will make sure to tell the people in Brazil, I am sure they will want to know.

I read the article, it states one tributary that feeds the Amazon, one of how many, hundreds, thousands, maybe ten thousand tributaries, or more.

Attachments

• $rio fort.jpg
    $rio fort.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

Ever been to Brazil, I have, I will make sure to tell the people in Brazil, I am sure they will want to know.

Better yet, have your friends contact the Brazilian Geological Service or have them read the article at the link I have provided.

Better yet, have your friends contact the Brazilian Geological Service or have them read the article at the link I have provided.

What for, I will just talk to them personally, face to face, I am sure they will be concerned.

No, I have not been to Brazil, and given your level of lying on other subjects, I seriously doubt that you have been either. What ever that case may be, it is far more than just one paper reporting the drought.

Brazil Crops Shrivel as Amazon Dries Up to Lowest in 47 Years - Bloomberg

Drought in Brazil, the world’s biggest producer of coffee, sugar and oranges, is harming crops and drying the Amazon River to its lowest in 47 years.

The Amazon’s 18-meter (59-feet) level on Sept. 20 was the least since 1963, disrupting transportation of food, fuel and medicines in northern Brazil, the National Water Agency said in an e-mailed statement. Growers in Brazil’s Southeast expect the drought will pare output of the nation’s key commodities.

Sugar rose to the highest price in seven months in New York today and has jumped 29 percent this month because of concern the South American drought threatens global supplies. Orange juice gained 15 percent this month and coffee soared 33 percent this year. The dry weather will persist at least until mid- October, said Willians Bini, a meteorologist at Sao Paulo-based weather forecaster Somar Meteorologia.

No, I have not been to Brazil, and given your level of lying on other subjects, I seriously doubt that you have been either. What ever that case may be, it is far more than just one paper reporting the drought.

Brazil Crops Shrivel as Amazon Dries Up to Lowest in 47 Years - Bloomberg

Drought in Brazil, the world’s biggest producer of coffee, sugar and oranges, is harming crops and drying the Amazon River to its lowest in 47 years.

The Amazon’s 18-meter (59-feet) level on Sept. 20 was the least since 1963, disrupting transportation of food, fuel and medicines in northern Brazil, the National Water Agency said in an e-mailed statement. Growers in Brazil’s Southeast expect the drought will pare output of the nation’s key commodities.

Sugar rose to the highest price in seven months in New York today and has jumped 29 percent this month because of concern the South American drought threatens global supplies. Orange juice gained 15 percent this month and coffee soared 33 percent this year. The dry weather will persist at least until mid- October, said Willians Bini, a meteorologist at Sao Paulo-based weather forecaster Somar Meteorologia.

Point out one lie fuck face. Old Crock, your the biggest fucking liar on these boards, not only do you lie repeatedly you have not the intelligence to read what you link to which makes you dumb.

Not one post have you been able to defend, you must be pissed because I will not accept, "installed capacity" in lieu of actual electricity produced by a wind turbine. Obviously you spent a lot of time trying to google a link you could use and came up empty.

When I see how Old Crock will never give up I realize that people like Old Crock will resort to violence, most likely a declaration of martial law and turn the military loose on ordinary people. I dont try and change the mind of assholes like Old Crock, the fact that Old Crock will resort to calling people filthy names shows me Old Crock will resort to violence one day, once all other avenues close to the liberals they will resort to violence.

Liberals accuse the far right wing of being dangerous, ready to resort to violence, they state this because that is who they are, they believe everyone is the same as them when it comes to violence.

Old Crock is a danger in the sense that those who are liberals use the government to advance their Marxist ideology. I literally pay extreme rates for electricity because the laws passed in California are designed to make the rich filthy rich.

Old Crock loves my money, fucking rat bastard has both hands deep in my pocket, most likely he wants more than my money.

Attachments

• $brazil.jpg
    $brazil.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:

Forum List

Back