🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

5 Moslems shot dead in mosque

Again, lamentable news coverage. We know the age of one shooter, the make of one firearm, the number killed, but nothing else? How did they come to arrest the two in custody? How did they decide this was 'terrorist' and not 'merely' murder? This is why all the speculation and name-calling is so silly - we don't know Jack, or any of his friends!

They are no doubt trying to figure out what the "official" story will be. Trudeau has to do as much damage control as possible if it's a Muslim perp. They have to get their narrative straight so they don't look like total idiots for embracing Islam.

Some reports elsewhere say it was some white supremacist assholes. As if all Muslims are black? Total psychos!!!

Yes; more will come out soon I hope.

btw: We had a nutter recently in Melbourne; a fifth person died the other day.

What we know about Bourke St fatalities

The scum did a copy-cat of Isis inspired vehicle murders. He's just a copycat nutter though. I'm wondering why Trudeau jumped to the "terrorist attack" mode? Maybe Trump should include Canada on his banned list?

Greg

Some reports elsewhere say it was some white supremacist assholes. As if all Muslims are black? Total psychos!!!

The scum did a copy-cat of Isis inspired vehicle murders. He's just a copycat nutter though. I'm wondering why Trudeau jumped to the "terrorist attack" mode? Maybe Trump should include Canada on his banned list?

Greg

Trudeau's goons are probably offering the perp a truckload of cash to say "Trump inspired me".

Embracing any ideology, philosophy, religion, etc. to the point of killing people simply because they don't think the same way is worse than idiotic. Come at my wife and I might kill you. Come at my weltanshauung, and I will destroy you with debate.

Greg

Trudeau's goons are probably offering the perp a truckload of cash to say "Trump inspired me".

Maybe Trudeau should build a wall on the US border?

Greg

I'm not ready to believe that one of the shooters said "Allahu Akbar" quite yet, though that story is spreading slowly (which is a lot more typical of a truth than of a fake news story.)

Can't be...Canada has strict gun control. Must be a misreported story.
Just because we have a gun control ban doesn't mean there are no guns. Hunting weapons aren't banned, but large magazine semi-automatic rifles are.
That's the point of gun control, it doesnt work.
Never has.
The experience of every other developed country is easily cast aside by slack jawed yokels regurgitating echoes from the chamber that 'gun control doesn't work'.

It's who is in control of a gun that counts. A firearm by itself is an object. A person holding one is an event. I like the quotation attributed to Clint Eastwood to the effect that he has a strict firearms control policy; if there's one near him, he wants to be in control of it. Personally, I'm satisfied just to look at it to make sure it's unloaded.

I'm not ready to believe that one of the shooters said "Allahu Akbar" quite yet, though that story is spreading slowly (which is a lot more typical of a truth than of a fake news story.)

I'm not prepared to accept ANYTHING until the court cases.

Greg

Greg

Maybe a reduced sentence?

Greg

Just because we have a gun control ban doesn't mean there are no guns. Hunting weapons aren't banned, but large magazine semi-automatic rifles are.
Never has.
The experience of every other developed country is easily cast aside by slack jawed yokels regurgitating echoes from the chamber that 'gun control doesn't work'.

You stupid, bru!!!

Greg

So where on this chart did Canada institute gun control?

homicide-rates-in-the-united-states-1950-2010-and-canada-1961-2009-pinker-2011-jpg.jpg

What they don't tell you is these other developed countries had far lower homicide rates BEFORE they instituted strict gun control...

Random aside - I was reading through the history of some of Canada's "human rights" laws and I found this tid-bit:

After the Communist Party of Canada (CPC) was charged and convicted in 1931 with seditious conspiracy and being an "unlawful organization" under Section 98 of the Criminal Code, hundreds of members of the party were deported under Section 40 and 41 of the Immigration Act, often to countries where they could be tortured or executed for their political beliefs.

Damn... Apparently Canadian's /do/ get angry, and it's all kinds of dark heh

Never has.

What experience is that? Several countries in Europe allow gun ownership, and they have far lower firearm homicides than the US.
Why are Idaho's gun deaths so low compared to the rest of the US?

Gun violence has nothing to do with gun laws, and everything to do with minority population rates. The US's "gun violence" rates would be as low as most any European country if you discount all the black and Latino gun violence crimes.

But, those facts are easily cast aside by slack jawed progressives who can are incapable of looking at issues objectively.

Nazi tactics .. this time it's Muslims instead of Jews.
Yeah, those Jews were crashing airplanes and blowing up civilians and setting roadside bombs for decades so they had it coming.

Yes they were. They were the terrorists of the Middle East when they first arrived and appropriated the land they now call Isreal from the Palestinians who owned it. There has been brutality on all sides there. Israel and its Arab neighbours have been fighting an endless war over the Partition of Isreal.

The Israeli's have taken the Old Testament mantra of "An eye for an eye" to great extremes in dealing with Palestian terrorism. There's grievances on both side to be sure but the whole area has always been a hotbed of tribalism, and brutality. It would be best to just leave them all to kill one another, as far as I'm concerned. No good has ever come of messing around in the area.

The US managed to achieve independence from Middle Eastern oil under President Obama, so that you can abandon these fools to their endless wars, and get the hell out.
And you're suggesting that all of that post-WWII stuff is what inspired Hitler and the Nazis?

Forum List

Back