6.4 mag earthquake in S. Ca.

I figured y'all should get reacquainted with some earthquake safety shit, old school.

You know what would have me rattled in CA: they said all the little ones led up to the first "big one"....so....how do they know the 7.1 is the end of the big ones?

But then what do I know, I have zero experience with earthquakes.

Other than the possibility of family and friends getting squished, I always found earthquakes kinda fun.

Getting on the freeways in the LA area just before rush hours, now there's death defying.

I was driving and thought I had a flat rear tire. Truck was really handling funny. Pulled over and everything was shaking. It lasted at least 30 seconds.

After that earthquake on the 4th they said meh, it would be aftershocks and that was it. Then comes another big one. I really hope they're right THIS time and these are not foreshocks to ANOTHER big one coming. Sheesh

Um...that is not what was said by the lady who did the explanations on Earthquakes. Do you lie because you are an anti-intellectual? Or, didn't listen to the MSM and heard that from Hannity or Limbaugh (both who didn't finish college, and the lady has a Ph.D).

She did say only a 5% chance. Now she says it is 10% for a bigger one.
After that earthquake on the 4th they said meh, it would be aftershocks and that was it. Then comes another big one. I really hope they're right THIS time and these are not foreshocks to ANOTHER big one coming. Sheesh

Um...that is not what was said by the lady who did the explanations on Earthquakes. Do you lie because you are an anti-intellectual? Or, didn't listen to the MSM and heard that from Hannity or Limbaugh (both who didn't finish college, and the lady has a Ph.D).

I figured y'all should get reacquainted with some earthquake safety shit, old school.

Another big one last night in the Mojave. No serious injuries, but some gas line breaks and fires.

It's worse than you think. In Huntington there were a lot of broken windows. I lost a sliding glass door that shattered during the 7.1 last night.

In Ridgecrest, about 80 miles from me, the damage is severe.

Statement: "She did say only a 5% chance. Now she says it is 10% for a bigger one."

Response: That's how science works, it makes no excuses and continues the study of the discipline.

6.4 magnitude earthquake in Southern California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A large earthquake has rattled a large swath of Southern California. There are no immediate reports of damage.

Oh well happens all the time lol
Nothing...it hit in the middle of the desert...we barely felt it...thought the dog was scratching himself while leaning against my chair.

Please be safe. Stockpile water, canned and dried foods (tuna is a good choice), and, of course **dog food**. Don't sleep under anything that might fall on you. The "thoughts and prayers" garbage is getting old, but what is there to do here in the east but to send them.

I have a Ph.D. - so I guess anything you post that conflicts with posts of mine is automatically invalid....

It’s too bad an 8.0 couldn’t be isolated just to Pelosis district.

To all affected, hang in there and stay safe. it sounds like it’s going to be a bumpy ride for a while.

You're not funny, and if you are serious you are not only an asshole, you are a malignant asshole.

I hope you were super fucking offended. I hope you cried.

I'm not offended nor did I cry. I pointed out how evil your are. I don't have to hope an evil dope like you suffers from natural disasters, karma seems to get your kind.

Of course when a natural disaster occurs here in the US or anywhere in the world, be assured California will send our highly trained first responders to aid afflicted areas.

Seismology is a relatively new sub specialty of geology. There have been more advancements made over the last 30 years thanks to new instruments, and a better understanding of how fault complexes work, than in the previous 70 years since the specialty was founded in the wake of the 1906 quake.

And, seismology is the study, and calculation of percentages. We can only surmise what is happening at depth. We can't see it. Thus we look at the historical record and trench fault lines so we can calculate the periodicity of quakes and that gives us a baseline.

Pretty much ALL of southern California is due for a major quake. The last major break along the San Andreas was 1857 in Fort Tejon. That one was a monster with up to 32 feet of displacement.

Forum List

Back