400 million guns

This is where you're wrong.

You assume anyone who is pro 2nd Amendment is a gun nut and a person who will resort to violence over a disagreement.

It's not the people who legally own and responsibly use guns that are the problem.

Nobody's saying that it is.

If you put X number of guns in the population and X number of people are people who are either mentally disturbed or who are growing up in an unstable environment, then you can expect gun violence. 80% of all murders are committed with firearms.

If you put X number of guns in the population and X number of people are people who are either mentally disturbed or who are growing up in an unstable environment, then you can expect gun violence. 80% of all murders are committed with firearms.
Does Switzerland have mentally ill people? They have a lot of guns and low crime.

Does Switzerland have mentally ill people? They have a lot of guns and low crime.

Yes, Switzerland does have a lot of guns and you clearly don't know much about guns and gun laws in Switzerland.

They have about 1 guns for every 4 residents; we have more than 1 for every 1 resident here.

Concealed carry is generally not allowed there like it is here.

Guns are issued to every military-eligible male. They are given firearms instruction as part of their training and can keep and bear arms accordingly. After military service is done? They have to apply for one and get a license unless it's a bolt-action rifle. If you want anything other than that, you have to get a license, which gets renewed every year. Local police can deny it if they even have doubts about your fitness to have a firearm.

It's not the same. Israel is also equally restrictive. The US is the only nation in the world that has these dumbass gun freedoms (thanks more to recent Court corruption than valid interpretations of the Constitution) with predictably tragic results.

Yes, Switzerland does have a lot of guns and you clearly don't know much about guns and gun laws in Switzerland.

They have about 1 guns for every 4 residents; we have more than 1 for every 1 resident here.

Concealed carry is generally not allowed there like it is here.

Guns are issued to every military-eligible male. They are given firearms instruction as part of their training and can keep and bear arms accordingly. After military service is done? They have to apply for one and get a license unless it's a bolt-action rifle. If you want anything other than that, you have to get a license, which gets renewed every year. Local police can deny it if they even have doubts about your fitness to have a firearm.

It's not the same. Israel is also equally restrictive. The US is the only nation in the world that has these dumbass gun freedoms with predictably tragic results.
So its really NOT the gun that causes those shootings, right?

using an entire state skews the numbers.

Most gun crimes occur in cities and gun ownership in cities is lower per capita than gun ownership in suburban and rural areas.

And there is no real accurate measure of gun ownership by household and does that stat include all the households that includes a person who illegally possesses a firearm

54% of all the counties in the US have a murder rate of near zero
and 2% of all counties have 51% of all murders

And most murders are criminals killing other criminals.

Like I said we all know where the most murders occur and that is in the worst parts of just a dozen or so urban areas where the local governments have completely surrendered control to criminals, gangs and drug dealers.

using an entire state skews the numbers.

Not really.

Most gun crimes occur in cities and gun ownership in cities is lower per capita than gun ownership in suburban and rural areas.

No shit, because that's where most people are and not surprisingly where most conflicts occur. Really, that's not a good counter-argument.

And there is no real accurate measure of gun ownership by household and does that stat include all the households that includes a person who illegally possesses a firearm

That's not necessary. It probably helps to serve as another smokescreen argument against gun control, I guess.

54% of all the counties in the US have a murder rate of near zero
and 2% of all counties have 51% of all murders

And these are probably the most densely populated areas -- again, where most of the people are. People commit crimes, right? You think that the bulk of the population should have to live in fear of getting shot to accommodate the "rights" of people in flyover country? I don't. People in Bumfuck, Iowa will be just fine without their fucken AR-15s.

And most murders are criminals killing other criminals.

Like I said we all know where the most murders occur and that is in the worst parts of just a dozen or so urban areas where the local governments have completely surrendered control to criminals, gangs and drug dealers.
That was governor Abbott`s response to the Uvalde massacre. The mass murder of 4th graders was okay because of what happens in a Chicago ghetto. He too is a degenerate ass.

Not really.

No shit, because that's where most people are and not surprisingly where most conflicts occur. Really, that's not a good counter-argument.

That's not necessary. It probably helps to serve as another smokescreen argument against gun control, I guess.

And these are probably the most densely populated areas -- again, where most of the people are. People commit crimes, right? You think that the bulk of the population should have to live in fear of getting shot to accommodate the "rights" of people in flyover country? I don't. People in Bumfuck, Iowa will be just fine without their fucken AR-15s.

people in urban areas own fewer guns per capita than people in rural areas and yet urban areas are where the most gun crime occurs

And it seems to me you are saying violence is a population density matter not a gun ownership matter. We all know that the vast majority of people who own guns legally will never commit any crimes never mind murder.

That was governor Abbott`s response to the Uvalde massacre. The mass murder of 4th graders was okay because of what happens in a Chicago ghetto. He too is a degenerate ass.

Mass shooting still only account for about 1% of all murders so my statement that most murders are criminals killing other criminals is not disproven

Who took your right to have 20mm cannon then, the Tooth Fairy?

How come your right to machine guns is infringed?

The Government is illegal, is a tyranny?
Don't the 2A nutters say the purpose of the 2A is to prevent that?
How come you let them get away with that?
sure would help if yu showed what I got wrong,,

just saying it doesnt mean shit to me,,

people in urban areas own fewer guns per capita than people in rural areas and yet urban areas are where the most gun crime occurs

And it seems to me you are saying violence is a population density matter not a gun ownership matter. We all know that the vast majority of people who own guns legally will never commit any crimes never mind murder.

That may be true and I'm sure you can pull out other mostly irrelevant stats to support the NRA's interpretation of gun rights.

The fact remains that states with expanded gun rights have more gun violence than those with restrictions, and the United States has more gun violence - by far - than pretty much every country on earth that isn't undergoing some sort of civil war or breakdown in law and order.

p.s. It's the fucking guns.

His party formed the KKK, gave us Jim Crow laws, filibustered the Civil Rights Act, and elected a Grand Kleagle of the KKK to the Senate until he went toes up in 2010 (was also Senate Majority Leader)

They also made SURE that this guy kept his job after it was revealed he was in the KKK in college.

1682432955440.png

Forum List

Back