🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

400 Americans

Why do you think that shirt from China only costs $11, despite the huge freight costs?

Their slave labor conditions are worse than ours.

We don’t have slave conditions here. Someone with low level skills is getting an equivalent low level pay. If their pay is too low, perhaps they should improve their skills instead of demanding they be paid on existence rather than what they offer.

Define "low level skills" and place a dollar figure to it;'s worth to a company that hires many "low skill" workers? Look. The corporations did this to themselves. They farmed out the high paying jobs to low wage workers overseas to save a buck, and left millions here with little choice but to work the "low skill" jobs. And you say this as if low skill jobs are of little or no value to these companies, when the fact is in most cases, they are the very backbone of the companies. So treat them with disrespect if you want. But don't expect them to put up with these conditions for long. At Ford, guys with seniority (30 or more years) get to choose the job they want. My step brother is one of those, and he joined the clean up crew. What do these guys do? They sweep and mop the floors - for $30/hour. And yet Ford is turning a profit right here in the U.S.A.

A job that someone even with less than a high school diploma could get because to be able to do it requires little to no cognitive ability. Cleaning toilets, emptying trash, and sweeping/vacuuming floors fits it. I do those things at my house and can't recall ever being taught how to do it. If I was taught, it was by my parents at such a young age that it fits the definition of low skilled.

I can't place a specific dollar figure on it for a business that I don't own. That's for the business owner to do not you or me to do it for them. If they say it's worth $7.50/hour, it's no one else's place to say it's worth more.

I don't treat those with low skills with disrespect. What I don't have respect for is when someone with low skills demands they be handed more for nothing calling it fair that they get a wage simpy because they breath espeically when the reason they have low skills is themselves.

Your step brother gets that much not because of the job he does but because the union pieces of shit that extort business. Your step brother is an overpaid monkey. That's why I don't nor will I ever buy a Ford product.

There are a lot of overpaid monkeys in this country; corporate CEOs, for instance. By the way, the reason why my step brother gets paid so much to mop floors is because Ford recognizes his 30+ years of profitable service to the company and offered him whatever floor job he wanted for his remaining time prior to retirement. And traditionally, old timers pick the clean up crew because it is the easiest job.

Your step brother who you just said took the easy job.

I'll put some a CEO above some floor sweeper any day. The CEO didn't take the easy way out later in a career. Your family did Tells you something about who has character and who simply wants to float their way through.

So because my step brother worked his ass off for thirty + years and was so valued by his company that they offered him an easier position his last year before retirement, that makes him a lazy no good bum, as opposed to your CEO who took the company to the cleaners at the expense of the employees and his shareholders. Got it.

Wrong. He had a white trash mother. Also, his half black part is why many voted for him. Tim Scott was elected because of his beliefs. It has to be because you idiots on the left claim we Conservatives are racist and don't like black people.

Well, your record of alienating them and nearly every other minority (including the largest minority in the U.S. today - hispanics) clearly shows that you are right. Conservatives ARE racist and don't like A LOT of people. Or perhaps I should rephrase this and simply say that conservatives don't like anyone that is not them. So perhaps racist is not the correct phrase. Bigots. Yeah. That word works.

Even you know you're in trouble since you're dragging out the tired "racism" card. Not working so well for you anymore, is it? Not that you're going to give it up, obviously.

You saw the pictures and video from the RNC. You know their policies. Don't deny it.

You're a pathetic race baiter who can't argue with logic or positive empirical results because liberalism has none, so you sink to the lowest depths of political smear, You're a racist. It's all you have. No brains, no dick, just the lowest form of political pandering. I have no respect for you or the rest of you morally decrepit liberal scum who can't argue with reason, so you don't even try. You just go to fear and hate based divisive politics. If you ever do decide to enter into manhood and defend your views with facts and reason let me know. In the meantime you're just on my not to be taken seriously list. People like you are the ones destroying discourse in this country. There can be nothing to follow, you're a racist. Have a good one, asshole.

Their entire ideology argues from the emotional standpoint. For example, their argument about a living wage bases paying someone in a low skilled job because they exist rather than on the same concept of skills they think the rest of us should have our pay level determined. They claim it's fair that someone should get a wage to support themselves even when the reason they make a low one is solely because of that worker. When you ask fair to whom, they have no answer.

So what you are saying is that there is some other reason that the RNC has these terrific problems with minorities and women

Strawman and begging the question.

Right. So the question being begged is what OTHER reason is there that the RNC cannot attract minorities and women to their cause? Any suggestions?

They don't pander to women with things like birth control and minorities with programs like affirmative action. If that's what you have to do to get them, it tells me the ones you get only want something for nothing and would run off at the next flashier thing. Not a good base if you ask me.

So in other words, because you have a problem with the wants and needs of women and minorities, everybody else should too. That not everybody sees it your way is their fault, not yours. Got it.

We don’t have slave conditions here. Someone with low level skills is getting an equivalent low level pay. If their pay is too low, perhaps they should improve their skills instead of demanding they be paid on existence rather than what they offer.

Define "low level skills" and place a dollar figure to it;'s worth to a company that hires many "low skill" workers? Look. The corporations did this to themselves. They farmed out the high paying jobs to low wage workers overseas to save a buck, and left millions here with little choice but to work the "low skill" jobs. And you say this as if low skill jobs are of little or no value to these companies, when the fact is in most cases, they are the very backbone of the companies. So treat them with disrespect if you want. But don't expect them to put up with these conditions for long. At Ford, guys with seniority (30 or more years) get to choose the job they want. My step brother is one of those, and he joined the clean up crew. What do these guys do? They sweep and mop the floors - for $30/hour. And yet Ford is turning a profit right here in the U.S.A.

A job that someone even with less than a high school diploma could get because to be able to do it requires little to no cognitive ability. Cleaning toilets, emptying trash, and sweeping/vacuuming floors fits it. I do those things at my house and can't recall ever being taught how to do it. If I was taught, it was by my parents at such a young age that it fits the definition of low skilled.

I can't place a specific dollar figure on it for a business that I don't own. That's for the business owner to do not you or me to do it for them. If they say it's worth $7.50/hour, it's no one else's place to say it's worth more.

I don't treat those with low skills with disrespect. What I don't have respect for is when someone with low skills demands they be handed more for nothing calling it fair that they get a wage simpy because they breath espeically when the reason they have low skills is themselves.

Your step brother gets that much not because of the job he does but because the union pieces of shit that extort business. Your step brother is an overpaid monkey. That's why I don't nor will I ever buy a Ford product.

There are a lot of overpaid monkeys in this country; corporate CEOs, for instance. By the way, the reason why my step brother gets paid so much to mop floors is because Ford recognizes his 30+ years of profitable service to the company and offered him whatever floor job he wanted for his remaining time prior to retirement. And traditionally, old timers pick the clean up crew because it is the easiest job.

I'll put some a CEO above some floor sweeper any day. The CEO didn't take the easy way out later in a career. Your family did Tells you something about who has character and who simply wants to float their way through.

So because my step brother worked his ass off for thirty + years and was so valued by his company that they offered him an easier position his last year before retirement, that makes him a lazy no good bum, as opposed to your CEO who took the company to the cleaners at the expense of the employees and his shareholders. Got it.

He absolutely is by taking the way out. Honorable people continue to improve themselves not just float through life. I bet it's rubbed off on you, too. Did your stepbrother assemble cars for Ford? If so, I've seen the assembly lines. The robots and machines are the only one working their asses off.

You saw the pictures and video from the RNC. You know their policies. Don't deny it.

You're a pathetic race baiter who can't argue with logic or positive empirical results because liberalism has none, so you sink to the lowest depths of political smear, You're a racist. It's all you have. No brains, no dick, just the lowest form of political pandering. I have no respect for you or the rest of you morally decrepit liberal scum who can't argue with reason, so you don't even try. You just go to fear and hate based divisive politics. If you ever do decide to enter into manhood and defend your views with facts and reason let me know. In the meantime you're just on my not to be taken seriously list. People like you are the ones destroying discourse in this country. There can be nothing to follow, you're a racist. Have a good one, asshole.

So what you are saying is that there is some other reason that the RNC has these terrific problems with minorities and women. No doubt, you are prepared to blame them for hating the Republican party much like some of you Republicans have, in the past, blamed the victims of rape for being raped. So, bubba, tell me, what other reason can you cite as to why minorities and women don't flock to your political causes? Oh I know the mantra you folks cite: It's the Democrats' fault that Republicans are not viewed favorably by women and minorities. It couldn't be anything else, like the words and deeds of your own people. Naw, it could't be that.

It's the words, deeds, and pandering by the Democrats as to why minorities flock to you. When you promise them the world at someone else's expense, it's not hard to figure out why those whou would rather have someone else do for them than do for themselves come to you. That's not blaming the Democrat party. It's saying it's no surprise people, when promised things and told that they deserve it, flock to the party that has convinced them that bullshit is true.

So what you are saying is that women and minorities are so gullible and stupid that they cannot figure out for themselves which party has their best interest at heart. Got it. :wink:

Are you saying the Democrat pandering means they have the best interests of women and minorities at heart? If you are, you're saying their stupid because you have to pander to them to get them. If what you're doing is so good, pandering wouldn't be necessary.

Pandering - your word, not mine. Speaking of pandering, did Rick Perry ever figure out that evolution is real? Who was he pandering to when he made that statement? It couldn't have been evangelical creationists, could it? You know. The base of the Republican party?

So what you are saying is that there is some other reason that the RNC has these terrific problems with minorities and women

Right. So the question being begged is what OTHER reason is there that the RNC cannot attract minorities and women to their cause? Any suggestions?

They don't pander to women with things like birth control and minorities with programs like affirmative action. If that's what you have to do to get them, it tells me the ones you get only want something for nothing and would run off at the next flashier thing. Not a good base if you ask me.

So in other words, because you have a problem with the wants and needs of women and minorities, everybody else should too. That not everybody sees it your way is their fault, not yours. Got it.

I have a problem when someone tells me it's my place to be forced to meet their needs. I don't care if you don't see it that way or are not willing to hold someone accountable when their decisions cause their problems. You can be a dumbass if you want and pander to people with someone else's money if you want but do it with yours. I don't owe them shit nor is is my place to pay for their situation in life especially when I didn't cause it. I didn't quit school like many did. I didn't have bastard children at a young age like many of them did. I don't have a criminal record like many of them do. Therefore, when it comes time to pay the price, they can pay or do without.

So what you are saying is that there is some other reason that the RNC has these terrific problems with minorities and women. No doubt, you are prepared to blame them for hating the Republican party much like some of you Republicans have, in the past, blamed the victims of rape for being raped. So, bubba, tell me, what other reason can you cite as to why minorities and women don't flock to your political causes? Oh I know the mantra you folks cite: It's the Democrats' fault that Republicans are not viewed favorably by women and minorities. It couldn't be anything else, like the words and deeds of your own people. Naw, it could't be that.

It's the words, deeds, and pandering by the Democrats as to why minorities flock to you. When you promise them the world at someone else's expense, it's not hard to figure out why those whou would rather have someone else do for them than do for themselves come to you. That's not blaming the Democrat party. It's saying it's no surprise people, when promised things and told that they deserve it, flock to the party that has convinced them that bullshit is true.

So what you are saying is that women and minorities are so gullible and stupid that they cannot figure out for themselves which party has their best interest at heart. Got it. :wink:

Are you saying the Democrat pandering means they have the best interests of women and minorities at heart? If you are, you're saying their stupid because you have to pander to them to get them. If what you're doing is so good, pandering wouldn't be necessary.

Pandering - your word, not mine. Speaking of pandering, did Rick Perry ever figure out that evolution is real? Who was he pandering to when he made that statement? It couldn't have been evangelical creationists, could it? You know. The base of the Republican party?

It's not my problem if you don't understand how that works. I bet you think it's my fault you're an uneducated idiot.

He absolutely is by taking the way out. Honorable people continue to improve themselves not just float through life. I bet it's rubbed off on you, too. Did your stepbrother assemble cars for Ford? If so, I've seen the assembly lines. The robots and machines are the only one working their asses off.

OMG. I bet you haven't worked a day in your friggin life. Poor dear.

Oh yeah? What do you tell the inner city black kid whose mom is strung out on drugs and whose dad is in jail and doesnt have a telephone or shoes or mail service? How do you proposing providing resources so he can become an astronaut?

Tell him there is some bleeding heart Liberal somewhere that claims he/she has compassion but don't waste your time asking them because their compassion comes from seeing who else they can get the resources from.

The resources you propose providing them would likely come from taxpayers and involve those who didn't do drugs or weren't put in jail having taken from them resources that otherwise would go to THEIR KIDS. I would tell him to not get strung out on drug or do something to get thrown in jail so your kids, if you have any, won't have to rely on taxpayers.
We need cheap loans for that tech school, and many more. You're clueless as to what Pub policies have done. Right up on racist code though...

Feel free to loan them any of your money you want. I find it interesting that the bleeding heart proposals always involve someone else getting the bills.

I am a prime example of those policies. If you vote for what's in your best interest, why shouldn't I do the same?

Well stated.

I do loan money to my kids for school (and give them some too). It's great I am also required to pay for other people's school.

My kids could qualify for food stamps but would go homeless before doing so.

If you think it's so great that you pay for other people's school, why do you need to be required to do it? If you thought it was good idea, you wouldn't need to be told.

Sorry....the comment was meant to be sarcastic. I realize that didn't come across.

I have a problem when someone tells me it's my place to be forced to meet their needs. I don't care if you don't see it that way or are not willing to hold someone accountable when their decisions cause their problems. You can be a dumbass if you want and pander to people with someone else's money if you want but do it with yours. I don't owe them shit nor is is my place to pay for their situation in life especially when I didn't cause it. I didn't quit school like many did. I didn't have bastard children at a young age like many of them did. I don't have a criminal record like many of them do. Therefore, when it comes time to pay the price, they can pay or do without.

So what you are saying is that you want your representatives to be public servants without actually serving the public. Got it. No doubt you would, yuourself, make a model Republican representative (i.e., small facsimile of the real thing).

That isn't what begging the questions means, you should Google it and cure one area of your ignorance.

The Republicans suck, which is why I am not one. But neither my head nor my pants are empty like yours, so I like to argue with Republicans about what's wrong with their position.

Race is a left obsessed issue. You like to put up hurdles like you're racist if you don't support discrimination and you're racist if you don't assume every shooting of a black is race based then declare the Republicans failed. You can't say logically why their policies are stupid becasue you can't process it. And you can't defend liberalism because it doesn't work. So it's racist, racist, racist. It's all you've got.

It's not my problem if you don't understand how that works. I bet you think it's my fault you're an uneducated idiot.

Oh I understand how it works. The Democrats "pander" to people by offering solutions to problems, while the Republicans pander to - Jesus - a guy who has been dead for over 2000 years, and wasn't even an American. lol

OMG. I bet you haven't worked a day in your friggin life. Poor dear.

Unlike your lazy, take the easy way out piece of shit step brother, I'm still working to move up after almost 30 years. I'm #2 now. In addition to my current position, I also operate a small but profitable residential remodeling business. It means I work 60 - 70 hour/week while people like your brother would have shit a brick if he had to work 10 seconds into a breaktime or 1 minute past his scheduled without demanding he get paid time and a half. You couldn't keep up and would be crying like a pussy if you had to do what I did. I know you would because you're crying like one now.

Tell your brother from me that he's a lazy SOB for taking the way out.

Tell him there is some bleeding heart Liberal somewhere that claims he/she has compassion but don't waste your time asking them because their compassion comes from seeing who else they can get the resources from.

The resources you propose providing them would likely come from taxpayers and involve those who didn't do drugs or weren't put in jail having taken from them resources that otherwise would go to THEIR KIDS. I would tell him to not get strung out on drug or do something to get thrown in jail so your kids, if you have any, won't have to rely on taxpayers.
We need cheap loans for that tech school, and many more. You're clueless as to what Pub policies have done. Right up on racist code though...

Feel free to loan them any of your money you want. I find it interesting that the bleeding heart proposals always involve someone else getting the bills.

I am a prime example of those policies. If you vote for what's in your best interest, why shouldn't I do the same?

Well stated.

I do loan money to my kids for school (and give them some too). It's great I am also required to pay for other people's school.

My kids could qualify for food stamps but would go homeless before doing so.

If you think it's so great that you pay for other people's school, why do you need to be required to do it? If you thought it was good idea, you wouldn't need to be told.

Sorry....the comment was meant to be sarcastic. I realize that didn't come across.

It was obviously sarcasm.

Oh I understand how it works. The Democrats "pander" to people by offering solutions to problems, while the Republicans pander to - Jesus - a guy who has been dead for over 2000 years, and wasn't even an American. lol

Solutions, LOL. You call people racists and sexists and so forth because your solutions are stupid and don't work, so you go the low route to deflect from that. If you had great ideas, you would focus on that.

Democrats pander to people by giving them things funded by someone else's money. You can't pander to someone that already has it all.

Solutions, LOL. You call people racists and sexists and so forth because your solutions are stupid and don't work, so you go the low route to deflect from that. If you had great ideas, you would focus on that.
Their only solution is see how much one person they think has too little can get from the other person they think has too much.

What? You don't want to pay for women's abortions and birth control? That means you are denying it to them, which makes you a sexist. You realize that, right? [/sarcasm]

Great post, that's dead on. Democrats pander because that's the way to get them, not because they have their best interest at heart.

Strawman

Forum List

Back