4 things Republicans need to do to win 2024 presidential election

Somewhat, yes. I was rooting for Trump over Hillary for the laughs, Hillary's not funny at all. I even agreed with some of Trump's goals. But he did nothing, all hat, no trousers.
Who gave Trump money more than 30 days before he cliched the nomination?

And this time the party backers are going to ignore him and back DeSantis.
Nobody gave Trump money.
He was on Hannity every night which crushed CNN and MSNBC.
You are either a neo-Con, a liar or outright psychotic, so welcome to Ignore.

Nobody gave Trump money.
He was on Hannity every night which crushed CNN and MSNBC.
You are either a neo-Con, a liar or outright psychotic, so welcome to Ignore.
I didn't follow every single thing that ever happened in that election, but this time Murdoch and others aren't going to back him.

That article is a good synopsis of four issues on which the Republicans should be highlighting their differences with the Democrats. It leaves out the economy, particularly inflation, which is hurting every single working class and middle class American and about which Biden is openly stating that he intends to do nothing becuase it isn’t important.

The first and fourth, Critical Race Theory and the gender wars, will push their socially conservative base to the polls. The second and third, crime and the border, will sway independents.

The problem with all of that is the Donald Trump issue. THat issue over-rides all those others.

Not Donald Trump as a politician with ideas about how to address the above concerns. Donald Trump as the guy so hated by the Democrats that they drop all pretense of fairly competing with him in the marketplace of ideas, and put all of their energy into destroying him personally and policically, by any means necessary.

The Donald Trump question for Democrats is this: Should a bunch of Walmart-shopping, uneducated whites, and religious fanatics, who reveal their racism by supporting Trump, be allowed to decide who is our president, no matter how disgusting and obnoxious he is, just because they have the “right” to vote?

The Donald Trump Question for Trumpers is this: does our vote mean that we get to pick the president, or does our choice have to be approved by the entrenched bureaucracy and the media who are allowed to veto our choice by trying to over-turn the election and rig the next one?

The Donal Trump question for non-Trump Republicans is this: Do I have the courage to oppose him?

Trump is the only announced candidate for president in 2024, unless Biden has announced and I missed it. The longer he goes unchallenged by any other Republican, the more the idea gels that he is the presumed nominee. He is quickly going from “the one to beat,” to “the one to be beaten by, if I can find some advantage in losing to him.”

Forum List

Back