6.4 mag earthquake in S. Ca.

Water extraction and subsidence will worsen the quakes over time

Not really. Just increase their frequency. Some theories speculate that fracking might be a good way to lessen large earthquakes through inducing thousands of smaller ones.

Increasing frequency is worsening the quakes

Quite the opposite. Less frequent quakes equals build up in pressure which leads to larger magnitude quakes. Frequent small quakes equals lower pressure along the fault line and reduced magnitude for any major quake that does occur. Strike Slip faults, like the San Andreas are always moving. The problems occur when they stop moving. Then the pressure builds until finally a break occurs, and you have an earthquake. Hollister California is a model of earthquake motion. They have shitloads of small earthquakes but they never have a big one. The fault is not stuck there so there are no pressure build ups that lead to a big one.

You'd be surprised how many conservatives live in Ca. Get rid of the illegals and Ca. is a red state.

I last voted for the Green Party, so you will have to find a better selling point than saving conservatives.

You already did...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4e856637537f

Hillary won my state so nope.

You can’t squirm out of this. You are a Green Party member, and the Green Party elected Trump.

If it is any consolation, that is how Clinton was elected in 1992.

"Watch my lips" is how Clinton beat GHWB. Take a peek at the tax 'reform' bill signed by Trump, green and renewable energy is not on his plate.

That kind of sailed right past...

Ridgecrest is stroking its own ego. There was very minor damage. One house was on fire but no one knows yet if it was caused by the quake. Ridgecrest is a wideplace in the road. Run down and barely functioning.

6.4 magnitude earthquake in Southern California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A large earthquake has rattled a large swath of Southern California. There are no immediate reports of damage.

Oh well happens all the time lol

Yeah, it does. Especially in that area. There are three major faults lines that pass very close to each other in that region. Big earthquakes are common. Not that a 6.4 is a big one. It's a moderate sized quake.

Have you ever experience a 6.4 earthquake and been near the epicenter? Me thinks not.

I was two hundred yards from the Northridge (6.4) epicenter, and woke up in midair, moron. I was 6 miles from the Sylmar (6.6) epicenter. I was 10 miles from the Whittier (5.9) and was visiting my friend on Skyline in Oakland when the Loma Prieta (6.9) hit. I have been in more earthquakes, and know more about them than you ever will.

I don't believe you. My first quake was in 1957, See: 1957 San Francisco earthquake - Wikipedia
and I was a mile from the epicenter. It was only 5.3 and it was quite afew very strong jolts.

are they gonna try to tie this earthquake to Trump and his economic policies? the policies that are causing global warming and climate change?
I guess we will just have to wait and see next week.
Now keep in mind,,they blame Trump for tragic shootings that happen on the other side of the world, so looks like Trump will/may get blamed for this earthquake, and maybe even the next volcanic eruptions in Hawaii.
:1peleas:

You make probably the most consistently retarded threads I've ever seen on this forum, and I've been here for over eight years.

Evangelicals are fond of blaming natural disasters on God's anger at America for not embracing theocratic fascism. And they wonder why church attendance is crashing.

are they gonna try to tie this earthquake to Trump and his economic policies? the policies that are causing global warming and climate change?
I guess we will just have to wait and see next week.
Now keep in mind,,they blame Trump for tragic shootings that happen on the other side of the world, so looks like Trump will/may get blamed for this earthquake, and maybe even the next volcanic eruptions in Hawaii.
:1peleas:
Donald doesn't know where California is

6.4 magnitude earthquake in Southern California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A large earthquake has rattled a large swath of Southern California. There are no immediate reports of damage.

Oh well happens all the time lol

Yeah, it does. Especially in that area. There are three major faults lines that pass very close to each other in that region. Big earthquakes are common. Not that a 6.4 is a big one. It's a moderate sized quake.

Have you ever experience a 6.4 earthquake and been near the epicenter? Me thinks not.

I was two hundred yards from the Northridge (6.4) epicenter, and woke up in midair, moron. I was 6 miles from the Sylmar (6.6) epicenter. I was 10 miles from the Whittier (5.9) and was visiting my friend on Skyline in Oakland when the Loma Prieta (6.9) hit. I have been in more earthquakes, and know more about them than you ever will.

I don't believe you. My first quake was in 1957, See: 1957 San Francisco earthquake - Wikipedia
and I was a mile from the epicenter. It was only 5.3 and it was quite afew very strong jolts.

Depending on where you are in SF a 5.9 can be quite bad. The Marina District especially so. Wherever land has been reclaimed from marshlands, or wetlands, the effects are going to be greatly magnified. It is called liquifaction and is quite well known.

Ridgecrest is stroking its own ego. There was very minor damage. One house was on fire but no one knows yet if it was caused by the quake. Ridgecrest is a wideplace in the road. Run down and barely functioning.

There is a concern that the 6.4 is a forshock for a much larger quake.

this just came to me 1 minute ago.
(Express) – California was rocked by a magnitude 6.4 earthquake on Thursday, and now US volcano alerts have been raised due to “an increase in seismicity” continues. On Thursday, July 4 a magnitude 6.4 earthquake struck in southern California at 10.34 local time (4.34pm BST), with strong to very strong shaking felt in Ridgecrest. Shaking was felt by millions of people according to the United States Geological Survey (USGS), with areas including Los Angeles and Las Vegas reporting to feel the quake. Following the earthquake, multiple aftershocks have been felt – with 50 to 700 recorded as magnitude three or higher according to the USGS.

US volcano alert level raised after California earthquake and ‘increased seismicity’

Oh imagine that and you idiots want driver less cars and machines that do surgery... the typical idiots.

upload_2019-7-5_16-47-36.png

New earthquake warning app failed to send out alert for Independence Day Quake

Forum List

Back