3yo fatally shoots self

I will buy my first gun tomorrow so I can protect my self from the pelicans that make nasty droppings in my back yard. LOL.

Pelicans WERE protected. I'd be careful. Maybe they're not anymore.
There's huge diff between a coyote constantly scoping out your pets and children and pelican droppings.

I'll just put you in the same boat as the sickos that take shots at the seals.

Like ALL but two species, pelicans ARE protected. Read the Migratory Bird Treaty Act.

It is not for fun, ever. Nor are they toys, nor are they used as toys.

So when you go out and use guns to kill stuff -- why do you do that?
Because it is suffering or dying, usually. Or because it is killing, rarely.

OK.. What ever paints your house... So what does this child abuse have to do with gun laws?

The kid is just as dead if the mom leaves the door to basement stairs open..

A door is the same as a gun?

Surely, that's NOT what you mean to say.

How about a hot locked car? The door to basement might just leave the child paraplegic.
Is that better Luddly?

No.

Where are all your posts about kids who drown, die in accidental falls, or ingest poison?

FYI singularly all of those accidents kill more kids than accidental gun discharges

AT least put your "concern" over the welfare of children in the order of the danger rather than political ideology

Again with the " You can't prevent all deaths, so why do anything that we know will prevent some" What an idiot.

Not really

I'm saying to concentrate on the dangers that kill more kids than guns first

You morons are so fixated on guns that you don't give a shit about the rest of the preventable accidents that kill far more kids than guns ever did or ever will

Which of those things has not been the subject of other potential causes of death?

Its stupid to say we should not take any action to mitigate harm to kids BECAUSE other things also harm kids.

Its also a really lame excuse.

South Carolina Boy, 3, Fatally Shoots Himself in Mother's Bedroom

...when he fired the semi-automatic handgun at himself...
Barrow's mother, who was not identified, told police that she was in the bedroom watching television when she heard the gunshot.
"She turned around, and there he was on the bed with the gun," Bollinger said.

I own guns. I have always owned guns and will always own guns but -

There is nothing on this planet that is more valuable to me than my children and grand children.

We have read here - nutters who actually brag about have loaded guns where small children can get them.

People who do that are guilty of killing their child.

the three year old did not shoot himself.....they need to investigate further...
The inside story of how an Idaho toddler shot his mom at Wal-Mart

Notice the difference...the kid at Walmart shot someone else.......they need to investigate this..odds are it was a negligent discharge by someone in the house....and they are trying to protect them.

Glad to see that you didn't recommend 3yo's be armed with semi-autos in their little pre-school back packs.

For you, that's quite a step forward.

I will buy my first gun tomorrow so I can protect my self from the pelicans that make nasty droppings in my back yard. LOL.

Pelicans WERE protected. I'd be careful. Maybe they're not anymore.
There's huge diff between a coyote constantly scoping out your pets and children and pelican droppings.

I'll just put you in the same boat as the sickos that take shots at the seals.

I will never shoot a pelicans or a coyote. Didn't you see LOL?

Where are all your posts about kids who drown, die in accidental falls, or ingest poison?

FYI singularly all of those accidents kill more kids than accidental gun discharges

AT least put your "concern" over the welfare of children in the order of the danger rather than political ideology

Again with the " You can't prevent all deaths, so why do anything that we know will prevent some" What an idiot.

Not really

You morons are so fixated on guns that you don't give a shit about the rest of the preventable accidents that kill far more kids than guns ever did or ever will

Really? Exactly which preventable children's accidents aren't being studied and constantly evaluated for improvement? Which hazards need to be completely eliminated before you even consider looking at the danger of guns to children?

Tools for hunting food.

kili-african-hunter-416.jpg

e067439d1b9a2d27bc95f91cf8089012.jpg

upload_2015-11-18_10-45-19.jpeg

Tools for hunting people.

upload_2015-11-18_11-17-47.jpeg

image002.jpg

Not with deadly toys...

But you just admitted that you own guns to kill stuff. Is that not "for fun"?

OK.. What ever paints your house... So what does this child abuse have to do with gun laws?

Shouldn't there be a law holding the gun owner responsible for it's safety, security and use? Isn't this negligent gun ownership as well as parenting?

But you just admitted that you own guns to kill stuff. Is that not "for fun"?

Shouldn't there be a law holding the gun owner responsible for it's safety, security and use? Isn't this negligent gun ownership as well as parenting?

Hard to apply that law.. If the gun is stolen by a stranger or misused by a family member that breaks the "security" rules for that family. It is NOT acceptable for the Govt to DEFINE the security rules for the availability of that weapon. That leads eventually to laws like Britain had where YOUR gun could only reside at a "gun club".

I am however fine with charging criminal negligience of some sort RIGHT NOW -- for cases like this. Like I said -- clearly child endangerment or worse. Or as someone pointed out -- it's possible that the child didn't shoot itself. And that investigation might uncover a different story..

Not really

Really? Exactly which preventable children's accidents aren't being studied and constantly evaluated for improvement? Which hazards need to be completely eliminated before you even consider looking at the danger of guns to children?
Oh I'm sure someone somewhere is looking at the stats but you idiots here only seem to get your panties in a twist when a kid dies of an accidental gunshot

South Carolina Boy, 3, Fatally Shoots Himself in Mother's Bedroom

...when he fired the semi-automatic handgun at himself...
Barrow's mother, who was not identified, told police that she was in the bedroom watching television when she heard the gunshot.
"She turned around, and there he was on the bed with the gun," Bollinger said.

I own guns. I have always owned guns and will always own guns but -

There is nothing on this planet that is more valuable to me than my children and grand children.

We have read here - nutters who actually brag about have loaded guns where small children can get them.

People who do that are guilty of killing their child.

A 3yo had the physical coordination to hold a weapon at themself and squeeze the trigger? Start an investigation into possible homocide. Wouldn't be the first parent to murder their kid and blame it on their getting a hold of their weapon.

Not really

Which of those things has not been the subject of other potential causes of death?

Its stupid to say we should not take any action to mitigate harm to kids BECAUSE other things also harm kids.

Then why are kids killed by accidental gunshots the only thing posted here concerning accidental deaths of children?

Be honest you people don't give a shit if a kid drowns or dies in a fall because there is no political agenda for you to push

Not really

Then why are kids killed by accidental gunshots the only thing posted here concerning accidental deaths of children?

Be honest you people don't give a shit if a kid drowns or dies in a fall because there is no political agenda for you to push

Because the thread is about a 3 year old shooting himself idiot

How about peace of mind for one's own personal safety. How about if you're life is threatened, you can wound the perp, not shooting to kill but giving yourself a way out. The perp doesn't know you plan not to kill, only you do.
How about dealing with the fact that a gun is a weapon of war? If they were for protection when men went to war they would have left them at home, to "protect" their families but instead they took them with them to,........................................................ wait for it......................................................where a gun is used, in war.

It's always your way or no way, shithead. Open your mind a tiny bit, so you can see something else once in awhile that might actually enlighten you. I doubt it, but there's a slim possibility.

How about peace of mind for one's own personal safety. How about if you're life is threatened, you can wound the perp, not shooting to kill but giving yourself a way out. The perp doesn't know you plan not to kill, only you do.
How about dealing with the fact that a gun is a weapon of war? If they were for protection when men went to war they would have left them at home, to "protect" their families but instead they took them with them to,........................................................ wait for it......................................................where a gun is used, in war.

It's always your way or no way, shithead. Open your mind a tiny bit, so you can see something else once in awhile that might actually enlighten you. I doubt it, but there's a slim possibility.
My way is reality, deal with it.

Forum List

Back