25% of Mexico's population has relocated to the USA

"America needs diversity!" Ramos cried. She [Ann Coulter] cried back, "One quarter of the population of Mexico has emptied into America already. Thirty percent of legals are Mexicans; sixty percent of illegals are Mexicans. That's not diversity!”

I couldn't grasp what she'd just said: That 25% of Mexico's people had relocated to the U.S.? Do people know this?

Link?
I think I will have a look myself, and see whether it is true or not.
Select Diaspora Populations in the United States
Mexico: Approximately 23.2 million Mexican immigrants and their children live in the United States, making Mexico by far the largest source of immigration to the United States.
Link: Select Diaspora Populations in the United States migrationpolicy.org
Population of Mexico: 122.3 million (2013)
Link (World Bank): Population total Data Table

Now for some math, to determine whether the 25% claim is true:

122.3 million Mexicans in Mexico + 23.2 million Mexicans in the US = 145.5 million

145.5 million / 100 = 1.455 million is 1% of Mexicans within Mexico and the US

1.455*25 = 36.375 million would be 25% of the Mexican population (excluding non-US diaspora)

23.2 million / 1.455 million = 15.94% of the Mexican population (excluding non-US diaspora)

So, Ann Coulter's claim is incorrect, as approximately 15.94% of the Mexican population (excluding non-US diaspora) are currently living in the US (as of 2013).

Well thank God they quit pouring across our border, as of 2013.........
As of 2015, there are approximately 23.2 million Mexicans in America, but the World Bank statistics place Mexico's population as of 2013 as 122.3 million, and UN projections* put the current Mexican population at 125.23 million.

*Link (UN population projections): World Population Prospects the 2012 Revision

according to Pew Research Center there were 33.7 million mexicans in America in 2012....

33/122 = 27%

A Demographic Portrait of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the United States Pew Research Center

You do understand the difference between "Mexican-origin" and "Mexican-born", do you not?
When you say a population of a country has "relocated", which one do you think you're talking about?

Fun fact: Did you know that 729% of Ireland's population has relocated to the United States?
True story. 33.5 million Irish here; 4.595 in Ireland.

I could write a book! :eusa_dance:

Link?
Mexico: Approximately 23.2 million Mexican immigrants and their children live in the United States, making Mexico by far the largest source of immigration to the United States.

122.3 million Mexicans in Mexico + 23.2 million Mexicans in the US = 145.5 million

1.455*25 = 36.375 million would be 25% of the Mexican population (excluding non-US diaspora)

23.2 million / 1.455 million = 15.94% of the Mexican population (excluding non-US diaspora)

So, Ann Coulter's claim is incorrect, as approximately 15.94% of the Mexican population (excluding non-US diaspora) are currently living in the US (as of 2013).

As of 2015, there are approximately 23.2 million Mexicans in America, but the World Bank statistics place Mexico's population as of 2013 as 122.3 million, and UN projections* put the current Mexican population at 125.23 million.

according to Pew Research Center there were 33.7 million mexicans in America in 2012....

33/122 = 27%

A Demographic Portrait of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the United States Pew Research Center

You do understand the difference between "Mexican-origin" and "Mexican-born", do you not?
When you say a population of a country has "relocated", which one do you think you're talking about?

Fun fact: Did you know that 729% of Ireland's population has relocated to the United States? True story.
33.5 million Irish here; 4.595 in Ireland.

I could write a book! :eusa_dance:

if they had stayed in mexico they plus all their kids would still be there....

"America needs diversity!" Ramos cried. She [Ann Coulter] cried back, "One quarter of the population of Mexico has emptied into America already. Thirty percent of legals are Mexicans; sixty percent of illegals are Mexicans. That's not diversity!”

I couldn't grasp what she'd just said: That 25% of Mexico's people had relocated to the U.S.? Do people know this?

Link?

According to that*, only 11.4 million immigrants were estimated to have been born in Mexico in 2010:
This estimate includes 11.4 million immigrants born in Mexico and 22.3 million born in the U.S. who self-identified as Hispanics of Mexican origin.
As for immigration status:
Immigration status. Almost two-thirds of Mexicans in the U.S. are native born (65%). About two-thirds of immigrants from Mexico (65%) arrived in the U.S. in 1990 or later.
Of the 33.7 million, 2.05 million are illegal immigrants.

* A Demographic Portrait of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the United States Pew Research Center

How about we invade Mexico and annex it? Much easier to secure the small Guatemalian border.
I've been saying the same thing for years. Hell I'd like to be able to buy a nice retirement home on the beach in Mexico and kick back eating tacos and drinking Corona.
It would definitely be more productive and beneficial than our adventures in the middle east.
For both us and them.

Why haven't we ever heard a Washington talking head mention this?

Link?

According to that*, only 11.4 million immigrants were estimated to have been born in Mexico in 2010:
This estimate includes 11.4 million immigrants born in Mexico and 22.3 million born in the U.S. who self-identified as Hispanics of Mexican origin.
Immigration status. Almost two-thirds of Mexicans in the U.S. are native born (65%). About two-thirds of immigrants from Mexico (65%) arrived in the U.S. in 1990 or later.

* A Demographic Portrait of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the United States Pew Research Center

Link?

are you really saying there are only 2 million illegals here....? lol

Link?

33/122 = 27%......34/125 = 27%

Holy cow, you are innumerate! Your math totally sucks.

And you ignored the fact that two-thirds of Mexicans in America are native born.

Here is how you calculate whether or not Coulter is full of shit.

Current population of Mexico: 122.3 million. This figure would have to be 75% of the total figure X if Coulter's claim is true.

X - 25% = 122.3 million.

Put another way X * .75 = 122.3 million.

So X = 122.3/.75 = 163 million.

25 percent of 163 million is 41 million. I rounded up.

163 million - the 41 million who allegedly relocated to the US leaves you with the current population of 122.3 million.

Therefore, 41 million Mexicans would have to have relocated here for Coulter not to be a stark raving idiot.

Sadly for Ann, 42 million Mexicans have not relocated to the US. Not even close.

Which makes her a bigoted moron.

I know, I know. "Bigoted moron" is redundant.

Link?

And you ignored the fact that two-thirds of Mexicans in America are native born.

what's wrong with my math..?

what's wrong with my math..?
See post 50. You divided by the current population of Mexico, which is not the total if 25 percent relocated here.

In order for Ann Coulter's claim to be true, 41 million legal and illegal Mexicans would have to have left Mexico and come to the US.

In short, Coulter is so full of shit her eyes should be brown.

Most of the Mexican-Americans in the US were BORN here. They did not emigrate here. The number of native born outnumbers the immigrants by almost 2 to 1, and together they do not add up to 41 million.

Then that steady stream of Mexicans pouring over our border daily is just an illusion.
And Obama really didn't give tax breaks to American businesses to "sponsor" them by firing Americans to hire illegals, and 250 Disney workers weren't told to train illegals for the jobs they used to have or forget about their severance pay.
No Muslims are being flown in, and our borders aren't really open.

Stupid Americans. If we can only afford 10 illegals, and 130 show up, it isn't ok because it wasn't 180 of them.
The trick is to get enough of them here so you can't tell the difference between America and Mexico. It is the Brussels eraser plan. No border.

Last edited:

are you really saying there are only 2 million illegals here....? lol
No, that link estimates as of 2010 that there were 2.05 million illegal immigrants in the US.

Current population of Mexico: 122.3 million. This figure would have to be 75% of the total figure X if Coulter's claim is true.

X - 25% = 122.3 million.

163 million - the 41 million who allegedly relocated to the US leaves you with the current population of 122.3 million.

Therefore, 41 million Mexicans would have to have relocated here for Coulter not to be a stark raving idiot.

Sadly for Ann, 42 million Mexicans have not relocated to the US. Not even close.

i guess we will just have to wait until someone here reads her book to get to the truth of the matter....

X - 25% = 122.3 million.

i guess we will just have to wait until someone here reads her book to get to the truth of the matter....
If the book has a bibliography.

X - 25% = 122.3 million.

BWA-HA-HA-HA!

Her claim has been soundly disproven. Thanks for demonstrating that you will still go for a refill of your piss cup from her, though, even though her claim has been trounced! Awesome.

RUBE: Ann says 2 + 2 = Eleventy.

SKEPTIC: Here's some proof that 2 + 2 = 4

RUBE: Well, I guess I will have to wait for somebody around here to read her book before we can get to the truth.

In order for Ann Coulter's claim to be true, 41 million legal and illegal Mexicans would have to have left Mexico and come to the US.

In short, Coulter is so full of shit her eyes should be brown.

Most of the Mexican-Americans in the US were BORN here. They did not emigrate here. The number of native born outnumbers the immigrants by almost 2 to 1, and together they do not add up to 41 million.

Then that steady stream of Mexicans pouring over our border daily is just an illusion.

Wow, Sassy, you sure like to make massive illogical leaps, eh?

Coulter's claim is trounced, and so you think that means we believe there are no illegals coming here? Please tell us how many times you had to hit your head with a ballpeen hammer to make that insane statement.

Let me explain in simple words for you and your closet full of socks: There are brown folks sneaking into Merka every day. But not 25 percent of Mexico. Ann Coulter is pouring you a cup of piss. Don't guzzle it.

Forum List

Back