58 straight months of jobs growth, ACA working great where allowed to, where is this bad economy?

under Obama the richest got richer and the poorest got poorer both AT A FASTER PACE then then was occurring under Republicans

clearly you idiots aren't the answer

and wages are set by what the market says is the proper compensation for a given skillset einstein

Look at Africa or south Asia...It is the worker that normally gets fucked out of what he/she puts into a corporation. If it cost 100 grand to buy a house, 4 grand to buy a cheap car and 300 bucks per month to eat....Well, do you really think a corporation sucking up 90% of the profit to the highest level is fair and or even right???

Sure the market has supply and demand but the point being is the workers aren't getting what they should. So we have a wealth gap that is growing larger and larger based on greed.

and your examples are asia and south Africa

thanks genius

They don't regulate corporations and that is why they move there. So they can use people and fuck over American small business.

yes; pretty fucking simple

you guys fail the very people you claim to care for the most

and wages are set by what the market says is the proper compensation for a given skillset einstein

Are they? Then why have wages been flat for decades even though productivity and profits are at record levels? Productivity used to be a market force. What market forces would you be referring to?

you dummies are just laughable

all over the boards talking out of both sides of your mouths; saying all these jobs have ben created on Obama's watch

and out of the other corner of your mouths saying all the jobs went overseas

idiots and hypocrites

Are they? Then why have wages been flat for decades even though productivity and profits are at record levels? Productivity used to be a market force. What market forces would you be referring to?

YAWN

the same people who claim to be so forward-looking keep insisting it is the 1950s still

keep trying

why did those "greedy corporations" get "GREEDIER" ON PROGRESSIVE'S WATCH?

inquiring minds want to know

Nice. Now you're arguing "facts" you can't prove. You claim Democrats supported those Republican policies yet you offer no proof.

And then there's also a string of bills, all of which died in the Republican-led Senate, to reform oversight of the GSE's, which could have averted the meltdown.

But still, I'm enjoying watching you idiots try to blame Democrats for policies Republicans took credit for before those same policies led to the worst financial meltdown since Republicans gave us the Great Depression.

Great record you rightwing nuts have there. :thup:

FACTS AGAIN FACTS...
Don't you idiots know that there is a thing called the "Internet"???
The Internet provides FACTS that you people making "suppositions" "guesses" "hysterical" fictional statements seem to contradict!
HERE ARE THE FACTS!!!

In 2003, the Bush Administration sought to create a new agency, replacing the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight, to oversee Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.
In 1992 in the wake of the Savings and Loan crisis, and over concern similar lending problems would develop, the Office of Federal Housing Enterprise Oversight was created as part of the Department of Housing and Urban Development.[16] While Senate and House leaders voiced their intention to bring about the needed legislation, no reform bills materialized.

A Senate reform bill introduced by Senator Jon Corzine (D-NJ) (S.1656) never made it out of the 21-member (10D/11R) Senate Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs Committee.[17] At the time members of the 108th congress expressed faith in the solvency of Fannie and Freddie.
Congressman Barney Frank (D-MA), for example, described them as "not facing any kind of financial crisis." [18]

Both Fannie and Freddie had positive net worth as of the date of the takeover, meaning the value of their assets exceeded their liabilities.
However, Fannie's total assets to capital (leverage ratio) was about 20:1, while Freddie's was about 70:1.[53][54]
These numbers increase significantly if one includes all the mortgage-backed assets they guaranteed.
These ratios are considerably higher than investment banks, which leverage around 30:1.[55][56

The George W. Bush administration was prevented from taking official action due to Senate Bill 190 of the 109 Congress never being allowed a full Senate vote, even though it was passed out of committee on a 13-9 vote along party lines
(13 Republicans voted "Yes" and 9 Democrats voted "No"),
[59]
doing so would have prevented Congress' home ownership goals being realized.
Federal takeover of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
Too fucking retarded. Are you even capable of forming a cogent argument?

S.1656 was sponsored by a Democrat and the Republican-led Senate referred it to the Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs; where Republican leadership let the bill die without a committee vote.

S.190 did pass along partisan lines, as you pointed out. The bill then went to Republican leaders where they refused to place it on the Senate's Legislative Calendar to be put to an up/down vote by the full Senate.

In both bills you cite, Republican leadership in the Senate prevented them from proceeding. And there were more bills Republicans sat on just like those two. H.R.2575(2003), H.R.2803(2003), & H.R.1461(2005) .... all died because Republican leadership sat on them.

Democrats may have been wrong about the GSE's but Republicans were in charge and Republicans did nothing to prevent the meltdown.

What do rightards do because they can't deal with these inconvenient pesky facts...?

Why, blame a single member of the minority Democrat party, of course. :thup:

Totally MADE UP! Don't believe ONE word of your crap!
Provide LINKS because ANY one can make up that crap!
For example: H.R.2575(2003) Where does it have ANYTHING to do with Fannie/Freddie???
View attachment 47149
You really are a fucking retard.

H.R. 2575 (108th Congress, 2003–2004)

Secondary Mortgage Market Enterprises Regulatory Improvement Act

To reform the regulation of certain housing-related Government-sponsored enterprises, and for other purposes.

TITLE I--REFORM OF REGULATION OF FANNIE MAE AND FREDDIE MAC

you're an angry, unhinged idiot. I feel sorry for your family, friends and acquaintances, if you have any
I do and they all love me. They often get a good laugh when I repeat some of the funny shit I see you rightards post here. I still can't believe entertainment of this caliber is free.

YAWN

people whose cities are insolvent cesspools tottering on the brink of bankruptcy should avoid speaking on what successful corporations can or cant afford

Who's cities sleeply?

I see you have nothing to offer per usual.
You aren't even able to address me directly.

i'm addressing you directly now. you post nothing of substance, so what is there to fear from you?

Address the point.
Tell me why, with record profits nearly every quarter, that American business can't comfortably raise wages.

"record corporate profits every quarter"

which ones? some of them? all of them? most of them?
how do you know they aren't giving raises? you don't even give an example; just spout rhetoric

You don't know? You seem to speak on the subject like you know something. Are they giving raises? What is income inequality?

Corporate profits would not be climbing if the weren't record profits.

Faun; do you want the "Fannie Mae is fine" Barney Frank story, or the video?
what a joke you are
Nah, I've seen you rightards post that idiocy 100 times. What I wanna see is where Republicans, who had control over all legislative functions of our government, did something to prevent the complete fucking meltdown their own policies created.......

Faun; do you want the "Fannie Mae is fine" Barney Frank story, or the video?
what a joke you are
Nah, I've seen you rightards post that idiocy 100 times. What I wanna see is where Republicans, who had control over all legislative functions of our government, did something to prevent the complete fucking meltdown their own policies created.......

you've been shown repeatedly that they weren't "republican" polices. so why do you want a response to what is a false premise in the first place leftard?

Forum List

Back