🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

40% of Americans-earth 10K years old

Biblical creation includes more than the creation of man, as you well know. The dirt man was created from was created from nothing, violating the FLoT. You stated that the bible was scientifically accurate, yet it violates one of the most basic fundamentals of science. Your bible is more "flawed" than the dating methods you reject. Your God may not have to adhere to the FLoT, you might think, but like the dating methods he has his limits too!

You don't know that. That may have been special dirt.

BTW God has no limits. Unlike you and I, He isn't bound by the laws that we are bound to. God is omnipotent. Shall I define "omnipotent for you?

Matthew 19:26
But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Job 42:2
I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Jeremiah 32:17,27
Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

Luke 1:37
For with God nothing shall be impossible.

Revelation 19:6
And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.

The "Lord" was the "Maker" and "Enforcer" of the physical laws that man uses to convince himself he is smart thru "science".
Prove it!

Originally Posted by Lonestar_logic
You have no evidence, only theories about disoveries that were found. There is no scientific law or demonstrable process that can account for non-living objects coming to life. There is no known scientific law that would allow one kind of creature to turn naturally into a completely different kind. Thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all.

Now you're really getting desperate, citing a religion as science!!! But even your own religious link supports me and contradicts you when it tries to work some real science into its spin. Notice how apes and man branch off separately from a common ancestor!!!!!!!!!

I cited a religion as science? No, I don't believe I did.

Nice picture but it proves nothing.
There's that cop out word BELIEVE!

There I made your post with your link to a religious site a little bit bigger so you can't pretend to have missed your own post!

When I pointed out that science does not claim man came from apes, you posted the link to the religious site as what science says to counter my claim.

The nice picture comes from your own link!!!!!!! Obviously you got no farther into your link than the nice picture that proves nothing your religious link opens with.

Believing in something is a cop out?

I never claimed the picture didn't come from my link. :cuckoo:

Fact is evolutionist believe that man evolved from some ape-like creature, perhaps not exactly an ape but something similar. Now you can argue semantics all you want but the fact remains this is part of what evolutionist believe.

Apes, ape-like, same difference.

BTW God has no limits. Unlike you and I, He isn't bound by the laws that we are bound to. God is omnipotent. Shall I define "omnipotent for you?

But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

I know that thou canst do everything, and that no thought can be withholden from thee.

Ah Lord God! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee:
Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
The limits of God were well recognized as far back as the ancient Greeks.
Where have you been?

Even God cannot change the past.
- Agathon

So Agathon's opinion is Gospel? I bet God could change the past if he so desired.
Agathon's OBSERVATION is at least as good as Matthew's, etc., fantasies!

That's a losing bet for you!
But let's assume your God could change the past.

Why won't he go back and change his creating Satan, God's ANGEL Lucifer so he doesn't become the Devil? Or why won't he go back and better advise Adam and Eve, especially Eve, on how to see through the deception of God's angel Lucifer so God won't have to watch mankind suffer for millennia and watch his only begotten son be tortured and crucified. Christians claim God had NO OTHER CHOICE but to sacrifice his only begotten son. Sounds like a limitation on God somehow. Maybe there is a Super-God who made the rule that REQUIRED your God to sacrifice his son in atonement for God's bringing EVIL into the universe.

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.

Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. 

Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?

Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"
Epicurus (341–270 B.C.)

The limits of God were well recognized as far back as the ancient Greeks.
Where have you been?

Even God cannot change the past.
- Agathon

So Agathon's opinion is Gospel? I bet God could change the past if he so desired.

Why won't he go back and change his creating Satan, God's ANGEL Lucifer so he doesn't become the Devil? Or why won't he go back and better advise Adam and Eve, especially Eve, on how to see through the deception of God's angel Lucifer so God won't have to watch mankind suffer for millennia and watch his only begotten son be tortured and crucified. Christians claim God had NO OTHER CHOICE but to sacrifice his only begotten son. Sounds like a limitation on God somehow. Maybe there is a Super-God who made the rule that REQUIRED your God to sacrifice his son in atonement for God's bringing EVIL into the universe.

Epicurus (341–270 B.C.)

The Lord works in mysterious ways.

Originally Posted by Lonestar_logic
You have no evidence, only theories about disoveries that were found. There is no scientific law or demonstrable process that can account for non-living objects coming to life. There is no known scientific law that would allow one kind of creature to turn naturally into a completely different kind. Thousands of fossils and fossil fragments of apes and humans have now been found and they don't show a steady progression from apes to humans at all.

I cited a religion as science? No, I don't believe I did.

Nice picture but it proves nothing.

There I made your post with your link to a religious site a little bit bigger so you can't pretend to have missed your own post!

When I pointed out that science does not claim man came from apes, you posted the link to the religious site as what science says to counter my claim.

The nice picture comes from your own link!!!!!!! Obviously you got no farther into your link than the nice picture that proves nothing your religious link opens with.

Fact is evolutionist believe that man evolved from some ape-like creature, perhaps not exactly an ape but something similar. Now you can argue semantics all you want but the fact remains this is part of what evolutionist believe.

Obviously it is not the same difference or you would have quoted science accurately in the first place!!!
DUH!!!

Obviously it is not the same difference or you would have quoted science accurately in the first place!!!
DUH!!!

You still stuck on semantics? Geez grow the fuck up!

The "Lord" was the "Maker" and "Enforcer" of the physical laws that man uses to convince himself he is smart thru "science".
Prove it!

He tells us how He did it.
Read it.
Who you gonna believe, scientists that are looking for funds to support their jobs and families of the Lord that has nothing to gain by telling us of His existence?

Now, again, define a day. Define a year. That should be a "scientific answer" so why won't you answer it?

Epicurus (341–270 B.C.)

More accurately would be, the Lord FAILS to work in obvious ways.

What makes any of you think you are right and they are wrong?

Quite honestly, I dont have a clue how old the earth is. But I know there are some serious flaws with the assumptions. I understand why the assumptions are made. and quite logically, i think it's logical to assume those facts, but they are nevertheless assumptions.

The most important assumption we all make is: The laws of nature are the same today as they were in the past.

We don't know that. Things could have been radically different. And the problem is unless we discover time travel we cant go back and test things for ourselves.

Maybe we should remember humility is a good virtue to have rather than assuming that because the data points to one another or another that it's the only answer. Especially on an issue that is completely irrelevant.

Epicurus (341–270 B.C.)

Keep believing that and I'm sure your next life will be a rather warm one.

Either that or you don't know as much as God does so you are drawing inaccurate conclusions that aren't based on all the facts.

Considering God is all knowing and you aren't, I think id favor that proposition.

What makes any of you think you are right and they are wrong?Quite honestly, I dont have a clue how old the earth is. But I know there are some serious flaws with the assumptions. I understand why the assumptions are made. and quite logically, i think it's logical to assume those facts, but they are nevertheless assumptions.

The most important assumption we all make is: The laws of nature are the same today as they were in the past.

We don't know that. Things could have been radically different. And the problem is unless we discover time travel we cant go back and test things for ourselves.

Maybe we should remember humility is a good virtue to have rather than assuming that because the data points to one another or another that it's the only answer. Especially on an issue that is completely irrelevant.

Faith.

You may wish that, but you can't be sure!

For all YOU know your God may have sent me to you because he see you have been brainwashed by a cult. It is no accident that we are here today on this thread. Remember, you said God works in mysterious ways! It is your PRIDE that has convinced yourself that you are here to teach and not to learn!

For all YOU know your God may have sent me to you because he see you have been brainwashed by a cult. It is no accident that we are here today on this thread. Remember, you said God works in mysterious ways! It is your PRIDE that has convinced yourself that you are here to teach and not to learn!

Yes I can be sure and I am.

I'm not here to teach nor to learn, I'm here simply to harrass stupid liberals such as yourself.

I'm not here to teach nor to learn, I'm here simply to harrass stupid liberals such as yourself.
How very CHRISTIAN of you!

I know of no commandment that says. "Thou shall not harrass stupid liberals."

I know of no commandment that says. "Thou shall not harrass stupid liberals."
You cultists know less about the bible than you do about science, and you know nothing about science.

Mr 12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Ro 13:9* For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if there be any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Last edited:
Right wingers can deny science all they want. I for one am glad for science. Because of science, I am able to type on this computer. I can visit a doctor. I can't do without science in my life.

Religion? The only thing mysticism and the occult have ever done for me is bother and provide a rich source of material for endless humor. Thank God it's all bullshit and none of it's true. I would never want to be under the thumb of a middle eastern God who kills for fun, demands that people "beg" and make an underage girl pregnant. It's just gross.

I believe it was 40,000 polled and self proclaimed conservatives it is over 50%.
Religion gives conservatism a bad name.

Dec. 10-12 with a random sample of 1,019 adults, ages 18 and older, living in the continental United States. The findings were weighted by gender, age, race, education, religion and phone lines to make the sample nationally representative.

Not impressed. It even blows away your rant about conservatives.

Considering how few educated people today have landlines, I'm pretty sure the poll is slanted. We have a landline, but we don't answer polls. No time or inclination. Let's face it, the busy productive people aren't answering the polls. Even if they do, they eliminate us pretty quickly. I've gotten polled and the first question they ask is if I'm a democrat or republican and when I say I'm and independent they thank me and hang up.

Forum List

Back