when did anyone celebrate them??
You don't think anything should change--as you said, constitutional carry allows the "right to own and carry arms of any type,,"

And this is what leads to the mayhem we see in the school shootings, the shootings in the inner cities you guys gleefully report whenever there is a bloodbath in the suburbs as if one makes the other somehow more appetizing...

Hence the weekly bloodbaths that you celebrate as the "costs of freedom" as I recall.

Constitutional carry only applies to people legally allowed to posses or use a firearm. Felons are still prohibited. The bloodbaths you speak of are seldom carried out by model citizens, they are carried out by people not allowed to own or carry a gun.

You don't think anything should change--as you said, constitutional carry allows the "right to own and carry arms of any type,,"

And this is what leads to the mayhem we see in the school shootings, the shootings in the inner cities you guys gleefully report whenever there is a bloodbath in the suburbs as if one makes the other somehow more appetizing...
when id I say or imply nothing should change??? I would love it if everyone is armed and everytime someone tries to kill or rape someone they are shot by every person around them,,

Access to firearms has changed. Credit has rapidly expanded thus making acquiring weapons more affordable. Gun laws have been relaxed allowing permit-less carry. Additionally Americans have much more disposable income . Furthermore the secondary purchase market (gun shows and pawn shops) now feature weapons outside of the normal distribution channels.

So your premise is, simply put, wrong.

Most gun show sellers are licensed vendors of firearms meaning they still have to run a background check at gun shows, same with pawn shops. However you'll be hell pressed to find many crimes committed by people who purchased their firearms at a gun show.

According to FBI statistics, most guns used in crimes were stolen or bought by a straw purchaser. Therefore going after gun shows, pawn shops and private sellers would not solve anything.

Access to firearms has changed. Credit has rapidly expanded thus making acquiring weapons more affordable. Gun laws have been relaxed allowing permit-less carry. Additionally Americans have much more disposable income . Furthermore the secondary purchase market (gun shows and pawn shops) now feature weapons outside of the normal distribution channels.
You must be right. I'm sure most criminals today are using the MasterCard or Discover card to buy their stolen guns.

Please show us where states that have open carry laws have suffered a drastic increase in gun violence.

As you know too, Americans have far LESS disposable income today due to continued, rampant inflation compliments of President Biden.

Dealers at gun shows and pawn shops are required to do background checks just as any gun shop. Did someone tell you it's different or is that just what you want to believe?

Specifically, what weapons are offered "outside of the normal distribution channels"?

Why was Anthony Dwayne McRae able to legally buy a weapon?

Last edited:
Of course, things should change!

Every George Soros backed district attorney in the country should be fired and replaced with DAs working for the public and not the criminal.

Each state should enact a 10, 20, or life minimum sentence for the use of a gun in a felony. Any gun or gun replica used in a felony has a minimum sentence of ten years before being eligible for parole. If you fire that gun, no one is injured, 20 years. Kill someone with a gun, minimum life sentence with a 25-year minimum before being eligible for parole.

Total elimination of no cash bail.

That's a start. Agreed?

when id I say or imply nothing should change??? I would love it if everyone is armed and everytime someone tries to kill or rape someone they are shot by every person around them,,
We have more guns in private hands than any other nation in the history of the world.

Has that stopped crime? Nope.

So your answer is more guns?

You must be right. I'm sure most criminals today are using the MasterCard or Discover card to buy their stolen guns.

Please show us where states that have open carry laws have suffered a drastic increase in gun violence.
Of course I'm right.

"He legally purchased two AR platform rifles from a federally licensed gun store on two days: May 17 — just a day after his birthday — and May 20, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said, according to a briefing that state Sen. John Whitmire, chair of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee, received from state authorities late Tuesday. The gunman bought 375 rounds of 5.56-caliber ammunition on May 18.

In Texas, you must be at least 18 years old to buy a rifle, and the state does not require a license to openly carry one in public."

As you know too, Americans have far LESS disposable income today due to continued, rampant inflation compliments of President Biden.
Laughably false.
Dealers at gun shows and pawn shops are required to do background checks just as any gun shop. Did someone tell you it's different or is that just what you want to believe?
Watch for yourself.

We have more guns in private hands than any other nation in the history of the world.

more guns in peoples hands,, problem is to many people leave them at home when they should carry them,,

just look at where most mass shootings are happening,, in gun free zones,,

even an idiot wouldnt try if he knew everyone was armed,,

more guns in peoples hands,, problem is to many people leave them at home when they should carry them,,

just look at where most mass shootings are happening,, in gun free zones,,

even an idiot wouldnt try if he knew everyone was armed,,
Meanwhile back in reality; one of the states with the most gun ownership--Texas--has quite a few mass shootings.

Just in the last five years...

White Settlement
Uvalde
Midland-Odessa
El Paso
Santa Fe
Sutherland Springs
Plano

More guns doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent. But then again, it's not about stopping gun violence...it's about some bizarre and warped sense of satisfying some primal instinct to maim and hurt you seem to have.

You'll never stop all crime but you can reduce it. As I pointed out already (that you ignored) is the US has had a decline in violence and gun violence since the mid 90s. It's estimated that citizens use their legal firearms to stop crime or for self-defense over a million times a year. Without our guns, those million plus crimes would be committed.

Meanwhile back in reality; one of the states with the most gun ownership--Texas--has quite a few mass shootings.

White Settlement
Uvalde
Midland-Odessa
El Paso
Santa Fe
Sutherland Springs
Plano

More guns doesn't seem to be much of a deterrent. But then again, it's not about stopping gun violence...it's about some bizarre and warped sense of satisfying some primal instinct to maim and hurt you seem to have.
more guns at home dont,, they need to carry and also end the gun free zones,,

White Settlement
Uvalde
Midland-Odessa
El Paso
Santa Fe
Sutherland Springs
Plano

More gun restrictions isn't a deterrent either apparently. Just look at CA:

And what about gun restricted Chicago?

Access to firearms has changed. Credit has rapidly expanded thus making acquiring weapons more affordable.

This has the hallmarks of made-up crap.
Gun laws have been relaxed allowing permit-less carry. Additionally Americans have much more disposable income . Furthermore the secondary purchase market (gun shows and pawn shops) now feature weapons outside of the normal distribution channels.

So your premise is, simply put, wrong.

I think not. The problem with your premise is that, even if everything you say is true,

1.) Background checks are still required so criminals cannot buy firearms even at gun shows and pawn shops.

2.) The majority of mass shootings and gun crimes are committed by those who legally can’t purchase or own a firearm. In other words, lawful gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters are not the ones committing these crimes.
Again...your premise is wrong if you think nothing has changed. It has changed legislatively, financially, and culturally.

Not enough to account for a 10 to 30 percent increase in murder and violent crime (depending on the state and city) in just two years.
Chicago’s murder rate jumped a full fifty percent fom 2019 to 2020 (506 in 2019, 774 in 2020).

None of the things you cite can account for an additional 268 murders in one city in one year.

This has the hallmarks of made-up crap.
Nope:

Picture1.png

I think not. The problem with your premise is that, even if everything you say is true,

1.) Background checks are still required so criminals cannot buy firearms even at gun shows and pawn shops.
Nonsense. Videos posted on this thread shows people buying guns no questions asked.
2.) The majority of mass shootings and gun crimes are committed by those who legally can’t purchase or own a firearm. In other words, lawful gun owners and 2nd Amendment supporters are not the ones committing these crimes.
Right...that is what makes them "lawful".
Not enough to account for a 10 to 30 percent increase in murder and violent crime (depending on the state and city) in just two years.
Chicago’s murder rate jumped a full fifty percent fom 2019 to 2020 (506 in 2019, 774 in 2020).

None of the things you cite can account for an additional 268 murders in one city in one year.
Again...my question was (and remains) why don't other nations with large cities that have minorities, poor, gangs, etc... have this problem of 268 murders in a year? Are Americans just more homicidal?

I’m still not seeing anything to explain the crime spike.

Nonsense. Videos posted on this thread shows people buying guns no questions asked.

Where, at gun shows? If so then they’re doing so illegally.
Right...that is what makes them "lawful".

Again...my question was (and remains) why don't other nations with large cities that have minorities, poor, gangs, etc... have this problem of 268 murders in a year?
Wrong. Pay attention, will ya? The 268 figure was the increase in murders from the previous year. The total number of murders in Chicago jumped from 506 in 2019 to 774 in 2020.
Are Americans just more homicidal?

Apparently.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back