400 million guns

America will always be a gun culture, but we can reduce the level of violence. The only way to do that, though, is to reduce the number of guns.
Reducing the number of guns is a non-starter unless you are advocating gun confiscation. It is disingenuous to just attribute "gun violence" to guns. It takes an angry human operating the gun to create gun violence. Let's start there.

Both are are predictable, thus both must be accepted or rejected. Even if accidental, it is a statistical certainty that a rate of death will happen in cars. you accept the deaths so you can enjoy a higher way of life. You monster.
They could cut the deaths to almost nothing by making the maximum speed limit 15 mph. Why don't they push for that?

"...Gun control is like a donut: there is no middle. On the one side you have people who love guns, and if you disagree with them, they’ll threaten to shoot you. On the other side you have people who detest guns, mainly out of fear of getting shot. It is an ideological death-match in which the voices of reason and compromise don’t seem to exist. Or if they do, no one can hear them over the sounds of the shouting and posturing
and the bumper-sticker slogans about cold dead hands." --"Matt" (anonymous) from his review of Adam Winkler's 'Gunfight, the Battle Over the Second Amendment in America"

There are some 400 million guns in America, and if guns were making us safer, we'd be the safest place on earth, which America is not.

That is a fact Republicans cannot reconcile.

And to average republican, I guess that for them, they aren't enough.

Guns deaths have taken the lead in children, and this is a fairly recent development. And, please, no crap about 'well, half those deaths are suicide' because,
simply because that stat isn't caused by fewer guns, let's be clear.

So I hope those of you second amendment 'cold dead hands' types are happy.

It sure isn't for the parents of those dead children whose lives have been ruined by your cherished 'second amendment'.

Personally, though America's second amendment was a necessary component of life in the frontiers of the late 18th century when the nation was founded, they could not have foreseen 233 years into the future to know of a modern urban landscape where weapons could kill hundreds of people in a relatively short period of time, that had they known, it is doubtful they would have confined the second amendment's langage to one compound sentence, whose actual meaning continues to be debated to this day.

It's time for a 28th Amendment to update the 2nd, a vertible 2nd Amendment 2.0, as it were, and as to what the new language would be, I'll let you guys duke it out, but it needs to be updated,

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
Come get them. Come to my house first.

Reducing the number of guns is a non-starter unless you are advocating gun confiscation.

There are ways. I don't deny that it would be a huge challenge, but I think that eventually people are going to get fed up with the carnage and demand not just something but a lot of measures to reduce the number of guns.

It is disingenuous to just attribute "gun violence" to guns. It takes an angry human operating the gun to create gun violence. Let's start there.

I understand those arguments - used to make it myself when my position was more in line with the NRA's years ago. I just don't buy it anymore. People need cars to drive, to get to a job and earn income, to pick up groceries and their kids from school.

It was the Militias that were necessary for the security of a free state. Co-opting the Colonial Militias of the day where every able bodied white male was required to join. The Militias have been written out of most of the recent SC court decisions in support the rights of the Weapons Industry to sell to the public. Though I suppose that a change in that precedent is just an new opinion away if the liberals ever get a majority on the court.
That would have happened had that Nazi Garland landed on SCOTUS

A. Cops act violently towards everyone (especially people of color) because they are taught that everyone is armed.

B. Making it harder for people with mental illness to have guns is GOING to reduce the number of gun deaths

C. Banning the sale of NEW assault weapon sales WILL reduce the number of mass murders

D. Propper registration for buying ALL guns is a MUST...

I recently bought another gun after some anti-gun asshole who was spouting anti-gun rhetoric and insults on here had me thinkin'...and I thought of somethin' I really wanted for a long time so I bought it! Hey! Thanks, liberal asshole! :hhello:You should work for a gun shop selling guns! You da MAN!

Lol

well regulated militia.jpeg

I understand those arguments - used to make it myself when my position was more in line with the NRA's years ago. I just don't buy it anymore. People need cars to drive, to get to a job and earn income, to pick up groceries and their kids from school.
It has nothing to do with the NRA. Gun violence is up because Americans are more violent and mentally ill. Are you going to stop the next mass shooting WHICH IS SURE TO OCCUR by banning AR-15 gun sales? No. We can't even have a logical discussion of the issue because Leftists won't let go of the ridiculous position that guns alone cause violence. That is absurd.

A. Cops act violently towards everyone (especially people of color) because they are taught that everyone is armed.

B. Making it harder for people with mental illness to have guns is GOING to reduce the number of gun deaths

C. Banning the sale of NEW assault weapon sales WILL reduce the number of mass murders

A. No
B. Yes
C. No
D. Hell No.

There are some 400 million guns in America, and if guns were making us safer, we'd be the safest place on earth, which America is not.

True.

It’s a fact that more guns doesn’t make us ‘safer.’

It’s also true that ‘banning’ guns won’t make us safer.

What also doesn’t make us safe is the right’s refusal to address the problem of gun crime and violence, resorting instead to lies and demagoguery about guns being ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated.’

"...Gun control is like a donut: there is no middle. On the one side you have people who love guns, and if you disagree with them, they’ll threaten to shoot you. On the other side you have people who detest guns, mainly out of fear of getting shot. It is an ideological death-match in which the voices of reason and compromise don’t seem to exist. Or if they do, no one can hear them over the sounds of the shouting and posturing
and the bumper-sticker slogans about cold dead hands." --"Matt" (anonymous) from his review of Adam Winkler's 'Gunfight, the Battle Over the Second Amendment in America"

And to average republican, I guess that for them, they aren't enough.

Guns deaths have taken the lead in children, and this is a fairly recent development. And, please, no crap about 'well, half those deaths are suicide' because,
simply because that stat isn't caused by fewer guns, let's be clear.

So I hope those of you second amendment 'cold dead hands' types are happy.

It sure isn't for the parents of those dead children whose lives have been ruined by your cherished 'second amendment'.

Personally, though America's second amendment was a necessary component of life in the frontiers of the late 18th century when the nation was founded, they could not have foreseen 233 years into the future to know of a modern urban landscape where weapons could kill hundreds of people in a relatively short period of time, that had they known, it is doubtful they would have confined the second amendment's langage to one compound sentence, whose actual meaning continues to be debated to this day.

It's time for a 28th Amendment to update the 2nd, a vertible 2nd Amendment 2.0, as it were, and as to what the new language would be, I'll let you guys duke it out, but it needs to be updated,

It's time.

Cheers,
Rumpole
The Founders couldn't see how technology could be used to instantly spread lies and propaganda like you do in assault mode.

Perhaps a waiting period on posting ignorant statements is in order.

True.

It’s a fact that more guns doesn’t make us ‘safer.’

It’s also true that ‘banning’ guns won’t make us safer.

What also doesn’t make us safe is the right’s refusal to address the problem of gun crime and violence, resorting instead to lies and demagoguery about guns being ‘banned’ and ‘confiscated.’
your premise is a lie,,,

when you come up with a law that a criminal will follow you let us know and we can talk about it,,

Funny how little machine guns contribute to the firearm homicide rate and gun crime in general.

Now why would that be?

It's a mystery all right...
Speaking of ignorant posts that should go on a waiting period.
Perhaps a background check also on the non American troll posting about a topic that has absolutely zero effect on their own life in another part of the globe.

None of that’s going to happen.

There’s no political will in Washington – and any such legislation if passed would be struck down by a Supreme Court dominated by conservative ideologues.

And a new AWB isn’t the answer, there are far too many assault weapons currently in circulation; moreover, bans simply don’t work – whether it’s abortion, Prohibition, drugs, or guns.

Forum List

Back