🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

5 most difficult promises for Trump to keep

With our crumbling infrastructure, there is a lot more that can be done than building the Great Wall of Trump

Projects that actually help Americans

Yeah, like the nearly $1 trillion dollar failed Obama Stimulus bill that contained over 7,000 pieces of DNC-Only DNC-benefitting PORK, that included such 'needed' spending as Millionaire Diane Feinstein's husband getting a no-interest / no-pay-back loan from the tax payers to save his bankrupting business, a grant for a research project studying why the sex life of homosexual Argentinian men is better than heterosexual American men, training alcoholic Chinese prostitutes how to drink more responsible on duty (links to all have previously been posted), and let's not forget the NON-Existent shovel-ready projects that never existed, which Barry was embarrassingly forced to admit to the country. And according to the Congressional Budget office almost no serious 'infrastructure rebuilding projects' were accomplished and the cost of EACH job Barry claimed to have created / saved came to approx. $774,000.

Money DAMN-WELL spent in a bad economy / recession.

:rolleyes:

Now Trump and Pence are suggesting the same thing, promising that THEIR government spending would be more responsible and productive...because they are trying to convince us that the government can spend your money in a fiscally responsible way...says the guys who belong to the group that spent approx. $500 per hammer in the past.

I don't care who wants to do it, I don't care what politician believes they know how to spend your money better than you do, I am extremely pessimistic , and past performance says no matter who it is they are full of shit.

The Stimulus worked and reversed an economic collapse. The only problem was that it should have been twice as large. That would have enabled a quicker recovery

Only problem was that idiot Republicans insisted on austerity at a time we were trying to rescue the economy

I'm not aware of anything showing the portion of the Obama stimulus going to "shovel ready" projects for short term jobs really made a difference, or much of a difference. Of course that was only a portion of the bill, maybe a third. The feds increased money to states to keep employing cops, nurses, teachers, etc, and that held down unemployment. States have to have balanced budgets. The feds also extended UI benefits, which kept families with unemployed workers in houses and buying stuff, and that was a stimulus with the multiplier effect because every dollar the feds expended went to consumer spending.

The crash was caused by substandard loans being packaged and sold by banks as prime credit debt. Both parties had a role in that. Lenders were allowed to make unsustainable loans and then lie about it to investors buying the loans. But it wasn't because of poor people. Poor people don't crash economies .... because they are poor. LOL

I always love how the right tries to blame poor people for the economic crash. It was loans to poor people that destroyed our economy. In fact, the poor in this country have so little wealth that they wouldn't make a blip

Those mortgages were being packaged for all homeowners. I received 2-3 calls a week urging me to refinance and take advantage of the newfound equity in my home. It was the greedy capitalists that crashed the economy, not the poor people

Looks like we are headed down the same path as Republicans look to gut Dodd Frank
Reason #84,546 why Trump is moving into the White House next month.
Well, what will the gop do to prevent the loan fraud that occurred on W's and Greenspan's watches? That's the question. The dems sought to prevent banks from using Investor funds from buying debt. That is, if you or I buy Goldman Sachs stock, we take the risk GS will lose money and our stock will fall, but we shouldn't be able to buy debt unless that debt is carried on it's books as a totally separate corporate animal. The Gop says "no problemo so long as the debt is adequately capitalized. That didn't work last time because it turned out that every banking house was capitalizing it's risk with stock in OTHER BANKING HOUSES.

Stimulus reversed an impending depression
The failed Stimulus bill, nearly $1 trillion in 1 shot, 'reversed' the impending depression, creating one of if not THE longest recoveries in our history where he failed to get 3% growth his entire Presidency?! Ok....

:p
Ever since we went supply side, recoveries have been getting weaker. The dems at least identified the culprit - lack of consumer demand. And Donald plane a tax cut giving the .1% a million each and 50K folks $1000

I always love how the right tries to blame poor people for the economic crash.
Who the hell are blaming the citizens of the United States for the fiscally irresponsible and often criminal actions of our elected officials? I pointed out how the GOVERNMENT misused nearly $1 Trillion dollars in tax money at 1 shot through a 'Jobs Bill' that contained over 7,000 pieces of pork and ended up costing approx. $774,000 PER JOB claimed to have been created / saved. I pointed out how hundreds of millions of tax dollars were stolen from tax payers and given to donors who invested in Solyndra and 12 other bankrupting businesses WHILE they were going bankrupt so the donors would not lose THEIR money. I pointed out how Obama STOLE $500 million in tax dollars - claiming it was for Zika, only to find out on his own he gave it to the UN for their new Global initiative.

The American people - the poor - had no part, no choice in all of that.

jobs_recov.png
Stimulus went to the wealthy and increased the economic gap of Americans.

Doesn't it always?

The wealthy recovered quickly from the collapse. Working Americans are still recovering

Who the hell are blaming the citizens of the United States for the fiscally irresponsible and often criminal actions of our elected officials? I pointed out how the GOVERNMENT misused nearly $1 Trillion dollars in tax money at 1 shot through a 'Jobs Bill' that contained over 7,000 pieces of pork and ended up costing approx. $774,000 PER JOB claimed to have been created / saved. I pointed out how hundreds of millions of tax dollars were stolen from tax payers and given to donors who invested in Solyndra and 12 other bankrupting businesses WHILE they were going bankrupt so the donors would not lose THEIR money. I pointed out how Obama STOLE $500 million in tax dollars - claiming it was for Zika, only to find out on his own he gave it to the UN for their new Global initiative.

jobs_recov.png

Doesn't it always?

The wealthy recovered quickly from the collapse. Working Americans are still recovering
And the workers who lost homes are never going to recover, because for most of us our one real asset that we just MIGHT be able to leave our kids is a paid off house.

The failed Stimulus bill, nearly $1 trillion in 1 shot, 'reversed' the impending depression, creating one of if not THE longest recoveries in our history where he failed to get 3% growth his entire Presidency?! Ok....

If you wanted a quicker recovery, Stimulus needed to be $1.5 trillion

One of the biggest contributors to the slow recovery was Republican demands for austerity at a time the economy desperately needed investment

No, there just needed to be LESS (if not none at all) than 7,000 pieces of pork that took money away from actually trying to help create jobs and help the recovery.

One of the biggest contributors to the slow recovery was Republican demands for austerity at a time the economy desperately needed investment
Democrats had a super majority. Why did they intentionally prolong the recovery then?

Money spent building dog parks. Yeah, a real long term economic plan.
Obama stimulus funds spent on DC dog parks

Obama spent $1 trillion on dog parks?

The bastard!
The thread contains a lot of details about actions of members of Congress with D after their name linked to the cause of the recession. I'm still waiting to hear what Bush did to cause the recession.

I believe the Great Bush Recession of 2008 was due to happen anyway. It was Bush's decision to let it run its course that made it worse. Thankfully, President Obama came in and made decisive actions that prevented the Great Bush Recession from turning into the Great Bush Depression

It's possible that a direct stimulus of federal dollars would have ended the recession by creating consumer demand. But it's politically not sustainable.

Recoveries have gotten weaker post-Reagan because there is less consumer demand because workers make less compared to how much capital earns with supply side economics, and the decline of unions. Workers simply don't have the leverage to get pay raises as they once did. And emplioyers have every reason to cut labor costs whenever possible.

Donald won really on his promise that "he'd make America [;s workers] great again." The voters than pushed him over the top in the mid-west were Obama voters. But his policies thus far are another supply side tax cut and increased spending NOT on entitlements.

The progressives' solution (which the dems did NOT enact) is to tax the .1% and 1% to a lesser degree to pay for more entitlements.

...and I suggest that pork spending should all but be outlawed. To pack a bill supposedly being written to help a struggling, near-depression economy with fiscally criminally self-serving / wasteful spending - especially 7,000 pieces of it - is ludicrous! It's like a bunch of uncontrolled frat boys who stumbles across a ton of cash - they spent and wasted like drunken sailors...at tax-payer expense.

The 5 Easiest and 5 Most Difficult Promises for Donald Trump to Keep

Prevent American companies from moving jobs to other countries.

Companies move to other countries to pursue higher profits, and Mr. Trump cannot force them to stay. The question is whether he can make it profitable to do so. It is difficult because labor is much cheaper in other countries. Carrier pays workers at its Indiana factory an average hourly wage of $23 — roughly four times what it plans to pay workers with the same jobs in Mexico.

Mr. Trump has promised tax cuts and regulatory relief, but those are minor expenses for most companies, particularly in comparison to their payrolls. Mr. Trump also has threatened to impose new taxes on imports, but he cannot target particular companies. Any such tariffs would have to be broad — and therefore broadly painful.

It's good that you are giving a man whom you viciously slander at every opportunity advice on what to do. I mean, he ought to listen to your master, shitflinger..

:rofl:

The bastard!

president-barack-obama-walks-the-first-familys-dog-as-he-arrives-at-picture-id102062888
90% of the money went into government and education sectors where employment was already high. Only 10% went to infrastructure.
Porkulus examples: $783,000 was spent on a study of why young people consume malt liquor and marijuana. $92,000 went to the Army Corps of Engineers for costumes for mascots like Bobber the Water Safety Dog. $219,000 funded a study of college "hookups." $1.5 million dollars distributed to the University of California San Francisco to study erectile dysfunction. $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie productions.

jobs_recov.png

Doesn't it always?

Why do the left hate the lower and middle class Americans?

The bastard!
The thread contains a lot of details about actions of members of Congress with D after their name linked to the cause of the recession. I'm still waiting to hear what Bush did to cause the recession.

I believe the Great Bush Recession of 2008 was due to happen anyway. It was Bush's decision to let it run its course that made it worse. Thankfully, President Obama came in and made decisive actions that prevented the Great Bush Recession from turning into the Great Bush Depression
So you can't list one thing Bush did to cause the recession either.
Yep, it is obvious Democrats were to blame.

[

This is not a difficult promise to keep. It's almost impossible.
I don't think Mexico wants to pay for a border wall! :eusa_think:

That has been explained a thousand times. Mexico will pay for the wall indirectly. The wall is estimated to cost $25 billion. In 2015, illegals sent $22 billion BACK to Mexico as they were paid by Americans to drain our economy. Simply halting the wire transfers for a year pays for the wall.

The cost of incarcerating illegal alien criminals is about $175 billion each year. A wall which keeps even 15% of these criminals from entering is fully funded.

Invest in infrastructure to create jobs.

Mr. Trump will find bipartisan support in Congress for his proposal to create jobs and stimulate the economy by building and repairing highways, bridges, water systems and other public works. But many Republicans may balk at a big spending program that adds to the federal budget deficit.

Some Democrats will resist Mr. Trump’s proposal to offer tax breaks to private companies in return for infrastructure investments, notably because the federal government is able to borrow money at exceptionally low rates. Democrats are also likely to resist efforts to waive environmental rules or prevailing-wage protections for construction projects.

I think both parties support the idea that investing in infrastructure is a good idea

It is long overdue and conditions could not be better. Construction bonds can be issues at near record low rates and wages are still low. Our infrastructure (transportation, power, communications) needs to be repaired and upgraded to modern standards

But given the inability of Congress to agree on things that they actually agree on, it is unlikely we will be able to institute anything of merit

Forum List

Back