3 teens arrested for assault after girl's suicide

High_Gravity

Belligerent Drunk
Nov 19, 2010
Richmond VA

2b0057f9500ec90c2e0f6a7067002ec4.jpg

SAN JOSE, Calif. (AP) — Eight days after allegedly being sexually battered while passed out at a party, and then humiliated by online photos of the assault, 15-year-old Audrie Pott posted on Facebook that her life was ruined, "worst day ever," and hanged herself.

For the next eight months, her family struggled to figure out what happened to their soccer loving, artistic, horse crazy daughter, whose gentle smile, long dark hair and shining eyes did not bely a struggling soul.

And then on Thursday, seven months after the tragedy, a Northern California sheriff's office arrested three 16-year-old boys on charges of sexual battery.

"The family has been trying to understand why their loving daughter would have taken her life at such a young age and to make sure that those responsible would be held accountable," said family attorney Robert Allard.

"After an extensive investigation that we have conducted on behalf of the family, there is no doubt in our minds that the victim, then only 15 years old, was savagely assaulted by her fellow high school students while she lay on a bed completely unconscious."

Allard said students used cell phones to share photos of the attack, and that the images went viral.

Santa Clara County Sheriff's Lt. Jose Cardoza said it arrested two of the teens at Saratoga High School and the third, a former Saratoga High student, at Christopher High School in Gilroy on Thursday. The names of the suspects were not released because they are minors.

F*** that shit,they were old enough to rape her, they are old enough for the whole world to know who they are. IMO the cops should release the names on national news.

F*** that shit,they were old enough to rape her, they are old enough for the whole world to know who they are. IMO the cops should release the names on national news.

I agree, however this worries me we are starting to see more of this, young teens taking advantage of drunk girls and taking pics.

I agree, however this worries me we are starting to see more of this, young teens taking advantage of drunk girls and taking pics.

I have three daughters,it worries me too. What the hell is happening to society?

"The family has been trying to understand why their loving daughter would have taken her life at such a young age and to make sure that those responsible would be held accountable," said family attorney Robert Allard.

Maybe the parents should be trying to understand why their 15 year old daughter was passed out drunk at a party, and hold themselves a little accountable.

Maybe the parents should be asking why she posted about the assault on Facebook instead of feeling she could talk to them about it, and hold themselves a little accountable.

Last edited:

Maybe the parents should be trying to understand why their 15 year old daughter was passed out drunk at a party, and hold themselves a little accountable.

Maybe they should be asking why she posted about the assault on Facebook instead of feeling she could talk to them about it, and hold themselves a little accountable.

Maybe the focus should be on those who violated her regardless of the situation..... unless you think it's okay to sexually assault women/girls who are passed out.

I think that's because now we have the technology. I wonder how many times things like this happened when I was growing up and nobody heard about it?

Maybe the parents should be asking why she posted about the assault on Facebook instead of feeling she could talk to them about it, and hold themselves a little accountable.

Really??you haven't raised teenagers have you??

Accountable for what

I think that's because now we have the technology. I wonder how many times things like this happened when I was growing up and nobody heard about it?

Back then it was considered the woman's fault for putting herself in that position. Some neanderthals still think that way.

Maybe they should be asking why she posted about the assault on Facebook instead of feeling she could talk to them about it, and hold themselves a little accountable.

Maybe the focus should be on those who violated her regardless of the situation..... unless you think it's okay to sexually assault women/girls who are passed out.

No...and no. The focus needs to be on ALL those who are responsible.

I do not think it is okay to let absentee parents off the hook. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

15 year old boys behaving like animals. The parents are at least partly to blame.

15 year old girls passing out at parties. The parents are at least partly to blame.

A 15 year old girl so disconnected from her parents she doesn't tell them she was sexually assaulted. The parents are 100 percent to blame.

Last edited:
I hope they get the maximum possible sentence.

The charges should be for murder.

I do not think it is okay to let absentee parents off the hook. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

15 year old boys behaving like animals. The parents are at least partly to blame.

15 year old girls passing out at parties. The parents are at least partly to blame.

A 15 year old girl so disconnected from her parents she doesn't tell them she was sexually assaulted. The parents are 100 percent to blame.

This is hateful. Using your logic, it's perfectly fine for an orderly to rape a comatose woman as she is "disconnected".

your assuming a whole lot,and know little how a teenage mind works at times.

I hope they get the maximum possible sentence.

The charges should be for murder.

No. The charges should be for sexual assault. The parents are to blame for her suicide as much as the boys are.

Back then it was considered the woman's fault for putting herself in that position. Some neanderthals still think that way.

Also, when things like this happened, women tended not to report it. They kept it quiet in shame. The boys took that option away from her with those pictures they posted on the net.

Also, when things like this happened, women tended not to report it. They kept it quiet in shame. The boys took that option away from her with those pictures they posted on the net.

Well, considering g5000's "blame the victim" attitude, not reporting rape is/was a sadly understandable choice.

You think 15 year olds don't know the difference between right and wrong?

Those are acceptable questions however I am still concerned about our teen boys who see it as a green light to sexually assault a girl who is passed out, drunk or not.

Good point.

Well, considering g5000's "blame the victim" attitude, not reporting rape is/was a sadly understandable choice.

ZOOOOOOOMMMMM!

That's the point sailing a mile over your head.

I am not blaming the victim, dickweed.

Do you need a definition for "parents"?

Forum List

Back