50 degrees in San Fransisco? Where is that deadly heat?

Your sister? That would be cool, how about a thread with detailed pictures of the entire set up, I would actually like to see that. I have also never posted anything disagreeing with what people do on their private property with their own money. So, please, post pics, details, of the entire system, unless it is a government solar wind thing. Than it would be useless.

Take exception? Do you mean how you took exception to my post for daring to post the truth?

The graphics being used are pure propaganda, generalizing the 5 different climates withing California
Too lazy for all that...LOL! Anyway, hybrid wind/solar tech is available everywhere..scale it up or down, according to need. Your power storage is the key to either success or failure.
Costs some money. Bright side...not a huge amount...$25k does it all, in most cases. That would include great batteries. Without...5-10k.
Yes, California has many different micro-climates. However..the vast majority of the state shares a common climate.
Yeah...it's hot. Everywhere 15 miles inland and under 3,000ft in elevation. In terms of square mileage....that's most of the state..and most of the people in the state.

You really are exposing nothing...except yer azz~

Too lazy for all that...LOL! Anyway, hybrid wind/solar tech is available everywhere..scale it up or down, according to need. Your power storage is the key to either success or failure.
Costs some money. Bright side...not a huge amount...$25k does it all, in most cases. That would include great batteries. Without...5-10k.
I doubt very much that you know anyone running a 100% off the grid. Yes, much work, unless it was someone close to you.

I doubt very much that you know anyone running a 100% off the grid. Yes, much work, unless it was someone close to you.
Not as hard as all that. Speaking about electricity, anyway. For some, 'off the grid' means a lot more than it does for others.

Sister has not paid an electric bill in 11 years. Still is on the grid though..as far as water, garbage and internet.

Most of the work is in the set-up. Also, many people installing set-ups like this are on shoestring budgets that force many intermediate steps before they have their optimal set-up.
Martha just poured money all over it liberally...and has a great set-up.

Yes, California has many different micro-climates. However..the vast majority of the state shares a common climate.
Yeah...it's hot. Everywhere 15 miles inland and under 3,000ft in elevation. In terms of square mileage....that's most of the state..and most of the people in the state.

You really are exposing nothing...except yer azz~
Micro-climates are different than climate, or the five climates of California.

California's mountain regions take up 50% of the state.
15 miles inland, that is 5% of the state

Forest is 33% of the state.

Most of the state can not be said to be the same climate.

If we are speaking of gardening, than we must include micro-climates, so now we are up to 15 separate climates.

California is so large, it is dishonest, propaganda to stereotype the weather or the temperature.

Not as hard as all that. Speaking about electricity, anyway. For some, 'off the grid' means a lot more than it does for others.

Sister has not paid an electric bill in 11 years. Still is on the grid though..as far as water, garbage and internet.

Most of the work is in the set-up. Also, many people installing set-ups like this are on shoestring budgets that force many intermediate steps before they have their optimal set-up.
Martha just poured money all over it liberally...and has a great set-up.
I would still like to see that, I was not disagreeing when I asked nor demanding now.

I am happy you mentioned water. By far the largest consumption of electricity is pumping water. I could accurately state that the majority of the energy used by your sister is her water usage. Most of the energy used by your sister's house is not solar or wind. We must include water usage.

Actually it is trolling. You have no knowledge of the weather in California.

The slur, as you call it is below. That is trolling, and an insult.

Infrequent occurrence? You did not read the thread. I have multiple users confirming that I did not use an infrequent occurrence. First they quote Mark Twain from the 18th century.

I have people here, confirming that Mark Twain noted how cold it is.

In another post, I link to why it is so cold in the summer, in San Fransisco as well as along the entire coast of California

I was not hasty, it was not a generalization, I did not present an infrequent occurrence, and it is a pattern occurring year after year, forever because that is the climate, nice cool if not cold summers in San Fransisco.
Best time to visit SF is spring or fall---if there is a good time anymore.

Yes, everyone has an opinion, it is a shame Mark Twain is not here to clarify this. Either way, the Marine Layer is not rare occurrence or a new occurrence.

Somebody said it, and it is fact.
The central valley is technically a desert (receives less than 10" of rain annually) and it does get hot in the summer. Temps to 110 are not unheard of. When those temps get near or above triple digits, the marine layer is drawn into the coast keeping the coast cool and breezy. This is not a new phenomena and you are 100% correct that it happens every year when the interior heats up. SoCal isn't so much affected by it because the Mojave desert and the SoCal desert create the Santa Ana winds and the hot air blows SW to the low created by the ocean. Morons that have never lived in CA don't have a clue about the weather patterns there.

The central valley is technically a desert (receives less than 10" of rain annually) and it does get hot in the summer. Temps to 110 are not unheard of. When those temps get near or above triple digits, the marine layer is drawn into the coast keeping the coast cool and breezy. This is not a new phenomena and you are 100% correct that it happens every year when the interior heats up. SoCal isn't so much affected by it because the Mojave desert and the SoCal desert create the Santa Ana winds and the hot air blows SW to the low created by the ocean. Morons that have never lived in CA don't have a clue about the weather patterns there.
Florida has a similar pattern almost every day. The land warms up faster than the water causing updrafts over the state's interior. This brings moist air up into the cold upper atmosphere where it forms large thunderheads. When the sun begins to go down, the land cools faster than the ocean and the pattern reverses, drawing those thunderheads out to the coast where they rain like fuck before moving offshore.

Almost every time you hear or read someone saying things like "Morons that have never lived in CA don't have a clue about the weather patterns there" you're witnessing an ignorant asshole in action.

Florida has a similar pattern almost every day. The land warms up faster than the water causing updrafts over the state's interior. This brings moist air up into the cold upper atmosphere where it forms large thunderheads. When the sun begins to go down, the land cools faster than the ocean and the pattern reverses, drawing those thunderheads out to the coast where they rain like fuck before moving offshore.

Almost every time you hear or read someone saying things like "Morons that have never lived in CA don't have a clue about the weather patterns there" you're witnessing an ignorant asshole in action.
You're a moron if you think the weather patterns or anything else in FL is in any way similar to CA. Fucking idiot.

You're a moron if you think the weather patterns or anything else in FL is in any way similar to CA. Fucking idiot.
I bet both states have dirt and rocks and plants and seawater off each of their shores. What else is required to produce the scenario I just described?

I bet both states have dirt and rocks and plants and seawater off each of their shores. What else is required to produce the scenario I just described?
Does FL have a 14,000' mountain range, a 3300' range and a vast 400 mile long valley and two deserts by the same token, CA is not surrounded by warm water (likely 30 degree difference avg)
It is apples and oranges,

Does FL have a 14,000' mountain range, a 3300' range and a vast 400 mile long valley and two deserts by the same token, CA is not surrounded by warm water (likely 30 degree difference avg)
crick confused a sea breeze with a temperature inversion that creates the marine layer. Crick is not smart enough to actually read what we post so when the answer is right in front of lil cricket, he/she comments out of arrogance and narcissism. Proving that lil cricket knows nothing other than how to use google to search for links. Lil crick does not even read the content in the link, just the title.

California has land that warms and cools faster than the ocean. That is all that's required.

crick confused a sea breeze with a temperature inversion that creates the marine layer. Crick is not smart enough to actually read what we post so when the answer is right in front of lil cricket, he/she comments out of arrogance and narcissism. Proving that lil cricket knows nothing other than how to use google to search for links. Lil crick does not even read the content in the link, just the title.
I never mentioned or invoked a temperature inversion or a marine layer. I brought up a different but related weather phenomenon. Elektra cannot pass up an opportunity to try to insult me because he hates me. That seems to be due to having repeatedly demonstrated his ignorance on a number of matters on a number of occasions. Unfortunately, following his idol DJT, he chooses to double down on his mistakes. Not a good strategy.

I never mentioned or invoked a temperature inversion or a marine layer. I brought up a different but related weather phenomenon. Elektra cannot pass up an opportunity to try to insult me because he hates me. That seems to be due to having repeatedly demonstrated his ignorance on a number of matters on a number of occasions. Unfortunately, following his idol DJT, he chooses to double down on his mistakes. Not a good strategy.
Like the ignorance here, is that what you are talking about

Forum List

Back