4 Signs that DOMA is doomed

The nation is becoming a nation of the depraved and degenerate so absolutely DOMA is doomed. The public has already moved on to acceptance of beastiality and incest. DOMA is a non-issue.

So it will be until this abhorrent culture is put out of its misery.

Marriage equality and equal protection doctrine have nothing to do with “beastiality and incest.”

Conservatives of principle want the end of DOMA and return of this issue to the states.

Contradiction in terms

Hatred outweighs constitutional values

Liberal hatred certainly does not want this returned to the states. Liberals want a national solution.

Ultimately, gay marriage can't be decided on a state by state basis. You are either married or you are not. It has to be respected by all states

I was married in NJ and my marriage is accepted in all states. A gay person who is married in NJ does not have their marriage accepted. It is a violation of the 14th amendment

Last edited:
There are people in this world who still oppose court ordered integration?

You understand that court ordered integration failed don't you? You can support it but that cow has left the barn. Affirmative action failed. We are now into the third generation of affirmative action with no real improvement. In fact blacks are worse off with higher unemployment than if we never had affirmative action.

If you could rewind this movie you would clearly see that Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and other cities started disintegrating when they adopted plans for cout ordered integration.

Sorry to disabuse you of your fuzzy feel good but acceptance and normalization of homosexuality has happened before with always the same result of lots of dead gay people.

I don't know why but it would seem that along with acceptance of homosexuality comes acceptance of all other forms of depravity. What decent people remain just stop caring what happens to degenerates. When some group rises to oppose degeneracy there isn't enough people caring enough to defend them. That seems to be the case in London and Paris where the public is largely not moved to outrage when muslims attack gays.

In America it has been somewhat different. It's self induced disease that brings the big yawn. So far.

You have to prove homosexuality is depravity for any of your claims to have any credibility.
Shame as some do but the fact you claim that bull shit throws the rest out with the bull shit.
You can believe that homosexuality is moral corruption all you want, have at it.
But we will not allow you to push your bull shit on us. We believe that our family members, neighbors and friends that happen to be homosexual are not immoral citizens.
And are offended by your ruthless claims that they are. We just assume you keep your religious beliefs to yourself and if you do not have anything nice to say about folks you do not even know then just keep your pie hole shut.
One day you may come out of your angry, pompous, opinionated and self righteous self.
For the sake of your family I hope you do. Otherwise you are going to grow an old, bitter and angry grump.

Yoy can believe your family members are jelly doughnuts. That doesn't mean they get dusted with powdered sugar.

The facts are homosexuality has been accepted many times in history. Acceptance always ends the same way. A lot of dead gays and lesbians. As homosexuality has been part of humanity ever since there has been humanity it has nothing to do with their existence. There must be something more. And there is.

Well, I know that I am sitting on the edge of seat, waiting for DOMA to be declared unconstitutional.

The DOMA is certainly at the top of my list of "important things to worry about".

In this time of record debt, a failing and flailing economy, millions of men and women out of work, record home foreclosures, rising gas and food prices, etc., GAY RIGHTS should trump all of that "trivial" stuff.

Let the homos get married. I don't give a damn. Good luck to them.

It’s not surprising that you and other conservatives have so little regard for Americans’ civil liberties, and exhibit ignorance and hate toward those fellow Americans.

You understand that court ordered integration failed don't you? You can support it but that cow has left the barn. Affirmative action failed. We are now into the third generation of affirmative action with no real improvement. In fact blacks are worse off with higher unemployment than if we never had affirmative action.

If you could rewind this movie you would clearly see that Chicago, Detroit, Philadelphia and other cities started disintegrating when they adopted plans for cout ordered integration.

Sorry to disabuse you of your fuzzy feel good but acceptance and normalization of homosexuality has happened before with always the same result of lots of dead gay people.

I don't know why but it would seem that along with acceptance of homosexuality comes acceptance of all other forms of depravity. What decent people remain just stop caring what happens to degenerates. When some group rises to oppose degeneracy there isn't enough people caring enough to defend them. That seems to be the case in London and Paris where the public is largely not moved to outrage when muslims attack gays.

In America it has been somewhat different. It's self induced disease that brings the big yawn. So far.

You have to prove homosexuality is depravity for any of your claims to have any credibility.
Shame as some do but the fact you claim that bull shit throws the rest out with the bull shit.
You can believe that homosexuality is moral corruption all you want, have at it.
But we will not allow you to push your bull shit on us. We believe that our family members, neighbors and friends that happen to be homosexual are not immoral citizens.
And are offended by your ruthless claims that they are. We just assume you keep your religious beliefs to yourself and if you do not have anything nice to say about folks you do not even know then just keep your pie hole shut.
One day you may come out of your angry, pompous, opinionated and self righteous self.
For the sake of your family I hope you do. Otherwise you are going to grow an old, bitter and angry grump.

Yoy can believe your family members are jelly doughnuts. That doesn't mean they get dusted with powdered sugar.

The facts are homosexuality has been accepted many times in history. Acceptance always ends the same way. A lot of dead gays and lesbians. As homosexuality has been part of humanity ever since there has been humanity it has nothing to do with their existence. There must be something more. And there is.

You believe my family members that happen to be gays and lesbians are morally corrupt and are covering up your bigotry with jelly doughnuts and powdered bull shit.
You clearly stated that homosexuality is depravity.
We are speaking of YOUR bigotry and all you have to come back with is "well, all through history everyone else has persecuted gays more when they had the audacity to come out of the closet " in a further attempt to cloak your bigotry.
And you are sucking at it because it is a milk weak argument if one at all.
Is that all you have? No guts to just admit you do not like gay people, you believe them to be 2nd class immoral citizens and that they are one day, some day going to "swing from the lamp posts" with you there on a front row seat cheering on the executioners?
I would have had an ounce of respect for you then as a testament to your candor and honesty.

Last edited:
Well, I know that I am sitting on the edge of seat, waiting for DOMA to be declared unconstitutional.

The DOMA is certainly at the top of my list of "important things to worry about".

In this time of record debt, a failing and flailing economy, millions of men and women out of work, record home foreclosures, rising gas and food prices, etc., GAY RIGHTS should trump all of that "trivial" stuff.

It’s not surprising that you and other conservatives have so little regard for Americans’ civil liberties, and exhibit ignorance and hate toward those fellow Americans.

I am a conservative.
Free thinking is not just a liberal thing.

this country gives civil rights to all, not just the people YOU like
Since when? Have you been paying attention the last two-hundred years?

As Rightwinger said, the requirement for other states to recognize will be the determining factor in federal (SCOTUS) intervention

Conservatives of principle want the end of DOMA and return of this issue to the states.

That’s fine provided the states act in accordance with the Constitution and obey its case law.

With such issues as marriage equality and abortion, unfortunately, many states have elected to violate the Constitution.

And when states enact laws offensive to the Founding Document, those adversely effected have no other option but to seek remedy in Federal Court.

Court ordered school integration.

There is no doubt that gay marriage will pass. Just not for long.

There are people in this world who still oppose court ordered integration?

Don't forget a city that is STILL under court ordered integration: Boston!

I am a conservative.

No one ever said it was.

The problem is you remain a considerable minority among conservatives.

4 signs that DOMA is doomed - The Week

1. Big name corporations say DOMA is hurting their business
When corporate giants like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Starbucks, Citigroup, and Walt Disney join forces for a cause, you can bet that people will pay attention. These companies and hundreds more signed a brief submitted to the Supreme Court late last month, urging the court to give same-sex couples federal benefits equal to those afforded to heterosexual couples

2. Republicans are getting behind gay marriage
House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) may be willing to spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars to defend DOMA, but that doesn't mean the rest of his party is cool with discriminating against gay Americans. The New York Times first reported last month that more than 75 GOPers — including two members of Congress, Dick Cheney's daughter, top advisers to former president George W. Bush, and a senior advisor to Mitt Romney — were urging the Supreme Court to permit gay marriage to continue in California.

3. President Obama says the law is unconstitutional
Obviously, the role of the Supreme Court is to help check the executive branch — but when the president of the United States calls a law unconstitutional (especially one passed by his Democratic predecessor), it doesn't go unnoticed. President Obama has ordered his administration not to defend DOMA and has also submitted a brief to the court arguing that the law "violates the fundamental constitutional guarantee of equal protection"

4. Some legal scholars are pushing Clarence Thomas to go rogue
Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, "the most conservative justice since the 1930s," historically votes in favor of state authority, and is something of a "legal outlier" with "radical" views, according to The New York Times. So radical, in fact, that he's not afraid to dissent from his fellow conservatives

1. The reason those corporations want to get those benefits on a federal level is so they will have lower taxes.
  2. Unlike Democrats, who always vote in a block ideologically, Republicans are a party of different ideas come together to reach the same goal. In other words, there have always been Republicans who support SSM. By the way, why don't you want lesbians to have access to marriage?
  3. President Obama is actually arguing that he thinks it is unconstitutional out of one side of his mouth, while simultaneously taking a position about it that will more than likely see it upheld because his legal reasoning falls flat. My guess is this is a deliberate attempt to have his cake and eat it too.
  4. Did you see Kennedy's comment that we should solve our differences using politics, not the courts?

I am a conservative.

No one ever said it was.

The problem is you remain a considerable minority among conservatives.

Fast growing minority that one day will be the majority of conservatives.

When corporate giants like Google, Microsoft, Facebook, Starbucks, Citigroup, and Walt Disney join forces for a cause, you can bet that people will pay attention. These companies and hundreds more signed a brief submitted to the Supreme Court late last month, urging the court to give same-sex couples federal benefits equal to those afforded to heterosexual couples

House Speaker Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio) may be willing to spend hundreds of thousands of tax dollars to defend DOMA, but that doesn't mean the rest of his party is cool with discriminating against gay Americans. The New York Times first reported last month that more than 75 GOPers — including two members of Congress, Dick Cheney's daughter, top advisers to former president George W. Bush, and a senior advisor to Mitt Romney — were urging the Supreme Court to permit gay marriage to continue in California.

Obviously, the role of the Supreme Court is to help check the executive branch — but when the president of the United States calls a law unconstitutional (especially one passed by his Democratic predecessor), it doesn't go unnoticed. President Obama has ordered his administration not to defend DOMA and has also submitted a brief to the court arguing that the law "violates the fundamental constitutional guarantee of equal protection"

Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas, "the most conservative justice since the 1930s," historically votes in favor of state authority, and is something of a "legal outlier" with "radical" views, according to The New York Times. So radical, in fact, that he's not afraid to dissent from his fellow conservatives

1. The reason those corporations want to get those benefits on a federal level is so they will have lower taxes.
  2. Unlike Democrats, who always vote in a block ideologically, Republicans are a party of different ideas come together to reach the same goal. In other words, there have always been Republicans who support SSM. By the way, why don't you want lesbians to have access to marriage?
  3. President Obama is actually arguing that he thinks it is unconstitutional out of one side of his mouth, while simultaneously taking a position about it that will more than likely see it upheld because his legal reasoning falls flat. My guess is this is a deliberate attempt to have his cake and eat it too.
  4. Did you see Kennedy's comment that we should solve our differences using politics, not the courts?

One argues the constitutionality of laws in the courts.
Politics has us where we are now and politics only is what has banned gay marriage from the start.

You believe my family members that happen to be gays and lesbians are morally corrupt and are covering up your bigotry with jelly doughnuts and powdered bull shit.
We are speaking of YOUR bigotry and all you have to come back with is "well, all through history everyone else has persecuted gays more when they had the audacity to come out of the closet " in a further attempt to cloak your bigotry.
Is that all you have? No guts to just admit you do not like gay people, you believe them to be 2nd class immoral citizens and that they are one day, some day going to "swing from the lamp posts" with you there on a front row seat cheering on the executioners?
I would have had an ounce of respect for you then as a testament to your candor and honesty.

I now see your mistake. I do not think that gays and lesbians are morally corrupt. They have an aberration. Those who accept the aberration as normal behavior are morally corrupt. Why do I say they will swing from lamp posts? It is a historical fact that out of all of the civilizations that have normalized homosexual relationships gays were slaughtered when that civilization collapsed. Not one time has the normalcy of homosexuality been passed on to a subsequent civilization. In the case of western civilization it looks like islam will be the replacement. They do like to decorate lamp posts and cranes with bodies.

One argues the constitutionality of laws in the courts.
Politics has us where we are now and politics only is what has banned gay marriage from the start.

SSM is not a legal issue, despite your confusion. If it was there would be a lot less debate about it.

I now see your mistake. I do not think that gays and lesbians are morally corrupt. They have an aberration. Those who accept the aberration as normal behavior are morally corrupt. Why do I say they will swing from lamp posts? It is a historical fact that out of all of the civilizations that have normalized homosexual relationships gays were slaughtered when that civilization collapsed. Not one time has the normalcy of homosexuality been passed on to a subsequent civilization. In the case of western civilization it looks like islam will be the replacement. They do like to decorate lamp posts and cranes with bodies.

Everyone is morally corrupt, which is why we need a redeemer.

So homosexuality is improper in your book.
Same old bull shit just repackaged.
Your mistake, not mine.

You have an opinion. You hate gays, think they are degenerate....an aberation

You are free to maintain your hatred and repulsion at gays.....you do not have a right to force government to accept your hatred

I am a straight-married for 37 years with 3 kids, southern drawl speaking, bourbon swiller, beer guzzler, backer chewin, football lovin, flannel shirt wearin, fishin n huntin lover and Georgia by the grace of God.

I have no problem with gay folk wanting to get married.
Does not affect me in any way.

While I would vote to approve same sex marriage at the state level, I do not see any constitutional right to it. With regards the constitution I have always been a strict constructionist, and am wary of 5 of 9 people being able to create a right out of thin air, mostly because those that create one can limit or destroy one just as easy. Anyone who puts all thier faith in the courts must remember it was the courts that created the civil rights issues of the 50's and 60's with thier terrible plessey v. Fergueson ruling.

We have bypassed the amendment process with judges who legislate rather and adjudicate.

Plessy v. Ferguson was a 1896 case where the SCOTUS ruled that "separate but equal" was Constitutionally valid.

Brown v. Board of Education was a 1954 case where the SCOTUS overturned Plessy v. Ferguson and showed that "separate but equal" was not a Constitutionally valid way to operate government entities.

>>>>

Yes, it was in 1896. So what? What it shows is that the court basically decided to ignore an amendment, (actually several amendments), using popular opinion in the place of deference to the consitution. what resulted was an terrible blemish on the nation, and all b ecause the court decided it was lord and master, and bowed to popular (southern) opinion.

In the case now, you agree with what the courts are finding, that this is a "right." While I agree with the results, I cannot agree with the method used to get there. There is no "right" to gay marriage in the consitution, thus it is up to legislatures to determine the nature of the contract.

The other thing is I hope DOMA is struck down, as marriage has always been a state issue, and should remain there.

Forum List

Back