.45 Cal ACP Box of 50 is $36.00 ????

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
I went to Clark Brothers (guns) today to stock up on a few items. .45 cal auto low-grade, basic target grade rounds - $36.00 ?????? for 50 rounds ?????? A year ago they were $9.00 for the same deal. Obama is making it so law-abiding citizens can't even enjoy some casual target practice. Where is that fuck? On vacation, again?

Tell me about it. A twenty round box of .357 JHP for $40. Freakin $2 a round! Luckily I have a few hundred .38 wadcutters that I can still practice with that were bought before this idiotic nonsense started up.

Tell me about it. A twenty round box of .357 JHP for $40. Freakin $2 a round! Luckily I have a few hundred .38 wadcutters that I can still practice with that were bought before this idiotic nonsense started up.

That's what I was after - Wadcutters. Completely sold the fuck out.
Next shipment? They have no idea.

Gun control via making ammo incredibly expensive. What good is a gun with no bullets?

It certainly 'Splains why the Feds are buying up a huge portion of the ammo supply.

Time to start making my own, me thinks. They had a re-load kit for $325 - but have to deal with the primers, etc. Anyone reloading? Is it that difficult?

I went to Clark Brothers (guns) today to stock up on a few items. .45 cal auto low-grade, basic target grade rounds - $36.00 ?????? for 50 rounds ?????? A year ago they were $9.00 for the same deal. Obama is making it so law-abiding citizens can't even enjoy some casual target practice. Where is that fuck? On vacation, again?

He his following Chris Rock's advice to make bullets cost 5 thousand dollars apiece. The company raised the price knowing you gun nuts would blame Obana. Smart move on their part.

He his following Chris Rock's advice to make bullets cost 5 thousand dollars apiece. The company raised the price knowing you gun nuts would blame Obana. Smart move on their part.

I personally don't give a fuck what they cost, nutsack

If I am out, I'll buy more.

Just like gas. It's $4.95 a gallon so queers like you will by Prius'

No thanks.

I'll keep my F-350 and fill it up as needed.

See how that works, cumgurgler?

Seems the righties lack the IQ to understand the simple Econ 101 mechanics of supply and demand.

Really? Please explain the impact of Obamacare upon Supply by adding 30 million more people on the Demand Side while enacting price controls.

Seems the righties lack the IQ to understand the simple Econ 101 mechanics of supply and demand.

Really? Please explain the impact of Obamacare upon Supply by adding 30 million more people on the Demand Side while enacting price controls.

Demand goes up, supply stays the same, what do you think will happen to prices?

See why we say conservatives will be slow?

Edited to add: We're not talking healthcare here, we're talking the price of bullets.

Do try to keep up.

Last edited:

Demand goes up, supply stays the same, what do you think will happen to prices?

See why we say conservatives will be slow?

You are mistaken that we don't understand it, baldy. It's disgusting that you think the government should have the power to distort markets thusly.

30 rounds of 5.56 NATO I think was for around $56. And that was all there was. I wanted to shoot someone I know's gun. He told me when he finds more ammo.

Time to start making my own, me thinks. They had a re-load kit for $325 - but have to deal with the primers, etc. Anyone reloading? Is it that difficult?

No. The only real issue is knowing when to discard worn out casings. The resizing crushes the bullit sleave and as with any metal the back and forth motion of firing a round and forcing it back to a smaller size eventually developes cracks. Not a huge safety issue as with a high powered rifle cartridge but you will start to get jamming with a .45.

Lots of support for the allegation President Obama has raised the price of ammunition but I've yet to read how he has done so. Was an executive order issued, did he send drones out to intimate gun shops?

Lots of support for the allegation President Obama has raised the price of ammunition but I've yet to read how he has done so. Was an executive order issued, did he send drones out to intimate gun shops?
He buy up 1.6 Billion rounds of Ammo but let's just keep that between you and me ok? ;)

He buy up 1.6 Billion rounds of Ammo but let's just keep that between you and me ok? ;)

2 things-

do you have evidence to back up your 1.6 billion claim?
further, if that's the standing government order it shouldn't matter. what you should care about is if the supposed 1.6 billion is a significant increase over previous orders.

According to something I read from one of the mavens of the ammunitions industry, the ONLY thing making ammo scarce and driving up the cost of it, is the RUMORS that the gun queers believe that there is a shortage.

According to this guy (no I can't find the link) government isn't really puchasing more than normal....the civilian market DEFINITELY is, however.

Now you might ask why industry hasn't responded by increasing production.

He claimed that industry is already producing at full capacity, and they're not about to increase productive capacity because they KNOW this rumor is a passing fancy.

Obviously ya'll will believe what you want to believe, but some of you might remember the GREAT TOILET PAPER SHORTAGE that happens a decade or more ago?

That was ALSO entirely caused by a RUMOR that bore no relationship to reality.

Used to stop at Clark Brother on my way out to fish the Rapidan or Lake Anna great place.

Forum List

Back