50 degrees in San Fransisco? Where is that deadly heat?

I lived in california until 2017. I lived in Dana pt, Temecula, 29 Palms, Benicia. I have worked in Seattle, off and on in Phoenix. And of course, trips to Las Vegas.

In this thread, when someone stated that the Sacramento river dumped into the Pacific Ocean causing fog cause the water is 100°F I was able to correct them. I showed my knowledge explaining that the Sacramento river was 50 miles away from the Pacific ocean, and that the Bay of San Fransisco is 50°F. I also said that was not fog, but a Marine Layer which is formed by a process that is very much the opposite way fog is formed.

I engaged everyone here with respect and professionalism. The trolls which was one or two, three when I include you I did not insult in return, although I did respond with humor.

Nothing in my OP is not true, it is pure fact.

I appreciate you posting in my OP, without people like you attempting to disparage my OP it certainly would be a bit more dull and I am not have ever stepped up my game to be deadly accurate with my OP.

California is a diverse state, the climate is so different in so many places. I loved living on Red Mountain, east of Temecula, in the foothills of Mt. Jacinto. I could see Mt Palomar, Fallbrook, the Ortegas, San Bernardino mountains.

I lived kind of in a canyon ravine where the California Oak trees found enough water near the seasonal creek, seasonal being the few times it rained.

People are lucky to live in California, a shame such shit politicians are destroying much of California with so many government projects which are pure greed and corruption.

Fallacy, my knowledge is great, period.
Just ignore him. Eddie Lying, dog-faced Slow Pony Soldier is an ignorant troll. You could link him to a dozen sites that say the same thing and he'd still turn himself into a pretzel trying to prove you wrong--a typical democrat.

I lived in california until 2017. I lived in Dana pt, Temecula, 29 Palms, Benicia. I have worked in Seattle, off and on in Phoenix. And of course, trips to Las Vegas.

In this thread, when someone stated that the Sacramento river dumped into the Pacific Ocean causing fog cause the water is 100°F I was able to correct them. I showed my knowledge explaining that the Sacramento river was 50 miles away from the Pacific ocean, and that the Bay of San Fransisco is 50°F. I also said that was not fog, but a Marine Layer which is formed by a process that is very much the opposite way fog is formed.

I engaged everyone here with respect and professionalism. The trolls which was one or two, three when I include you I did not insult in return, although I did respond with humor.

Nothing in my OP is not true, it is pure fact.

I appreciate you posting in my OP, without people like you attempting to disparage my OP it certainly would be a bit more dull and I am not have ever stepped up my game to be deadly accurate with my OP.

California is a diverse state, the climate is so different in so many places. I loved living on Red Mountain, east of Temecula, in the foothills of Mt. Jacinto. I could see Mt Palomar, Fallbrook, the Ortegas, San Bernardino mountains.

I lived kind of in a canyon ravine where the California Oak trees found enough water near the seasonal creek, seasonal being the few times it rained.

People are lucky to live in California, a shame such shit politicians are destroying much of California with so many government projects which are pure greed and corruption.

Fallacy, my knowledge is great, period.
You used a hasty generalization fallacy, which invalidates your explanation above.

You used a hasty generalization fallacy, which invalidates your explanation above.
You are full of shit trolling my OP otherwise you could offer some sort of fact other than coming in here insulting me and calling me names.

I say you are a bit of a stalker and did not like how I kicked your ass in the politics threads so when you saw my user name while looking at the topics, you came in here to exact your petty revenge by trolling my OP. You certainly did not post a commentary that explained a damn thing showing my OP to be a fallacy.

Fallacy, mistaken belief? I posted temperatures. Pure fact, no fallacy. So step up. If you cant, that makes me real happy, for it validates my OP.

A person who attacks the messenger is a person who is always wrong.

You are full of shit trolling my OP otherwise you could offer some sort of fact other than coming in here insulting me and calling me names.

I say you are a bit of a stalker and did not like how I kicked your ass in the politics threads so when you saw my user name while looking at the topics, you came in here to exact your petty revenge by trolling my OP. You certainly did not post a commentary that explained a damn thing showing my OP to be a fallacy.

Fallacy, mistaken belief? I posted temperatures. Pure fact, no fallacy. So step up. If you cant, that makes me real happy, for it validates my OP.

A person who attacks the messenger is a person who is always wrong.
I said you used a hasty generalization fallacy: using an infrequent occurence to generate a non-existent pattern.

You did.

That is not trolling or slurring you.

Give us more examples.

I said you used a hasty generalization fallacy: using an infrequent occurence to generate a non-existent pattern.
You did.
That is not trolling or slurring you.
Give us more examples.
Actually it is trolling. You have no knowledge of the weather in California.

The slur, as you call it is below. That is trolling, and an insult.
mutton head

Infrequent occurrence? You did not read the thread. I have multiple users confirming that I did not use an infrequent occurrence. First they quote Mark Twain from the 18th century.
“The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco” Mark Twain

I have people here, confirming that Mark Twain noted how cold it is.

In another post, I link to why it is so cold in the summer, in San Fransisco as well as along the entire coast of California

I was not hasty, it was not a generalization, I did not present an infrequent occurrence, and it is a pattern occurring year after year, forever because that is the climate, nice cool if not cold summers in San Fransisco.

Of course I know the weather in California.
You were rebuked for your errors and your rudeness.
You will always be subject to correction.
hahahahah, now the Slow Horse appears, the troll.

You rebuked me and showed errors? Simply by stating so. If a DemoRAT dictates, then all shall kneel before the tyrant.

Rude, how about quoting that post.
Errors, how about a link or a comment that shows the error
I corrected you, concisely.

Troll on brother

There is something mighty fishy going on. I am hearing all these high temperatures but when I check the temperature in San Fransisco they have what must be a record low. It will be 50 degrees in San Fransisco tonight. Cities are mini hotspots.

It is obvious, the news is only reporting weather stations which are located just off the runway of an International airport or Death Valley.

View attachment 806188

10-year temperature averages for San Francisco, 2010 to 2019
High °FLow °FHigh °CLow °C
5847January148
6048February169
6249March179
6350April1710
6451May1811
6753June1912
6654July1912
6856August2013
7056September2113
7054October2112
6451November1810
5847December148
6451Year1811

What looks more likely to be fishy would be your recollections and/or knowledge of typical San Francisco weather. The city is not a hotspot.

California doesn’t have a separate climate, it has weather.
You are not arguing with me, you are not proving me wrong. This is not something I made up. You are disagreeing with science. You are disagreeing with hundreds, if not thousands of scientists and professors.

otto, you may learn if you read my OP's, everything is carefully thought out, based on my experience, and or researched heavily.

California is one of the few places where five major climate types occur in close proximity. Here, the Desert, Cool Interior, Highland, and Steppe climates border a smaller region of Mediterranean climate.

I just looked up a place a 150 miles from the coast, cold there as well. It will be 50 in the Sierra Nevada mountains.

Californians have plenty of places to downright freeze this summer. You could die of hypothermia from the coast to the mountains in california.
View attachment 806190
Are you aware of the location and elevation of Half-Dome? I note with some amusement that you haven't posted anything from Sacramento? Fresno? Bakersfield? San Jose? Redding? Auburn? Placerville? Modesto? Stockton? San Bernadino? Victorville? Palm Springs?
Yes, it's chill on the coast..usually. Chill in the hills..most of the time.
Hotter than fuck otherwise...at least in the Summer months~
So?

Your thread seems a bit pointless, to me. Perhaps you could elucidate as to why the temp in SF matters..and as to how it applies to anything globally?

Last edited:
10-year temperature averages for San Francisco, 2010 to 2019
High °FLow °FHigh °CLow °C
5847January148
6048February169
6249March179
6350April1710
6451May1811
6753June1912
6654July1912
6856August2013
7056September2113
7054October2112
6451November1810
5847December148
6451Year1811

What looks more likely to be fishy would be your recollections and/or knowledge of typical San Francisco weather. The city is not a hotspot.
hahahahahah
Crick, how do you reason that my OP describes a hotspot? Crick, you better check and see if this where you meant to make this post.

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." Mark Twain
Except..he never said that...or wrote it:

Unfortunately, Twain's twin prose, “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco,” has long been considered fictitious by San Francisco history buffs and literary scholars alike.
The ruling was even reached in one of a series of mock trials held in real City Hall court rooms by the San Francisco Court of Historical Review and Appeals in the late 1970s and early 1980s to set the record straight on the city’s history — with a hearty sense of humor, the LA Times reported in 1985.
Other sources have gone on to discredit the popular San Francisco pondering from one of American literature's most legendary figures. In 2002, Snopes deemed the attribution false. Again, in 2012, Anchor Brewing published a blog post
tracing the closest tepid reference to weather found in Twain’s correspondence and writings. In a letter from 1880, also mentioned by Snopes, the writer penned a friend, congratulating him for receiving placement away from Paris, which Twain deemed “Paris the cold, Paris the drizzly, Paris the rainy, Paris the Damnable.”

Your thread seems a bit pointless, to me. Perhaps you could elucidate as to why the temp in SF matters..and as to how it applies to anything globally?
I have seen the graphics posted in other threads, I have watched, the weather, where they use a graphic with huge bands of red/danger/heat covering the entire area of California. Much of that area is literally cold, in comparison to the heat inland.

The graphics are dishonest, a deliberate lie, pure propaganda meant to scare people so that they believe we must build inefficient Wind Turbines and Solar panels to somehow cool the planet.

That is why the temperature in San Fransisco is important, they are lying about how hot it is when they show big bands of red across the entire state of California.

Except..he never said that...or wrote it:

Unfortunately, Twain's twin prose, “The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco,” has long been considered fictitious by San Francisco history buffs and literary scholars alike.
The ruling was even reached in one of a series of mock trials held in real City Hall court rooms by the San Francisco Court of Historical Review and Appeals in the late 1970s and early 1980s to set the record straight on the city’s history — with a hearty sense of humor, the LA Times reported in 1985.
Other sources have gone on to discredit the popular San Francisco pondering from one of American literature's most legendary figures. In 2002, Snopes deemed the attribution false. Again, in 2012, Anchor Brewing published a blog post
tracing the closest tepid reference to weather found in Twain’s correspondence and writings. In a letter from 1880, also mentioned by Snopes, the writer penned a friend, congratulating him for receiving placement away from Paris, which Twain deemed “Paris the cold, Paris the drizzly, Paris the rainy, Paris the Damnable.”
Yes, everyone has an opinion, it is a shame Mark Twain is not here to clarify this. Either way, the Marine Layer is not rare occurrence or a new occurrence.

Somebody said it, and it is fact.

I have seen the graphics posted in other threads, I have watched, the weather, where they use a graphic with huge bands of red/danger/heat covering the entire area of California. Much of that area is literally cold, in comparison to the heat inland.

The graphics are dishonest, a deliberate lie, pure propaganda meant to scare people so that they believe we must build inefficient Wind Turbines and Solar panels to somehow cool the planet.

That is why the temperature in San Fransisco is important, they are lying about how hot it is when they show big bands of red across the entire state of California.
I see..you take exception to the generalization being painted? You must recognize, that although these graphs don't have asterisks for every 6,000ft peak...or a 15 miles wide intercostal band, that the graphs are generally correct, right?

I don't doubt that there are those who are attempting to fit the weather into their propaganda..much as you are doing here eh? Most sane folks discount the extremists of both sides..and try to make their decisions based on the their needs and pocketbooks.

I doubt anyone serious is contemplating 'cooling the planet' anytime soon~

Anecdotally, my sister powers her entire house with a combination of wind and solar. Average temps don't seem to really make a diff, one way or the other. As long as your power storage component is capable of carrying you through non-generation periods...it appears to work.

hahahahahah
Crick, how do you reason that my OP describes a hotspot? Crick, you better check and see if this where you meant to make this post.
In your OP you said, and I quote, "Cities are mini hotspots."

hahahahah, now the Slow Horse appears, the troll.

You rebuked me and showed errors? Simply by stating so. If a DemoRAT dictates, then all shall kneel before the tyrant.

Rude, how about quoting that post.
Errors, how about a link or a comment that shows the error
I corrected you, concisely.

Troll on brother
Super hot wave this weekend, record highs, troll sister

Forum List

Back