🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

2nd reddest state in US (OK) puts child murderer to death despite "mental illness" claim

We execute babies in the hundreds of thousands a year, yet when you have a murderer who is quite insane, we cant seem to pull the lever for death. If he isnt of sound mind, then remove him permanently from society, but then that would be one less Democrat voter.
No, they want incarcerated felons to be able to vote. Twenty yeasr of proven crazy on top of a dead child + fry the bastard.

Although I can empathize with notmyfault2020 in their desire to keep executions confined to cop killers, serial killers and traitors.

But not much.

this brings up the issue of "heat of the moment" crimes..

again, we should only execute serial murderers, cop killers and those who sell out our country in time of actual (not cold) war.

I doubt anyone can convince me to change my mind. In fact, I know no one ever will. I stand by what I said, t hat it is a very serious thing to send someone to his or her Judgment when the person may not be ready.

Jesus said Few find the Narrow way and St Paul confirmed, saying that we must undergo many hardships to enter Heaven

But who listesn to the Original Church on such matters?

yes, i know... hard to find the Original Church but some of us have

What's the difference between killing a cop vs killing anyone else?

Justice was served.

That doesn't happen enough.
I cannot get too worked up for "the cause", more disturbed by the effects of anybody that would do that to a baby. He was a waste of space, and food. He will not be missed by me or really anybody else.

IMO no one has the right to take the life of another outside of direct self defense. But in the small picture argument, yes it is sad that a country would support putting the mentally ill to death.
Please.. mentally ill or not: you do the crime, you do the time (or worse)

That is the only thing that seems logical to me, since, for one thing: all criminals can be said to be mentally ill. For another: the crime has been committed and assuming its a just judgment, the punishment should be the same as for someone who does not have the mental illness defense.. This MI Defense is playing favorites (inequality in the justice system).

AND there is this:

Most mentally ill people do not murder others

This "free thecriminals bc they are mentally ill" BS is giving the mentally ill a bad name.. Most of the mentally ill are merely disturbed or there is a chemical imbalance in the brain.. they are NOT criminally inclined.

well, I am not sure it took very long and it is a very serious thing to send a soul to its Judgment when maybe he is not ready. Therefore, I am NOT in favor of OK's death penalty views.

Again, I say the death penalty should only be for cop killers and serial killers and those who commit treason, as strictly defined.. Some people in govt seem to be betraying their country, putting other countries first.. but the definition of treason I am going by is.. where one basically colludes with an enemy our country is at war with (not a cold war, an actual war).

Currently Trump is suing the government again. He claims that the letters requesting clemency for crimes against the US belong to him.

well, I am not sure it took very long and it is a very serious thing to send a soul to its Judgment when maybe he is not ready. Therefore, I am NOT in favor of OK's death penalty views.

Again, I say the death penalty should only be for cop killers and serial killers and those who commit treason, as strictly defined.. Some people in govt seem to be betraying their country, putting other countries first.. but the definition of treason I am going by is.. where one basically colludes with an enemy our country is at war with (not a cold war, an actual war).
This is just another example of a left-wing weakling looking for excuses. I believe in an eye for an eye. Why in the hell should a killer be allowed to exist when the victim is forever DEAD?

I cannot get too worked up for "the cause", more disturbed by the effects of anybody that would do that to a baby. He was a waste of space, and food. He will not be missed by me or really anybody else.
Hey, something we can agree on.

If it makes you happy, sure.

The point is you can validate almost any position with the Bible. Saying the Bible forbids something, great. Keep reading and you'll find support also
This is one reason Christ established a CHURCH. He knew better than anyone how human we all are.. aka how sinful and fallen, etc... we are

Please.. mentally ill or not: you do the crime, you do the time (or worse)

That is the only thing that seems logical to me, since, for one thing: all criminals can be said to be mentally ill. For another: the crime has been committed and assuming its a just judgment, the punishment should be the same as for someone who does not have the mental illness defense.. This MI Defense is playing favorites (inequality in the justice system).

AND there is this:

Most mentally ill people do not murder others

This "free thecriminals bc they are mentally ill" BS is giving the mentally ill a bad name.. Most of the mentally ill are merely disturbed or there is a chemical imbalance in the brain.. they are NOT criminally inclined.

Do we then get to kill the one who killed him?

I never once argued to free him. He may have to be kept locked up forever. But don't let that stop you.

executingsomeone obviously does not bring that victim back to life
But it can be a deterrent to those who kill their helpless children. We have far too many of these stories where subhuman animals kill or mail their defenseless babies.

Did you read the one from yesterday where a subhuman poured boiling hot water down his toddler’s throat?

This is one reason Christ established a CHURCH. He knew better than anyone how human we all are.. aka how sinful and fallen, etc... we are
Oooo. All caps.

Doesn't really address what I said.

If he knew we can and would fail, then he also gave us the means to protect and govern ourselves. In the strictest of sense, he created the mental illness, but also gave us power of reason in what yo do about it.

There's a line drawn for when things go too far and drastic counter measures must be taken. That line however is different for us all. This is why we agree to have rules in our society.

And in this case, the man went over the line and there was no turning back. Society judges and doled out punishment.

While I don't think the death penalty should be quick to be used, it does have its place. Anyone who would do this to a child, well I see no gain in allowing this to be done again.

Last edited:
Oooo. All caps.

Doesn't really address what I said.

If he knew we can and would fail, then he also gave us the means to protect and govern ourselves. In the strictest of sense, he created the mental illness, but also gave us power of reason in what yo do about it.

There's a kibe drawn for when things go too far and drastic counter measures must be taken. That line however is different for us all. This is why we agree to have rules in our society.

And in this case, the man went over the line and there was no turning back. Society judges and doled out punishment.

While I don't think the death penalty should be quick to be used, it does have its place. Anyone who would do this to a child, well I see no gain in allowing this to be done again.

If he spends the rest of his life confined, how would it be done again?

this brings up the issue of "heat of the moment" crimes..

again, we should only execute serial murderers, cop killers and those who sell out our country in time of actual (not cold) war.

Death sentences should be limited to bad cops, corrupt politicians, and anyone engaging in any sort of vote ot election fraud.

If he spends the rest of his life confined, how would it be done again?
Why pay $30k a year for life and up to house someone who's never going to see freedom again? Texas had 2.1k murders in 2020. $30k a year for then IN THAT YEAR ALONE is how much? Now do that across country and then consider this roughly repeats every year.

Look, you wanna keep em alive, great. Find a remote island, drop them off and keep it guarded.

Let them fend for themselves and create their own justice.

Why pay $30k a year for life and up to house someone who's never going to see freedom again? Texas had 2.1k murders in 2020. $30k a year for then IN THAT YEAR ALONE is how much? Now do that across country and then consider this roughly repeats every year.

Look, you wanna keep em alive, great. Find a remote island, drop them off and keep it guarded.

Let them fend for themselves and create their own justice.

Kill because the alternative is more expensive.......and we wonder why we are such a violent nation.

Forum List

Back