Despite everyone being tired of the Bush's and Clintons, the parties nominate Jeb and Hillary.

Jeb wins because he's less unpleasant.
I'm not tired of the Clintons He was a very good president. She will be too.
Because, out of 300 MILLION people the best we can do is elect 'royal' families. First 2 Bush presidents (with the idiotic GOP talking about another one) and now 2 Clintons.

I swear the ability for the American people to accept a ruling class has gotten downright disgusting.
Until campaign finance laws change, we will have to continue running candidates who can raise money. Republicans don't find campaign finance important so another two years will be lost in that effort.
Finance reform is not going to change a damn thing. YOU have all the power. Money does not vote - people do. As long as they are willing to be lead around by sheep it doesn't matter how much is spent where. The idea that these politicians would not be beholden if they only had to raise half, a quarter or some other random amount of what they are currently raising is misplaced.

The big bucks are on the OTHER side of the office - after they are able to start writing policy. As long as there are trillions to be made companies will be spending billions on making it. It doesn't matter how many laws you pass.
You just don't know what's up, neither do your congress critters, they continue working for those who give them money. What I said was entirely correct. We need campaign finance laws so that these seats will be available to all who want to run. Not just your extreme whackadoos who are backed financially by the Teaparty.
Whut? What planet do you occupy? Mitch McConnell beat out the TP candidate in the primary mainly because he had money behind him.

Wow, I yanked your chain real good.
The real question is why you hate Palin so much, especially since she obviously has a better grasp on foreign affairs than Obama. Is it because she takes dick and you're jealous?

Yes, Palin has such a great grasp on foreign affairs that she doesn't know which Korea is our ally.
Whut?

did someone put her on a national ticket?

Does she have a contract with MSNBC saying this kind of stupid stuff every week?

She thought she was the national ticket. She could say anything she wanted because the Teaparty approved of all of it. They LOVED anyone who would take the heat for their stupid policies.

That's like 100% opposite of what happened. In reality she felt constrained in what she said by McCain's advisors. She wrote about it later. Try keeping up.

Keeping up with Palin? That's a joke, you moron.

Despite everyone being tired of the Bush's and Clintons, the parties nominate Jeb and Hillary.

Because, out of 300 MILLION people the best we can do is elect 'royal' families. First 2 Bush presidents (with the idiotic GOP talking about another one) and now 2 Clintons.

I swear the ability for the American people to accept a ruling class has gotten downright disgusting.
Until campaign finance laws change, we will have to continue running candidates who can raise money. Republicans don't find campaign finance important so another two years will be lost in that effort.
Finance reform is not going to change a damn thing. YOU have all the power. Money does not vote - people do. As long as they are willing to be lead around by sheep it doesn't matter how much is spent where. The idea that these politicians would not be beholden if they only had to raise half, a quarter or some other random amount of what they are currently raising is misplaced.

The big bucks are on the OTHER side of the office - after they are able to start writing policy. As long as there are trillions to be made companies will be spending billions on making it. It doesn't matter how many laws you pass.
You just don't know what's up, neither do your congress critters, they continue working for those who give them money. What I said was entirely correct. We need campaign finance laws so that these seats will be available to all who want to run. Not just your extreme whackadoos who are backed financially by the Teaparty.

So you want more and more government, which you say is controlled by money. Liar, you don't believe congress is controlled by money, if you did, you'd want less government, not more.

Yes, Palin has such a great grasp on foreign affairs that she doesn't know which Korea is our ally.
Whut?

Does she have a contract with MSNBC saying this kind of stupid stuff every week?

She thought she was the national ticket. She could say anything she wanted because the Teaparty approved of all of it. They LOVED anyone who would take the heat for their stupid policies.

That's like 100% opposite of what happened. In reality she felt constrained in what she said by McCain's advisors. She wrote about it later. Try keeping up.

Keeping up with Palin? That's a joke, you moron.

Yes, it is a joke to expect you to be even mildly informed rather than just blathering ignorant opinion. My mistake.

So you want more and more government, which you say is controlled by money. Liar, you don't believe congress is controlled by money, if you did, you'd want less government, not more.
She wants more Democrats elected and more rich people thrown in jail.

Remind me what Clinton did that was so good, other than getting impeached.

He sexually harassed a Democratic activist in the White House.
OK, that certainly counts as an achievement among Dems.
He did help demonstrate that the organized women's rights movement has no moral standing whatsoever. Also an accomplishment.

Whut? What planet do you occupy? Mitch McConnell beat out the TP candidate in the primary mainly because he had money behind him.

I think he won because of money, but differently. He was going to be Senate majority leader, and that's a gravy train to one's State position. Byrd perfected that, but Lott and the rest continued it.

You don't know anything about me or what I want. Just move along with your other extreme cronies.

You try to help somebody see the light and this is what you get..

Ah, so she doesn't think congress is controlled by money, she just thinks Republicans are... I knew that, I just wanted her to say it. Democrats of course don't do anything for the money that flows in to their coffers you know. LOL, yeah.

I think he won because of money, but differently. He was going to be Senate majority leader, and that's a gravy train to one's State position. Byrd perfected that, but Lott and the rest continued it.
There were many factors. We both named one.
But more campaign finance reform would not have either kept the TP candidate out or put him in, contrary to what AirheadSarah writes.

You don't know anything about me or what I want. Just move along with your other extreme cronies.

You try to help somebody see the light and this is what you get..

So I can't infer from your being with the Democrats in every discussion that you support the Democrats? Actually ... I can ...

Ah, so she doesn't think congress is controlled by money, she just thinks Republicans are... I knew that, I just wanted her to say it. Democrats of course don't do anything for the money that flows in to their coffers you know. LOL, yeah.
GOP money flows from those nasty Koch Brothers and those racist sexist Chik-Fil-A people.
Democrat money comes pure as the driven snow.

GOP money flows from those nasty Koch Brothers and those racist sexist Chik-Fil-A people.

Yes, Soros just cares about people. As do the unions that fill Democrat coffers. They aren't in it for any personal gain.

Yes, Soros just cares about people. As do the unions that fill Democrat coffers. They aren't in it for any personal gain.
Or the trial lawyers. No self interest there.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

It is naive to think that the monied interests go away when a law tries to limit them. they just find another way to get the money to the candidate through other means. At the absolute worst, they will simply promise to hire them after they leave office as a 'historian' for five million a year.

Pass all the campaign finance laws you want and you will do nothing to change the system. As long as there is money to be made (and our current system makes that so) there will be people 'investing' in that money. An apathetic voter base that cares more about where the dog was on a road trip WILL NOT stop politicians being controlled by money.

ALL the power lies in the vote - ALL OF IT. The American people simply refuse to use any of it and bowing to the political powers that be so they don't have to bother the get educated about their government.

No, he's yours. That's precisely what the Left wants is a Leftist president. Hell, you picked our last two candidates, so why not stick with what works, right?
He isn't a Democrat. You should learn to like him, he is one who could beat Hillary. Nobody else can.

Actually, they all can. Hillary "what difference does it make" Clinton has more baggage than Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain combined. There isn't a single potential contender I would worry about.

So no, we don't need Crisco Christie.

And you suck at political analysis.
I don't suck at it, I love political analysis and I'm good at it. Have you seen the exploratory polling? Nobody can touch Hillary except maybe, Chris Christie. Republicans have nobody. Your candidates are all idiots or they bore everyone to tears.

You'll see Big Bill in the White House again, mark my words...
No, he's right. Your political analysis seems to consist of "everyone else thinks just like I do."

And your political analysis? Look,I know you're Romney's blow toy so your picking him in 2012 was no surprise. But you can't even keep your stories straight Shirley:

November 2009:
Palin is doing her best work right now going around making speeches and pontificating on this and that. I think she will make an excellent replacement for Ann Coulter.
As a politician she is finished. I have been a Reagan Republican since 1980 and there is no effing way I would vote for her. I like her ideas and ideals but she has proven herself incapable of holding office.

Okay she's finished...right?
Not so fast:

April 2010 (5 months later):
I am not sure he can wait until 2012 when President Palin takes office.

Palin has continued to be an embarrassment to any and all who once supported her....You finally tried to bury her (again) here:

August 2014
The truth is the GOP in general does not want to pursue impeachment, which will be a dead end at this point. Sarah Palin is not the GOP. She's not even an important part in it.

I imagine you'll jump back on the bandwagon of Palin for President in 2016 sometime. Meanwhile, you shouldn't worry about winning a debate with anyone--you can't. First try winning a debate with yourself.
Candycorn for the huge win!

He isn't a Democrat. You should learn to like him, he is one who could beat Hillary. Nobody else can.

Actually, they all can. Hillary "what difference does it make" Clinton has more baggage than Newt Gingrich and Herman Cain combined. There isn't a single potential contender I would worry about.

So no, we don't need Crisco Christie.

And you suck at political analysis.
I don't suck at it, I love political analysis and I'm good at it. Have you seen the exploratory polling? Nobody can touch Hillary except maybe, Chris Christie. Republicans have nobody. Your candidates are all idiots or they bore everyone to tears.

You'll see Big Bill in the White House again, mark my words...
No, he's right. Your political analysis seems to consist of "everyone else thinks just like I do."

And your political analysis? Look,I know you're Romney's blow toy so your picking him in 2012 was no surprise. But you can't even keep your stories straight Shirley:

November 2009:
Palin is doing her best work right now going around making speeches and pontificating on this and that. I think she will make an excellent replacement for Ann Coulter.
As a politician she is finished. I have been a Reagan Republican since 1980 and there is no effing way I would vote for her. I like her ideas and ideals but she has proven herself incapable of holding office.

Okay she's finished...right?
Not so fast:

April 2010 (5 months later):
I am not sure he can wait until 2012 when President Palin takes office.

Palin has continued to be an embarrassment to any and all who once supported her....You finally tried to bury her (again) here:

August 2014
The truth is the GOP in general does not want to pursue impeachment, which will be a dead end at this point. Sarah Palin is not the GOP. She's not even an important part in it.

I imagine you'll jump back on the bandwagon of Palin for President in 2016 sometime. Meanwhile, you shouldn't worry about winning a debate with anyone--you can't. First try winning a debate with yourself.
Wow, I yanked your chain real good.
The real question is why you hate Palin so much, especially since she obviously has a better grasp on foreign affairs than Obama. Is it because she takes dick and you're jealous?
She lets her kid stand on their dog, for one.

Whut?

Is Palin an elected representative? Is she running for something right now?
Face it, Joe. Palin was right about Russia and other areas of foreign policy and Obama was wrong. Is that so hard to admit?

She was dead wrong in every possible way concering Putin and Russia. She has no idea what makes Russians tick, but being part of a fascist movement herself, she has some insight into fascism...

I need to get gas in my car this morning. Thanks for reminding me.

Thank Obama for the low price.

The GOP led congress will pass bills, if obama vetoes then the failure is on him and the dems.
False. The failure will be on whomever writes a bill that won't be signed by Obama.

Republicans know what is acceptable. If they disregard that in order to make the crazies happy, like slipping tougher abortion legislation into a Defense Bill, Obama is not going to sign it and it will be Boehner/McConnell's fault.

So why do we have a congress at all if their job is only to give the President what he wants? You may want to read the Constitution at some point.
I didn't say "what he wants" I said what is acceptable.

Again with your lack of reading comprehension.

Forum List

Back