Recent Atmospheric Record

IABP SVP Buoy 971540 latest weather data
12/05/1800Z 86.393°N 52.392°E 1008.4mb

EUMETNET ICEB Buoy 409520 latest weather data
11/16/1455Z 84.198°N 34.035°W -17.9°C 989.5mb

Last edited:
The cold is going west to east and has a central freeze as opposed to north to south as is typical. Looks like a cold front that should dissipate.

Holy shit! That's freeze your nose hairs cold!

As of Wednesday afternoon, the Minnesota Department of Transportation reported difficult driving conditions on multiple highways due to snow-covered and slippery roads around Minneapolis. These hazardous roads include US-10 and I-94 in both directions, as well as on MN-15.

A crash also occurred on I-90 westbound between MN 91 and exit 33 during the late afternoon hours, causing slow traffic. At the time of the crash driving conditions were classified as difficult due to packed snow on the roadway.

Air travel is also being impacted as FlightStats reports excessive delays at Denver and Minneapolis-St. Paul airports.

AccuWeather RealFeel® temperatures will become dangerously low during and after the storm, plummeting to between 30 to 40 below zero on Wednesday night through Thursday night.

650x366_12040929_uf35.jpg

People are being frostbitten when they go to their cars, I hear....:eek:

I was 25 degrees this morning here at the coast. Unheard of, almost. Snow tonight and tomorrow.....unheard of this early. Usually once in February and melting overnight. I do hope power does not go down, with the temps.....:eek:

Where is the cold air coming from? Outer space? If the polar bears are falling off their diminishing little patches of ice how the hell can Fargo be at -40 before winter officially begins?

Well, first of all, if you go back and read the map, it cleaerly says that the temperatures are wind chill factors, which has little to do with actual temperatures.

(Shessh!)

I wonder what the temperature at the North Pole has been doing while this Arctic air mass has descended over the midwest.

Well, they don't have a thermometer at 90 North, but they do have one at 84.198 North and at that location it is -17.9C which is around -21F. What's your point? Oh, that's right, you have none.

North Pole 90N

Are you going to admit that it's 69 degrees warmer at the North Pole than it was in North Dakota?

I wonder what the temperature at the North Pole has been doing while this Arctic air mass has descended over the midwest.

Well, they don't have a thermometer at 90 North, but they do have one at 84.198 North and at that location it is -17.9C which is around -21F. What's your point? Oh, that's right, you have none.

North Pole 90N

Try again:

Both Web Cameras and IABP PAWS Buoy 819920 latest weather data
12/04/2100Z -90.000°N 180.000°W -1.6°C 1004.8mb 00-999° 0.0m/s

And even -21 is 19 degrees warmer than North Dakota.

The Earth's temperature has not gone down.

North Pole 90N

Try again:

“Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released… and here is the chart to prove it.”

A Big Picture Look At ?Earth?s Temperature? ? ?The Pause? Update | Watts Up With That?

As of Wednesday afternoon, the Minnesota Department of Transportation reported difficult driving conditions on multiple highways due to snow-covered and slippery roads around Minneapolis. These hazardous roads include US-10 and I-94 in both directions, as well as on MN-15.

A crash also occurred on I-90 westbound between MN 91 and exit 33 during the late afternoon hours, causing slow traffic. At the time of the crash driving conditions were classified as difficult due to packed snow on the roadway.

Air travel is also being impacted as FlightStats reports excessive delays at Denver and Minneapolis-St. Paul airports.

AccuWeather RealFeel® temperatures will become dangerously low during and after the storm, plummeting to between 30 to 40 below zero on Wednesday night through Thursday night.

People are being frostbitten when they go to their cars, I hear....:eek:

I was 25 degrees this morning here at the coast. Unheard of, almost. Snow tonight and tomorrow.....unheard of this early. Usually once in February and melting overnight. I do hope power does not go down, with the temps.....:eek:

I've found the cause of global warning
Aqua Athena even her moniker says boiling hot water. :eusa_angel:

North Pole 90N

Try again:

“Global warming stopped 16 years ago, reveals Met Office report quietly released… and here is the chart to prove it.”

A Big Picture Look At ?Earth?s Temperature? ? ?The Pause? Update | Watts Up With That?

Fig.A2.gif

The 5-year running mean on these GISS data indicate the warming trend didn't slow till mid 2003 or 2004. All this "17 years without warming" I hear is a bunch of crap. When you've got something more extensive in time and temperature than the '41-'79 period, let us know.

ps, without that hiatus, the current anomaly would be over 1.2C. Look to see the rapid temperature increase seen both before and after the '41-'79 hiatus come back as soon as whatever's happening now gets done.

Last edited:
Try again:

Fig.A2.gif

The 5-year running mean on these GISS data indicate the warming trend didn't slow till mid 2003 or 2004. All this "17 years without warming" I hear is a bunch of crap. When you've got something more extensive in time and temperature than the '41-'79 period, let us know.

Liar theirs plenty of information in that link date up to 2012

Fig.A2.gif

Are you calling me a liar or is that just another feature of your inability to craft a syntactically correct and coherent sentence?

Last edited:
Fig.A2.gif

Are you calling me a liar or is that just another feature of your inability to craft a syntactically correct and coherent sentence?

You're to dumb to comprehend that I called you a liar because you lied when you said the data information was about the 41-79 period.
That makes you a liar. NEXT.
Better yet you're a lying sack of shit.

Where is the cold air coming from? Outer space? If the polar bears are falling off their diminishing little patches of ice how the hell can Fargo be at -40 before winter officially begins?

Well, first of all, if you go back and read the map, it cleaerly says that the temperatures are wind chill factors, which has little to do with actual temperatures.

(Shessh!)

Good point. The wind chill factor is an invention by pop-weather that has no real basis in science. Regardless of the wind, the ambient temperature stays the same under all conditions in spite of weather hype. One would consider the sun-warm-factor but the weather people only deal with discomfort and pain and hype. It all about entertainment and the almighty buck.

(Shessh!)

Good point. The wind chill factor is an invention by pop-weather that has no real basis in science. Regardless of the wind, the ambient temperature stays the same under all conditions in spite of weather hype. One would consider the sun-warm-factor but the weather people only deal with discomfort and pain and hype. It all about entertainment and the almighty buck.

I have always suspected that the 'wind chill factor' was empirically determined by measuring wind speed, throwing an intern out the back door of the weather studio without any clothes on, and counting how many times his teeth chattered per minute.

(Shessh!)

Wind chill is based upon the rate at which exposed flesh will freeze, on the average.

Wind causes increased evaporation, hence more rapid cooling of the skin.

True story of medicine.

This too shall pass my Son............

BY MAY!!!!!

I'm in between the Peg and Fargo. I'm fucked. :lol:

Forum List

Back