250 Years of Tradition Sacrificed on Altar of Political Correctness

Spare_change

Gold Member
Jun 27, 2011
The Treasury Department plans to announce Wednesday that the new $20 bill will feature abolitionist Harriet Tubman, replacing former President Andrew Jackson.

A Treasury official confirmed the planned announcement to Fox Business Network. It would make Tubman the first woman on U.S. paper currency in 100 years.

Politico also reported that Alexander Hamilton will remain on the front of the $10 bill, and other design changes are also being rolled out.

The expected announcement from Treasury Secretary Jack Lew follows a heated debate ever since he said last summer the government planned to incorporate a woman on the $10 bill.

Lew's initial announcement set off a firestorm of protests from supporters of Hamilton, the first Treasury secretary. They argued that the founding father had molded the nation's financial architecture and should not be removed from his rightful place on the currency.

The Treasury Department plans to announce Wednesday that the new $20 bill will feature abolitionist Harriet Tubman, replacing former President Andrew Jackson.

A Treasury official confirmed the planned announcement to Fox Business Network. It would make Tubman the first woman on U.S. paper currency in 100 years.

Politico also reported that Alexander Hamilton will remain on the front of the $10 bill, and other design changes are also being rolled out.

The expected announcement from Treasury Secretary Jack Lew follows a heated debate ever since he said last summer the government planned to incorporate a woman on the $10 bill.

Lew's initial announcement set off a firestorm of protests from supporters of Hamilton, the first Treasury secretary. They argued that the founding father had molded the nation's financial architecture and should not be removed from his rightful place on the currency.

88 years.

Jackson has only been on the $20 since 1928

We put a female injun (and her baby) on our money some time ago. I guess the "tradition" being violated is that of putting a nappy head on our currency, eh?

Jackson has only been featured on the 20 since 1928. So you may be overreacting a little.

Or they could have just created a new bill, like $25 or $30 or $75, kept what's-his-name where he is, start something new, and it's all good.

I do realize how important it is that we remove white people from things nowadays because payback 'n stuff, so whatever.

Meh.
They're adding a bunch of white women to the back of the $10 bill. I hope that helps your delicate sensitivities.

Or they could have just created a new bill, like $25 or $30 or $75, kept what's-his-name where he is, start something new, and it's all good.

I do realize how important it is that we remove white people from things nowadays because payback 'n stuff, so whatever.

Meh.
They're adding a bunch of white women to the back of the $10 bill. I hope that helps your delicate sensitivities.
I think you meant "sensibilities", but nice try on the catty comment.

As I said, meh. You'll have to try this on someone else.

Forum List

Back