🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

5 most difficult promises for Trump to keep

Money spent building dog parks. Yeah, a real long term economic plan.
Obama stimulus funds spent on DC dog parks

Obama spent $1 trillion on dog parks?

The bastard!

president-barack-obama-walks-the-first-familys-dog-as-he-arrives-at-picture-id102062888
90% of the money went into government and education sectors where employment was already high. Only 10% went to infrastructure.
Porkulus examples: $783,000 was spent on a study of why young people consume malt liquor and marijuana. $92,000 went to the Army Corps of Engineers for costumes for mascots like Bobber the Water Safety Dog. $219,000 funded a study of college "hookups." $1.5 million dollars distributed to the University of California San Francisco to study erectile dysfunction. $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie productions.
Without the money, state universities, hospitals, public schools, law enforcement, fire fighters, transportation workers (think roads railway and ports) would all be laying off. States would have had to gut everything to keep their often largest expenditure - Medicaid - to keep the federal match dollars.

Your point sort of makes the case that the bill was TOO SMALL in terms of infrastructure construction to be a sufficient Keynesian stimulus.

The bastard!
The thread contains a lot of details about actions of members of Congress with D after their name linked to the cause of the recession. I'm still waiting to hear what Bush did to cause the recession.

I believe the Great Bush Recession of 2008 was due to happen anyway. It was Bush's decision to let it run its course that made it worse. Thankfully, President Obama came in and made decisive actions that prevented the Great Bush Recession from turning into the Great Bush Depression
So you can't list one thing Bush did to cause the recession either.
Yep, it is obvious Democrats were to blame.
JFC, what a tool

The Government creates tens of millions of jobs......FACT

Useless public sector jobs.. That dont bring in new money.

Also useless temp jobs like obamas stimulous.

But they do create high paying union defense jobs, so you got to give them that.

Millions of jobs teaching, police, fire, construction, courts...the entire defense industry

Hardly useless "temp" jobs

Whats the matter you dont want to mention the D.O.T. the I.R.S. and all the other high paying great pension paper pushing jobs?

Both do great work

As much as the IRS is hated, they collect trillions in revenue at a very low overhead

No they dont you stand in line.

Go to a flat tax and fire 3/4th of the I.R.S. we could put them to doing real work like building the wall.

As much as Conservatives love the idea of a flat tax, I would give them six months before they start putting in additional tax incentives for their billionaire buddies

We need this tax cut for billionaires because it will create.....jobs
Trust me

The bastard!

president-barack-obama-walks-the-first-familys-dog-as-he-arrives-at-picture-id102062888
90% of the money went into government and education sectors where employment was already high. Only 10% went to infrastructure.
Porkulus examples: $783,000 was spent on a study of why young people consume malt liquor and marijuana. $92,000 went to the Army Corps of Engineers for costumes for mascots like Bobber the Water Safety Dog. $219,000 funded a study of college "hookups." $1.5 million dollars distributed to the University of California San Francisco to study erectile dysfunction. $246 million tax break for Hollywood movie productions.
Without the money, state universities, hospitals, public schools, law enforcement, fire fighters, transportation workers (think roads railway and ports) would all be laying off. States would have had to gut everything to keep their often largest expenditure - Medicaid - to keep the federal match dollars.

Your point sort of makes the case that the bill was TOO SMALL in terms of infrastructure construction to be a sufficient Keynesian stimulus.
How terrible, a smaller more efficient government. At least we have studies about erectile dysfunction and one night stands that saved America.

Why do the left hate the lower and middle class Americans?

The left loves power and nothing but power.

To the left, there is a .000001% elite who are to rule unquestioned. The rest are to obey without question. The leftist see themselves as the nobles, to be empowered by their kings to rules over the little people on behalf of the supreme rulers.

The invention of the gun broke the back of feudalism. The captains and the kings have struggled ever since to return the world to the state of a ruling elite. democrats have one goal in America, to establish a feudal state where the majority subsist in abject poverty.

This is what shitflinger and the other leftists here strive for, to create as much human misery as possible.

But they do create high paying union defense jobs, so you got to give them that.

Millions of jobs teaching, police, fire, construction, courts...the entire defense industry

Whats the matter you dont want to mention the D.O.T. the I.R.S. and all the other high paying great pension paper pushing jobs?

Both do great work

As much as the IRS is hated, they collect trillions in revenue at a very low overhead

Go to a flat tax and fire 3/4th of the I.R.S. we could put them to doing real work like building the wall.

As much as Conservatives love the idea of a flat tax, I would give them six months before they start putting in additional tax incentives for their billionaire buddies

Trust me

Both do great work

Trust me

JFK was advocating a "more sensible 65% tax rate" on the rich....I would agree with that

Would you?

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/01/26/the-myth-of-jfk-as-supply-side-tax-cutter

Both do great work

Trust me

Yea right liberals would be the first to try to ammend it...see obama care.

Both do great work

Trust me

JFK was advocating a 70% tax rate on the rich....I would sign up to that

Would you?

Only an ignoramus would think the rich ever paid 70% of their income in taxes.
Congrats.

Trust me

Billionaire buddies? Oh, you mean like Bill Gates, Warren Buffet, George Soros, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerburg, Oprah Winfrey, et al?

We KNOW why hacks like you oppose fair taxations.

Oh, and anyone who EVER trusted you would be a fool indeed.

Both do great work

Trust me

Would you?

Oh stop with the propaganda fool.. down from 90%

Ok no problem we can go back to 1960 tax laws as long as we go back to 1960 laws and regulations.

Both do great work

Trust me

Would you?

Congrats.

They didn't pay 0% like President Trump

Trust me

Would you?

Congrats.

They didn't pay 0% like President Trump

He used your laws and rules, whats the matter they only apply to democrats?

Invest in infrastructure to create jobs.

Mr. Trump will find bipartisan support in Congress for his proposal to create jobs and stimulate the economy by building and repairing highways, bridges, water systems and other public works. But many Republicans may balk at a big spending program that adds to the federal budget deficit.

Some Democrats will resist Mr. Trump’s proposal to offer tax breaks to private companies in return for infrastructure investments, notably because the federal government is able to borrow money at exceptionally low rates. Democrats are also likely to resist efforts to waive environmental rules or prevailing-wage protections for construction projects.

I think both parties support the idea that investing in infrastructure is a good idea

It is long overdue and conditions could not be better. Construction bonds can be issues at near record low rates and wages are still low. Our infrastructure (transportation, power, communications) needs to be repaired and upgraded to modern standards

But given the inability of Congress to agree on things that they actually agree on, it is unlikely we will be able to institute anything of merit
Trump has been clear about the need to upgrade our infrastructure, but this is not a substitute for an economic plan. Build a better bridge and it will facilitate commerce but only if there are factories to ship goods across that bridge. The private sector creates all the wealth in America, and without significant investment in the private sector, there can be no significant and sustainable economic growth. The economic doldrums of the 1960's and 1970's were the result of corporations paying out nearly all their profits in taxes, dividends or pay raises to unions without retaining enough to reinvest in the private sector. Private investment in the private sector is the key to the economic growth we need to pay for everything else, security, infrastructure, jobs.

Uh..no...they employ tens of millions, not create tens of millions.

Teachers, cops, prisons, highway construction, the Defense Industry....all created and funded by the Government
Wrong, all funded by taxes on profits from the private sector. When taxes are too high, there is insufficient investment in the private sector which leads to a lack of economic growth and eventually not enough tax revenues to pay tor teachers, cops, prisons, highway construction, defense, etc.

Uh..no...they employ tens of millions, not create tens of millions.

Teachers, cops, prisons, highway construction, the Defense Industry....all created and funded by the Government
Wrong, all funded by taxes on profits from the private sector. When taxes are too high, there is insufficient investment in the private sector which leads to a lack of economic growth and eventually not enough tax revenues to pay tor teachers, cops, prisons, highway construction, defense, etc.

You do understand that taxes are how the Government raises revenue don't you?

We the People assign the government to act as our agent to provide services for our benefit. We authorize them to collect taxes to provide those services

Schools, Police, the Military, roads, prisons are all a result. All of those functions directly result in jobs by the tens of millions...thanks to the government we have formed

Invest in infrastructure to create jobs.

Mr. Trump will find bipartisan support in Congress for his proposal to create jobs and stimulate the economy by building and repairing highways, bridges, water systems and other public works. But many Republicans may balk at a big spending program that adds to the federal budget deficit.

Some Democrats will resist Mr. Trump’s proposal to offer tax breaks to private companies in return for infrastructure investments, notably because the federal government is able to borrow money at exceptionally low rates. Democrats are also likely to resist efforts to waive environmental rules or prevailing-wage protections for construction projects.

I think both parties support the idea that investing in infrastructure is a good idea

It is long overdue and conditions could not be better. Construction bonds can be issues at near record low rates and wages are still low. Our infrastructure (transportation, power, communications) needs to be repaired and upgraded to modern standards

But given the inability of Congress to agree on things that they actually agree on, it is unlikely we will be able to institute anything of merit
Trump has been clear about the need to upgrade our infrastructure, but this is not a substitute for an economic plan. Build a better bridge and it will facilitate commerce but only if there are factories to ship goods across that bridge. The private sector creates all the wealth in America, and without significant investment in the private sector, there can be no significant and sustainable economic growth. The economic doldrums of the 1960's and 1970's were the result of corporations paying out nearly all their profits in taxes, dividends or pay raises to unions without retaining enough to reinvest in the private sector. Private investment in the private sector is the key to the economic growth we need to pay for everything else, security, infrastructure, jobs.

The Peoples Republic of California was given a TRILLION dollars of Porkulus to update the crumbling infrastructure of the democrat ruled sanctuary state. Besides making CALIFORNIA the BIGGEST welfare state in history, this demonstrates how these infrastructure projects work.

With a cool trillion, Supreme Commissar Brown has repaired every pot hole and widened every freeway in the klepoctracy, right? Well, not exactly. If fact, one would be hard pressed to find even a single pot hole repaired. However, the California Teachers Association was bailed out, CALPERS enjoyed a major infusion of cash.

Between 2009 and 2014, virtually NOTHING was done on California freeways, while CalTrans sopped up cash into their greedy maw. Then in 14, CalTrans HIRED private companies to actually do some work - work is below government workers.

So what has a TRILLION dollars of U.S. Taxpayer cash bought? Toll roads. That's right, all over the state, taxpayer funds have been used to add toll roads to freeways so that the well connected can keep raking in cash with no investment on their part. On some of the most crowded freeways, like interstate 10, they have actually REDUCED the number of lanes available to drivers so that the toll lanes could be added. More public funding of private profits.

So infrastructure is needed, but what we saw under Obama, as so clearly demonstrated in California, is a level of corruption that leaves little actual improvements. Can we keep the democrats from STEALING every dime? I'm not convinced we can.

The largest econ driver of the post-WWII era was the GI bill.

And Ike with Highways.

And Nasa and computer development.

But the irony is that Trump spends like a democrat and taxes .... well he doesn't pay or play to levy taxes.

We may trade short term prosperity for a debt GDP ratio of over 100%. If so, our kids are not only fucked but gonna get ass gangraped.

Forum List

Back