6.4 mag earthquake in S. Ca.

There was a 1.7 Earthquake in Mahoning County last year, not far from here.

Its really not that big of a deal
you might have a different opinion if you actually experienced a real quake...
This quake was so far off the reall world plantation it really don't make shit bit of difference. I want my rock and roll here in the bay area!
the "real" world plantation?...the only parts of california that matter are rich areas right taxman?..thats the attitude of Sacramento right there....
it really don't make shit bit of difference
i bet it does to those living at the Epicenter....yea they are Californians too...

There was a 1.7 Earthquake in Mahoning County last year, not far from here.

Its really not that big of a deal
you might have a different opinion if you actually experienced a real quake...
This quake was so far off the reall world plantation it really don't make shit bit of difference. I want my rock and roll here in the bay area!
the "real" world plantation?...the only parts of california that matter are rich areas right taxman?..thats the attitude of Sacramento right there....
it really don't make shit bit of difference
i bet it does to those living at the Epicenter....yea they are Californians too...

There is an earthquake site on the internet.

I was surprised how many there are in this part of the nation.

Earthquakes in Sharon, Pennsylvania, United States - Most Recent

6.4 is not big.

9 is big.

You've never been near the epicenter of a 6.4 earthquake; in 1957 I was taking a spelling test at my elementary school when a 5.7 quake interrupted the test. The immediate jolt set some of my schoolmates to cry out as our desks (two at a desk) moved up n& down rather violently, and the hanging lights in the classroom swayed rapidly.

We were less than a mile from that quakes epicenter.

In 1989 I left work and went to a hotel adjacent to the tarmac of a general aviation airport. I parked in the back of the hotel, and as I was parking and listening to the pre game (Oak -SF world series - I was to meet my colleagues to watch the game) my 3/4 ton Dodge Van began to bounce. The radio went to static and as I stepped out of the van, the door to the hotel slammed open and guest ran out of the building.

I looked at the tarmac and could see waves going across the black top, and the light posts swing as if there was a strong wing - there was no wind and very hot afternoon).

We were over 100 miles north of that epicenter near Santa Cruz.

In Aug 2014 I was asleep about 35 miles south of Napa. I was awakened and knew immediately we were having a quake. I awoke my wife with, "L. Earthquake" before I realized the quake was not near the epicenter for it was a rolling one, meaning it was at least a 6. some distance away. We had no damage, but the City of Napa had quite a few properties damaged. That quake was 6.0

Shoot. Them falling into the ocean would give us twice as much reason for July 4th to be Independence Day.

Careful what you wish for, your wine, fruit and veggies, nuts and rice will be much more costly.
You know that the only part of California on the pacific plate is from Santa Cruz to Inverness. The rest of the state is on the stable side.
I wonder if Trump will consider you part of the USA when you beg for help.

I think California is on his shit list

We are. He's a narcissist and hates all the states (and the people) who didn't vote for him. A leader he is not.

6.4 is not big.

9 is big.

You've never been near the epicenter of a 6.4 earthquake; in 1957 I was taking a spelling test at my elementary school when a 5.7 quake interrupted the test. The immediate jolt set some of my schoolmates to cry out as our desks (two at a desk) moved up n& down rather violently, and the hanging lights in the classroom swayed rapidly.

In 1989 I left work and went to a hotel adjacent to the tarmac of a general aviation airport. I parked in the back of the hotel, and as I was parking and listening to the pre game (Oak -SF world series - I was to meet my colleagues to watch the game) my 3/4 ton Dodge Van began to bounce. The radio went to static and as I stepped out of the van, the door to the hotel slammed open and guest ran out of the building.

I looked at the tarmac and could see waves going across the black top, and the light posts swing as if there was a strong wing - there was no wind and very hot afternoon).

In Aug 2014 I was asleep about 35 miles south of Napa. I was awakened and knew immediately we were having a quake. I awoke my wife with, "L. Earthquake" before I realized the quake was not near the epicenter for it was a rolling one, meaning it was at least a 6. some distance away. We had no damage, but the City of Napa had quite a few properties damaged. That quake was 6.0
I was watching the game.

And for the poster that asked why did the CA quake happen on the 4th? Answer this, why did the quake happen during the World Series. Think it's remote controlled? Loser.

The trampling of tens of thousands of Illegal immigrants feet set off the earthquakes
I'll bet you and your fellow "Christian" nutters were praying for a high death count among brown and black skinned people, along with all registered democrats when you first heard the news.
Do you ever take a break from your trolling?
Crackheads don’t sleep.
You would know.

6.4 magnitude earthquake in Southern California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A large earthquake has rattled a large swath of Southern California. There are no immediate reports of damage.

Oh well happens all the time lol
Nothing...it hit in the middle of the desert...we barely felt it...thought the dog was scratching himself while leaning against my chair.
I'm glad to hear you're OK...the dog analogy was perfect, amusingly accurate

6.4 is not big.

9 is big.

Imagine what a 9 would be like. The scale is logarithmic. A 9 is 1000 times stronger than a 6.

6.4 magnitude earthquake in Southern California
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — A large earthquake has rattled a large swath of Southern California. There are no immediate reports of damage.

There was one relatively new aspect to this particular shake:

Your link:

"The quake was detected by California's new ShakeAlert system and it provided 48 seconds of warning to the seismology lab well before the shaking arrived at Caltech in the Los Angeles suburb of Pasadena but it did not trigger a public warning through an app recently made available in Los Angeles County.

"USGS seismologist Robert Graves said the ShakeAlert system worked properly."

I'm not sure which fault line this happened on.
sanandreasmap-1000x1500-57ec123c3df78c690f4d0832.jpg

The Next Big One may well be on the San Andreas.

6.4 is not big.

9 is big.

the 94 Northridge one was my biggest....6.7....that one got the Adrenalin flowing.....

Shoot. Them falling into the ocean would give us twice as much reason for July 4th to be Independence Day.

Careful what you wish for, your wine, fruit and veggies, nuts and rice will be much more costly.
Don't drink wine and am indifferent to nuts and rice. Most of my fruit is local and I grow a lot of my own veg. I will survive.

You'd be surprised how many conservatives live in Ca. Get rid of the illegals and Ca. is a red state.

I last voted for the Green Party, so you will have to find a better selling point than saving conservatives.

Correct. Earthquakes in California happen all the time. This isn’t exactly news

You should see Fox news they haven't shut up yet about it and yes it is RARE where it happen so ding! your wrong again since I was being sarcastic " about happening all the time" .

They are highly concerned about the after shocks .

There are reports of damage and fire

3 hrs jack
Slow news day...that's why.

You'd be surprised how many conservatives live in Ca. Get rid of the illegals and Ca. is a red state.

I last voted for the Green Party, so you will have to find a better selling point than saving conservatives.
Then you should probably be living in Berkley.

6.4 is not big.

9 is big.

the 94 Northridge one was my biggest....6.7....that one got the Adrenalin flowing.....
Well, a 7 is ten times the energy of a 6. So a 6.7 probably moved the furniture around the house a bit....

Then you should probably be living in Berkley.

Not a fan of pot-smoking lesbians or jesus sandals. I would be willing to sit on top of my washing machine meditating during the spin cycle every July 4th in memory of their sacrifice none the less.

Forum List

Back