48%: The Democratic Party needs to face an ugly reality

This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

This should be a learning experience, but I'm doubtful.

The Democrats certainly have a gift for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory!
Yeah. But this is unforgivable. Not against this creature.

Trump only won Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconson & Minnesota by less than 1% in 1026.

If Biden does just a tiny bit better than Clinton, and Trump does a tiny bit worse than he did in 2016, It'll be a Biden landslide.

You have NFI what you're blabbering about.

Röhm was a homo, which went against everything the eugenics of the Master Race was about...Had to be eliminated.

Actually, Hitler had no problem with Roehm's homosexuality... Roehm was about the closest thing that Hitler had to a friend in the NSDAP... He was one of the few people who called him, "Adolf" instead of "Mein Fuhrer".

Strasser was a direct political rival working with Kurt von Schliecher, and needed to be eliminated....That's how purges work.

JFC, even your understanding of history is one ling string of fucking fairy tales.

Strasser was a member of the NSDAP, one of the founding members, in fact. The thing was, Schliecher was a left-winger hoping to split the Right and Left halves of NSDAP to weaken it... By the time he was murdered, Strasser was out of politics altogether... Hitler just purged him out of spite.

My understanding of history was good enough to get me a degree from UIC. What do you have?

Argument from authority fallacy. Do you know what you're talking about or not? Your degree is not relevant
He doesn't.

I've studied the era extensively on my own in my younger days....I typed out the facts as I understood them, before "cheating" and checking them against Wiki.

Joe is, as per usual, totally full of shit.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
This is just a guess, of course, but somewhere around 48% of those who vote in November will be voting for Donald Trump. Without going into the laundry list of obvious examples or any of the standard talking points, there are certainly plenty of reasons not to. Yet he has a perfectly reasonable chance of winning.

Right now, polls show that about 43% of Americans approve of the job he's doing. This, after everything that has happened, and that number should be a very sobering indication of where this country is right now. Personally, I try to understand how these people can do this, but I still only understand some of it.

Anyway, here's the point: Elections are about contrasts. Choices. How can that many people support this disaster of a person? For many of them, they're looking at the alternative. And when those who provide their information and opinions for them point at things like PC and Identity Politics and Cancel Culture and an overall culture in decay, they can make reasonable points not to vote for the Democratic party. Even with, amazingly, this profoundly damaged person in the White House.

It's certainly too late to make any changes before November, but the Democratic party had a chance to take over the middle, and I don't see that happening. There is no excuse, zero, none, for the race to be this close. Regardless of who wins, the Democrats have too often allowed the wrong voices to represent them. It allows the Trumpsters to tie all the silliest crap coming from the hardcore Left to the milquetoast, feeble Biden.

The Democrats certainly have a gift for snatching defeat out of the jaws of victory!

Trump only won Florida, Pennsylvania, Wisconson & Minnesota by less than 1% in 1026.

If Biden does just a tiny bit better than Clinton, and Trump does a tiny bit worse than he did in 2016, It'll be a Biden landslide.
I know that I went to bed that night assuming Trump was beaten.

So I'll believe it when I see it. :laugh:

Annnnd.... once AGAIN... you speak totally from a left prospective, while pretending to be providing a centered argument.
The crux of your little post is simple:... Stupid fucking people will vote for Trump. Not every one is fucking stupid. The Democrats should be able to attract people who aren't so stupid. But they didn't.

And in your world.... that is an objective question/argument.
Holy cow

It certainly lines up with the evidence. I don't think there's anything particularly smart about voting for Biden, but Trump's anti-intellectualism and confused rhetoric make it pretty hard for intelligent people to sign on. Not saying they don't - lesser-of-two-evils prompts otherwise smart people to do all kinds of idiotic shit (like voting for Biden for example), but it's pretty obvious that the educated elite aren't Trump's base.
There is a big portion of the educated elite are trumps bases despite the fact he is a flaming idiot... they support him because he has more policies that will make them more money. Plain and simple

Biden isn’t there for groundbreaking ideas.His biggest asset is his relationships in congress and ability to unite. People who want our government to start working together instead of fighting like school
Children doing nothing should support Biden

WTF? When has Biden done anything inclusive? The guy is a total divider and hate monger
He has worked with Republicans his whole career. You haven’t paid attention

He hasn't worked with Republicans for 15 years. It's irrelevant what he did in the 90s.

Obviously I'm talking modern day. Biden is a total divider, a hate filled leftist demagogue
I don’t believe you

Annnnd.... once AGAIN... you speak totally from a left prospective, while pretending to be providing a centered argument.
The crux of your little post is simple:... Stupid fucking people will vote for Trump. Not every one is fucking stupid. The Democrats should be able to attract people who aren't so stupid. But they didn't.

And in your world.... that is an objective question/argument.
Holy cow

It certainly lines up with the evidence. I don't think there's anything particularly smart about voting for Biden, but Trump's anti-intellectualism and confused rhetoric make it pretty hard for intelligent people to sign on. Not saying they don't - lesser-of-two-evils prompts otherwise smart people to do all kinds of idiotic shit (like voting for Biden for example), but it's pretty obvious that the educated elite aren't Trump's base.
There is a big portion of the educated elite are trumps bases despite the fact he is a flaming idiot... they support him because he has more policies that will make them more money. Plain and simple

Biden isn’t there for groundbreaking ideas.His biggest asset is his relationships in congress and ability to unite. People who want our government to start working together instead of fighting like school
Children doing nothing should support Biden

WTF? When has Biden done anything inclusive? The guy is a total divider and hate monger
He has worked with Republicans his whole career. You haven’t paid attention

He hasn't worked with Republicans for 15 years. It's irrelevant what he did in the 90s.

Obviously I'm talking modern day. Biden is a total divider, a hate filled leftist demagogue
I don’t believe you

Right, you like what the leftist on your side is saying just fine, that totally makes him a uniter to you, you're totally in!

Yeah...after 2016 we all have the woolies.....

There's all sorts of insider trading going on in congress....It transcends party affiliation....Stopped being shocking back in the 1990s.

"Oddball justifies his side's criminal behavior by lying about how everyone does it. Film at 11."

That's a common way in which conservatives justify their immoral behavior. They make up a story that the liberals are doing it too, which forced them to be criminals as well.

Needless to say, liberals don't do the "Waaa! The other side made me do the crime!" thing. It's part of being an adult and taking responsibility, so the conservatives here won't be able to understand.

Another meltdown? This afternoon isn't going well for you, is it drama queen?
Why are you trolling? No one is melting down, and the Dems are ecstatic they are slowly pulling away from the Pubs and Trump.

Dems are pulling away? What color is the sky in your world?

And try not to cry, Jake. Steady nerves there
I know it is hard for you, but there it is: the Dems are pulling away.

It is good to see that McSally will lose in Arizona, which appears to be going blue. Tuberville in AL will balance with defeating Jones.

It's going to be a very good election for the Dems.
Maybe if you burn down a few more of your cities it will put you over the top. If you burn your cities and keep your states locked down until the election, you can have it all locked up.

Yeah...after 2016 we all have the woolies.....

Maybe repeating the plan and going from Hillary to Biden wasn't the best move then

I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.
The problem is, if Trump wins again, the Dems STILL won't look in the mirror.

This is madness.
If the Dems lose and trump goes for another 4 then it’s rip for a third party to come in 2024. I’d love to see a strong play for that if that’s the situation
What do you need a third party for?...Better you purge your own party of the Marxist crackpots that are infesting it.
Because the Reps and Dems are too big, too powerful and too corrupt. People need to run on ideas and accomplishments not on a party line. We don’t need parties anymore except to raise millions of dollars to campaign with which is the root of the problem.
You have NFI what you're up against.

I worked with the Libertarian Party for two cycles...You'll never get your third party over the ballot access restrictions imposed by the states.....The LP spends millions and millions every year just to get on the ballot.

And the majors pepper them with frivolous lawsuits challenging that access. Combine that with 'reality tv' media, and there's not much hope. But - the real issue is the stupidity of voters. You simply can't maintain a democracy when voters are so easily manipulated.

I’ve been talking to a lot of Republicans about this and I actually hear a lot of them say that they really don’t like the man Trump is or how he acts, but they dislike the Dems even more as they don’t believe in many of their extreme policy objectives. So they are voting for Trump because of the common enemy not because they support all he does and says.

I think you’re right about the way the wings play into this. If the Dems go hard on the progressive causes... anti-gun, PC, cancel culture, raising taxes, regulating energy etc they are going to isolate many swing voters and push them into Trumps camp.

This is madness.
If the Dems lose and trump goes for another 4 then it’s rip for a third party to come in 2024. I’d love to see a strong play for that if that’s the situation
What do you need a third party for?...Better you purge your own party of the Marxist crackpots that are infesting it.
Because the Reps and Dems are too big, too powerful and too corrupt. People need to run on ideas and accomplishments not on a party line. We don’t need parties anymore except to raise millions of dollars to campaign with which is the root of the problem.

I worked with the Libertarian Party for two cycles...You'll never get your third party over the ballot access restrictions imposed by the states.....The LP spends millions and millions every year just to get on the ballot.
It’s gotta be a Perot, Cuban, Bloomberg type with the cash to do it and they have to run on Campaign reform to break up the Rs and Ds
Perot was a one-off and the hurdles in many states are even higher now because of his candidacy....The debates are now closed to anyone but (R) & (D) because of him.

I worked in the trenches, while you're spitballing on a message board....You have next to zero chance of getting any new third party on enough ballots to do anything.
I never said I was working to do that I just said I think it would be a great thing for our country if we elected somebody outside of the Reps or Dems and ran our elections in a different way

I don't care near as much about what ANY politician says as much as what they DO.
Trump's actions, policies and results is not that bad... in fact, pretty good compared to the past 3 Presidents at least.
Trump's speaking style is atrocious. He is also an egomaniac. But what he actually DOES is another thing.
Biden doesn't even answer his own questions in live interviews, he reads what other people tell him to answer. You cool with that?

This is madness.

And the majors pepper them with frivolous lawsuits challenging that access. Combine that with 'reality tv' media, and there's not much hope. But - the real issue is the stupidity of voters. You simply can't maintain a democracy when voters are so easily manipulated.

This is madness.

It’s gotta be a Perot, Cuban, Bloomberg type with the cash to do it and they have to run on Campaign reform to break up the Rs and Ds
Perot was a one-off and the hurdles in many states are even higher now because of his candidacy....The debates are now closed to anyone but (R) & (D) because of him.

I worked in the trenches, while you're spitballing on a message board....You have next to zero chance of getting any new third party on enough ballots to do anything.
I never said I was working to do that I just said I think it would be a great thing for our country if we elected somebody outside of the Reps or Dems and ran our elections in a different way

Republicans are doing that. Trump is different. The big State Republicans went to the Democrats and Republicans drew people like me in who hadn't been voting for them in decades. It's a new game.

On the other hand, you are supporting the party that's still run, run pass and punt that you're saying you'd like to change

This is madness.

They've allowed their party to be run over with marxist communist idiots and then tell us we need a third party. Yeah, that's exactly right. They need to purge their own depraved idiots and there are a lot of them.
The republicans are just as bad as the Dems.

Two parties and by your own admission, you see as equally as bad and which of the two will you vote for?
In this election I’ll vote for Biden. Last election I did a write in

I don't care near as much about what ANY politician says as much as what they DO.
Trump's actions, policies and results is not that bad... in fact, pretty good compared to the past 3 Presidents at least.
Trump's speaking style is atrocious. He is also an egomaniac. But what he actually DOES is another thing.
Biden doesn't even answer his own questions in live interviews, he reads what other people tell him to answer. You cool with that?

The teleprompter for Biden on questions to the public is truly bizarre, isn't it? And he looked like a pigeon waiting for a piece of bread waiting for his answer to appear. He obviously had no idea what to say until the teleprompter came up with his answer. Absolutely amazing

This is madness.

This is madness.

And I'm telling you that it's a total pipe dream.....The (D)s and (R)s have erected enough barriers so as to make the prospect next to impossible.

That you can make a statement like that is a tribute to your brainwashing. You are nothing but a weak minded cult member.
^^^ a cult member statement

The fact is that Trump is around 43% and Biden is doing much better at this point in the campaign than did Clinton.

If Trump does not wake up and do something magnificent, Biden and the Dems are going to sweep.

LOL, the Polls are lying again, sorry.

The teleprompter for Biden on questions to the public is truly bizarre, isn't it? And he looked like a pigeon waiting for a piece of bread waiting for his answer to appear. He obviously had no idea what to say until the teleprompter came up with his answer. Absolutely amazing
Teleprompter to answer questions that this handlers know are coming ahead of time.

He can't even pull that off.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Teleprompter to answer questions that this handlers know are coming ahead of time.

He can't even pull that off.

Yep. He looked totally lost waiting for the teleprompter. Imagine if it hadn't come up with his answer eventually

Forum List

Back