48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

I can't see how rational people would choose what the democrats are offering because they don't like Trump as a person.
Once again, your reasoning is flawed because you're not paying attention.

His embarrassing behaviors and the ugly stain that is Trumpism come AFTER the fact that many of us disagree with him on...

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

This really doesn't need to be that complicated. But you need to listen and think a little.

I can't see how rational people would choose what the democrats are offering because they don't like Trump as a person.

His embarrassing behaviors and the ugly stain that is Trumpism come AFTER the fact that many of us disagree with him on...

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

This really doesn't need to be that complicated. But you need to listen and think a little.
On the issues, Trump isn't far removed from Bill Clinton.

You're lying out your ass....It's all about his being a bloward.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

Fine, what is the left offering that people should support? Don't just give a link to a platform. What do you believe working people want that democrats are offering? If it is all about the policies, then what besides higher taxes, energy costs, crime, and condemnation of all white people are democrats offering? Before you bash me for being lazy, your party is not exactly pushing any policy at the moment. None.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

Fine, what is the left offering that people should support? Don't just give a link to a platform. What do you believe working people want that democrats are offering? If it is all about the policies, then what besides higher taxes, energy costs, crime, and condemnation of all white people are democrats offering? Before you bash me for being lazy, your party is not exactly pushing any policy at the moment. None.
Do you realize you're on the internet? Why are you not curious enough to find out for yourself?

Why not listen to people who think differently than you instead of believing what you're TOLD they think?

This is on you, not me. YOU have to be CURIOUS for a change.

YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET.

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.
I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.
The problem is, if Trump wins again, the Dems STILL won't look in the mirror.

This is madness.
If the Dems lose and trump goes for another 4 then it’s rip for a third party to come in 2024. I’d love to see a strong play for that if that’s the situation
What do you need a third party for?...Better you purge your own party of the Marxist crackpots that are infesting it.
Because the Reps and Dems are too big, too powerful and too corrupt. People need to run on ideas and accomplishments not on a party line. We don’t need parties anymore except to raise millions of dollars to campaign with which is the root of the problem.
You have NFI what you're up against.

I worked with the Libertarian Party for two cycles...You'll never get your third party over the ballot access restrictions imposed by the states.....The LP spends millions and millions every year just to get on the ballot.

And the majors pepper them with frivolous lawsuits challenging that access. Combine that with 'reality tv' media, and there's not much hope. But - the real issue is the stupidity of voters. You simply can't maintain a democracy when voters are so easily manipulated.
This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.
The problem is, if Trump wins again, the Dems STILL won't look in the mirror.

This is madness.
If the Dems lose and trump goes for another 4 then it’s rip for a third party to come in 2024. I’d love to see a strong play for that if that’s the situation
What do you need a third party for?...Better you purge your own party of the Marxist crackpots that are infesting it.
Because the Reps and Dems are too big, too powerful and too corrupt. People need to run on ideas and accomplishments not on a party line. We don’t need parties anymore except to raise millions of dollars to campaign with which is the root of the problem.
You have NFI what you're up against.

I worked with the Libertarian Party for two cycles...You'll never get your third party over the ballot access restrictions imposed by the states.....The LP spends millions and millions every year just to get on the ballot.
It’s gotta be a Perot, Cuban, Bloomberg type with the cash to do it and they have to run on Campaign reform to break up the Rs and Ds
Perot was a one-off and the hurdles in many states are even higher now because of his candidacy....The debates are now closed to anyone but (R) & (D) because of him.

I worked in the trenches, while you're spitballing on a message board....You have next to zero chance of getting any new third party on enough ballots to do anything.
I never said I was working to do that I just said I think it would be a great thing for our country if we elected somebody outside of the Reps or Dems and ran our elections in a different way

Republicans are doing that. Trump is different. The big State Republicans went to the Democrats and Republicans drew people like me in who hadn't been voting for them in decades. It's a new game.

On the other hand, you are supporting the party that's still run, run pass and punt that you're saying you'd like to change
No thanks to changing towards Trumps toxic America.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

It's all about the "wingers" and "triblaists" with Mac the Hack.....Right up to the point that he throws in with his tribe.

He even said so himself...He's not going to his tribe because Biden has the issues, it's because ORANGE MAN BAD!

He's as big a phony as you will find.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

It's all about the "wingers" and "triblaists" with Mac the Hack.....Right up to the point that he throws in with his tribe.

He even said so himself...He's not going to his tribe because Biden has the issues, it's because ORANGE MAN BAD!

And there's another one.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

Do you realize you're on the internet? Why are you not curious enough to find out for yourself?

Why not listen to people who think differently than you instead of believing what you're TOLD they think?

YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET.
That's it, really? I'm CURIOUS why your party is not leading with ANY policy in a campaign year.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET.
That's it, really? I'm CURIOUS why your party is not leading with ANY policy in a campaign year.
This is why I don't bother.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET.
There you have it....

Even he doesn't know THE ISSUES that he's supposedly supporting, to the extent that he'll tell you about them....It's up to you to Google it and presume that's what he's all about.

Not just a phony, but a fucking coward to boot.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

And there's another one.
Another one calling your ass out............lmao

Sometimes you get it right........good job.....lol

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

And there's another one.
"Another one" what, asshole?

Another one who is taking you at your own word, and telling others what you're about, so you can't play the cryptic passive-aggressive chameleon game that you try to play?

Yep...I'm certainly another one of those.

I agree that elections are about contrasts, but I'm curious what you believe the left is offering people. As far as I can tell, the democrats only have one viable policy which is healthcare. That is a problem, especially when you think about who actually needs more government involvement in healthcare. With medicare and medicaid, who exactly is the target for further involvement? Add in the fact that democrats are pushing that ALL white people are racists, and causing spikes in violent crime, what again are democrats offering working people? It gets even worse when democrats are promising to raise taxes during a recovery and plan to raise the costs of energy. I can't see how rational people would choose what the democrats are offering because they don't like Trump as a person.

More than likely Biden will undo every great thing Trump has done to slow down illegal immigration. He already said the day he gets into the White House is the day the wall stops being built. That statement alone tells us where he's at on that subject.

.... ready? ....

THE ISSUES.

YOU'RE ON THE INTERNET.
There you have it....

Even he doesn't know THE ISSUES that he's supposedly supporting, to the extent that he'll tell you about them....It's up to you to Google it and presume that's what he's all about.

Not just a phony, but a fucking coward to boot.
He's on the ropes.......finish him...:auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:

Trump Derangement syndrome does terrible things to people.

First, it renders them incapable of distinguishing between personality and policy. Next, it destroys the logic circuits of the brain to the point they are incapable of rational discourse.

In its advanced stages, it renders its victim as little more than a bull flailing about in front of a red flag, mindlessly lashing out against common sense.

Sad, really.

Yeah I don't get it either. Maybe America in the recesses of our collective soul is as fascistic and authoritarian as any banana republic. Democracy is no longer reliably producing rich, white plutocratic politicians so it must be time to destroy it.

Once again we are a representative republic.

Did you stutter? Or do you not know that a republic means representative government? We are a Representative Democracy in that we elect our representatives and we are also a constitutional democracy in which we have a judicial system to protect our rights.

Well, it's not just that. Biden is a long time DC insider with a history of saying stupid things, he's accomplishing nothing personally except the crime bill he keeps apologizing for and now he farts dust. And while you may think you're getting him past his racist comments by ignoring them and they don't bother you, I think they do more damage than you realize
And with all of that, he is still five times better than Trump

Yes, Will, McCain, Romney, Kasich are hardly conservatives. If they said they weren't going to vote for Trump that's one thing, but voting for Biden is another. What a pathetic lot. They went from my disagreeing with them to their being Commie scum who are voting and endorsing an America hating Marxist. You know, like you. Who the hell is "Army?"
They certainly conservatives in line with Reagan and Goldwater, indeed. Disagreement with Trump is Americanism, not 'commie scum.' There are no Marxists in America as you describe. I do believe the far right of the GOP is awash with cultural fascism.

I'm just laughing at you now. Kascich and Romney are like Reagan? You're completely delusional
You have no concept what is Americanism if you doubt that Kasich and Romney have far more in common than the national populist Trump with Reagan.

Democrats crowed about the EC in 2012 when Obama won re-election. Then they melted down about it in 2016 when Trump won. Their indignation is totally driven by circumstance.

Why would they crow about it. Obama won the Popular vote handily....

I don't want PV and would never want it regardless of how elections turned out. That would just be tyranny of the majority

And so? As opposed to what, the tyranny of the minority?

I trust the people to get these things right, thank you... You clearly don't.
People like you should not have their votes equal to people like me. We need to change that.
The power of the states' minority vote to obstruct will change. In fact, the NPV will law of the land by 2024.

You you going to pull that off, Fakey Jakey?
The same way that McMullen pulled off Utah in 2016!.....Oh wait. :laugh2:
You are right that 2016 has nothing to do with 2020.

Trump is busily throwing the state away all by himself. If he loses the LDS, who think he is terribly immoral, he can't win.

The voters are waiting for the wink from the First Presidency.

Forum List

Back