2016 Arctic sea ice thread

Look here is some more Information "with colors" even if that insane asshole Science rejecting Bea Otch don't like it ..fuck that

spiral_optimized.gif
Look into my eyes, you are getting sleepy, sleepy, when you awaken, you will believe in man made global warming....

Look here is some more Information "with colors" even if that insane asshole Science rejecting Bea Otch don't like it ..fuck that
Look into my eyes, you are getting sleepy, sleepy, when you awaken, you will believe in man made global warming....

You reject science for Political Mumbo Jumbo..I am firmly on the side of Science

Me and the scientist were hypnotized ...? eh Einstein LOL
Scientific Consensus on Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

Scientific Consensus on Global Warming

Scientific societies and scientists have released statements and studies showing the growing consensus on climate change science. A common objection to taking action to reduce our heat-trapping emissions has been uncertainty within the scientific community on whether or not global warming is happening and if it is caused by humans. However, there is now an overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming is indeed happening and humans are contributing to it. Below are links to documents and statements attesting to this consensus.

Scientific Societies

• American Physical Society: Statement on Climate Change

"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)
    • American Geophysical Union: Human Impacts on Climate

"The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century." (Adopted December 2003, Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007)
    • American Association for the Advancement of Science: AAAS Board Statement on Climate Change

"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (December 2006)
    • Geological Society of America: Global Climate Change

"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)
Scientific Consensus

Nope, its getting thicker, I posted the story and the link, I can go back and get it.
I still can't figure out how ice melts under 29 degrees F.

Why do you think there is ice melting under 29 degrees F?

Sea ice melts from more then just the air temperature. You also have to consider the temperature of the water and wind direction...(Does the ice spread out and allow the water under it to more easily melt it.). Anyways, a lot of the arctic has been above freezing the past week,,,so it has been warmer in a lot of areas then 29f.

Well, the problem is some people just act like science should be easy enough for them to understand, and if they can't understand it, they reject it.

That could be an argument for both sides of this debate.

There could be. I personally interested in finding the truth. Others are interested in finding what they want to find.

Some people are able to make good points, others spend their whole time fucking around and trying to make all evidence seem like it's not, then trumpet when one person says something that supports their claim

Well, the problem is some people just act like science should be easy enough for them to understand, and if they can't understand it, they reject it.
Of course there are those who are arrogant and think they are smart enough to understand complex hypothesis, or even more complex theories, simply because they go outside on a warm day and arrogantly think that confirms their understanding.

Nice observation of yours, although a bit shallow.

And there are also people who see it colder, and then say man made climate change isn't happening.

I never said there weren't people on both sides who are looking for what they want to find.

99 Percent Chance 2016 Will Be the Hottest Year on Record
Scientific American
Odds are increasing that 2016 will be the hottest year on the books, as April continued a remarkable streak of record-warm months.

Last month was rated as the warmest April on record by both NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which released their data this week. In the temperature annals kept by NOAA, it marked the 12th record warmest month in a row.

Global temperatures have been hovering around 1.5°C (2.7°F) above pre-industrial averages—a threshold that’s being considered by international negotiators as a new goal for limiting warming.

Me and the scientist were hypnotized ...? eh Einstein LOL
Scientific Consensus on Global Warming | Union of Concerned Scientists

Scientific Consensus on Global Warming

Scientific societies and scientists have released statements and studies showing the growing consensus on climate change science. A common objection to taking action to reduce our heat-trapping emissions has been uncertainty within the scientific community on whether or not global warming is happening and if it is caused by humans. However, there is now an overwhelming scientific consensus that global warming is indeed happening and humans are contributing to it. Below are links to documents and statements attesting to this consensus.

Scientific Societies

• American Physical Society: Statement on Climate Change

"The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now." (November 2007)
    • American Geophysical Union: Human Impacts on Climate

"The Earth's climate is now clearly out of balance and is warming. Many components of the climate system—including the temperatures of the atmosphere, land and ocean, the extent of sea ice and mountain glaciers, the sea level, the distribution of precipitation, and the length of seasons—are now changing at rates and in patterns that are not natural and are best explained by the increased atmospheric abundances of greenhouse gases and aerosols generated by human activity during the 20th century." (Adopted December 2003, Revised and Reaffirmed December 2007)
    • American Association for the Advancement of Science: AAAS Board Statement on Climate Change

"The scientific evidence is clear: global climate change caused by human activities is occurring now, and it is a growing threat to society." (December 2006)
    • Geological Society of America: Global Climate Change

"The Geological Society of America (GSA) supports the scientific conclusions that Earth’s climate is changing; the climate changes are due in part to human activities; and the probable consequences of the climate changes will be significant and blind to geopolitical boundaries." (October 2006)
Scientific Consensus
Yes, the consensus, based on one or two studies of other people studies in a publication you must be a member of to see. If asked to come up with a list of names with their professions, and what they state explicitly is their opinion, that can not be done because a survey of scientists has not been conducted.

A study of studies does not establish consensus.

You reject science for Political Mumbo Jumbo..I am firmly on the side of Science
No, I do not, I just realize those who post cartoons as science are fools.
You are a clown who just keeps repeating an unscientific position pretending its better than Science...Science totally rejects you not me you...you are an idiot who gets a link full of information and starts to make snide comments on the graphic..an Asshole LOL
April 2016 Global Land And Sea Temperature: Another Record High

99 Percent Chance 2016 Will Be the Hottest Year on Record
Scientific American
Odds are increasing that 2016 will be the hottest year on the books, as April continued a remarkable streak of record-warm months.

Last month was rated as the warmest April on record by both NASA and the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, which released their data this week. In the temperature annals kept by NOAA, it marked the 12th record warmest month in a row.

Global temperatures have been hovering around 1.5°C (2.7°F) above pre-industrial averages—a threshold that’s being considered by international negotiators as a new goal for limiting warming.
Above the 20th century average? But not above the average for the 21st century! More clown science!

The planet’s temperature for January through March was 1.15°C (2.07°F) above the 20th century average for the same period, according to NOAA

Yes, the consensus, based on one or two studies of other people studies in a publication you must be a member of to see. If asked to come up with a list of names with their professions, and what they state explicitly is their opinion, that can not be done because a survey of scientists has not been conducted.

OK fine Link to the studies that support your position...lets look at the sources ...come on you can do it ...link me

393956d1457787374t-priv-knows-how-priv-me-off-slimport-casting-charging-issues-rofl.gif

You are a clown who just keeps repeating an unscientific position pretending its better than Science...Science totally rejects you not me you...you are an idiot who gets a link full of information and starts to make snide comments on the graphic..an Asshole LOL
April 2016 Global Land And Sea Temperature: Another Record High
You posted a cartoon, and a colored drawing, as science.
and all you have done is repeated moronically that you know more and better than any old science does .. Notice my post contain links and Information...your post ..NOT SO MUCH LOL
393956d1457787374t-priv-knows-how-priv-me-off-slimport-casting-charging-issues-rofl.gif

OK fine Link to the studies that support your position...lets look at the sources ...come on you can do it ...link me

You made the assertion, if you care to begin to link to studies, you made the assertion, so go first. Go to an actual study, not to a website who makes claims of studies.

I do not need to site a study to make the point of fact, that a study of studies does not establish scientific consensus.

The studies you can produce will be of an author's opinion as to what other's opinions are based on the prejudices of the author. This road has been traveled in other threads, so feel free to produce the entire study, and there is at least 2, so go ahead. Make your case that there is an actual consensus, and not simply one man's opinion as to what other scientists believe based on his interpretation of published papers.

One point I can make now, is that the author could send ask each scientist personally, what he thinks, but that is not done. You will produce one man's opinion, maybe two or three, but you will not find a consensus.

but, give it a try, others have, and failed,

Above the 20th century average? But not above the average for the 21st century! More clown science!

The planet’s temperature for January through March was 1.15°C (2.07°F) above the 20th century average for the same period, according to NOAA
are you drinking or something ?
NASA, NOAA Analyses Reveal Record-Shattering Global Temperatures
Fantastic news. Most weather related deaths are from cold, millions of lives will be saved.

Forum List

Back