🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

6 In 10 Young Republicans Favor Legal Marijuana...So why dont Republicans?

Alcohol destroys the mind body and spirit. It's toxic, hence the term intoxication. And yet it's legal

It is possible to die of alcohol poisoning. It destroys the liver and prematurely ages those who are addicted to it.

Weed has several medicinal uses and yet it's illegal and alcohol is not.

This makes no sense.

I haver no issue with legal pot. But pretending its a harmless substance is just stupid.

Yes, it has benefits to terminal cancer patients, but so does morphine. Should we sell morphine in convenience stores?

It has benefits to a lot more people than just cancer patients. Stress, insomnia, chronic pain, all are helped by smoking pot. Or ingesting it. Recent studies suggest that it is helpful for Alzheimer's patients as well.

Pot works as well or better than morphine and other pain drugs without the addiction side effect and without the drug hangover of other chemical alternatives.

You can make a argument that pot can be made legal because we have liberty in this country. On the same note it does cause harm to more then just those who smoke it so laws can be made to prohibit it. Leave it to the states to decide

It has benefits to a lot more people than just cancer patients. Stress, insomnia, chronic pain, all are helped by smoking pot. Or ingesting it. Recent studies suggest that it is helpful for Alzheimer's patients as well.

Pot works as well or better than morphine and other pain drugs without the addiction side effect and without the drug hangover of other chemical alternatives.

then make it a controlled substance used for medical purposes with a prescription. Everything you listed is a medical condition.

No one is advocating driving under the influence. That would still be illegal if Marijuana was decriminalized.

funny, libs want to ban tobacco products and legalize pot. why funny? because pot is much more damaging to lungs than tobacco.

libs have to have a cause, race, gay, pot, tobacco, alcohol, muslims, its a sickness.
In Amsterdam you cannot smoke tobacco in coffee shops. You smoke a lot less pot than tobacco, so it is not more damaging to your lungs.

Yes, Amsterdam is a walking contradiction on smoke products. and you are totally wrong on the quantity of pot and the lung damage it causes.
Not from the reports that I have read.

then you need to do more research
It only takes common sense, not research. If you smoke cigarettes, you smoke more tobacco than pot. This is why researchers say that pot being more damaging is not the problem it would appear to be.
This is a moot point for me, I vaporize.

I always tell young people that the legalization of Marijuana on the federal level, isn't likely to happen for many many years, if ever at all. I remind them that the ones making the laws, are old farts who are completely out of touch. I urge them to elect younger politicians.

They're never gonna get anywhere with the old farts. Most of them see Marijuana = ISIS. They see it as pure evil. Ironically, most of those same old farts get hammered on alcohol every chance they get. Young people just need to realize that it's the old farts making and enforcing the laws. They need to start electing young people for any real change to happen.

Pot has many medicinal properties, without many of the harmful side effects. It's very helpful in dealing with insomnia, without the chemical hangover and addictive properties of pharmaceutical sleep aids. It's good for chronic pain without the risk of addiction. It's also good for stress relief and a range of other medical problems.

I've been to parties where everyone was smoking week and there are never problems. But drinking parties - fights, people throwing up, bottles and mess everywhere.

Anyone who is impaired, be it alcohol, marijuana or prescription drugs, should not be getting behind the wheel of a car. Pot should be legalized so we can tax the hell out of it, and get the criminal element out of the production and sale of pot.
Pot gets you high and makes you hungry. No medical benefits. You are perpetrating a myth
Listen to him. And they say pot makes you stupid.

funny, libs want to ban tobacco products and legalize pot. why funny? because pot is much more damaging to lungs than tobacco.

libs have to have a cause, race, gay, pot, tobacco, alcohol, muslims, its a sickness.
In Amsterdam you cannot smoke tobacco in coffee shops. You smoke a lot less pot than tobacco, so it is not more damaging to your lungs.

Yes, Amsterdam is a walking contradiction on smoke products. and you are totally wrong on the quantity of pot and the lung damage it causes.

It only takes common sense, not research. If you smoke cigarettes, you smoke more tobacco than pot. This is why researchers say that pot being more damaging is not the problem it would appear to be.

thats foolish. one joint or one cigarette have the same amount of smoke and the joint has more harmful chemicals in it.

Yes, if someone who smokes 40 cigs a day is compared to a person who smokes 2 joints a day, guess what? But put it on a one to one basis and pot is worse for the human body.

Yes, vaporizing is a great alternative.

thats foolish. one joint or one cigarette have the same amount of smoke and the joint has more harmful chemicals in it.

Yes, if someone who smokes 40 cigs a day is compared to a person who smokes 2 joints a day, guess what? But put it on a one to one basis and pot is worse for the human body.
Yes, I know that, but you are totally missing the point.

Yes, vaporizing is a great alternative.
It is a totally different high too. It is great when you have physical work to do, like yard work.

People just need to get past the old-thinking that the act of doing drugs is a criminal act. It's not. Not anymore than drinking alcohol is. It's an individual adult decision. It's not a Government issue. Government should mind its own business.

no, I get your point, that pot smokers on average smoke less than tobacco smokers. I understand what you are trying to say. But it is not a valid argument.

People just need to get past the old-thinking that the act of doing drugs is a criminal act. It's not. Not anymore than drinking alcohol is. It's an individual adult decision. It's not a Government issue. Government should mind its own business.

I kind of agree, but when those actions impact the rest of society------------------i.e. obamacare where the health expenses are spread over the entire population.

no, I get your point, that pot smokers on average smoke less than tobacco smokers. I understand what you are trying to say. But it is not a valid argument.
Yes it is a valid argument. The pot ends up not doing the damage that tobacco does. And you can vaporize it like I do and that problem goes away.

Hey, let's not ban Marijuana, Cigarettes, or Big Sodas. I know it sounds crazy, but let's give freedom & liberty a chance. Whatta ya say Nanny/Police Staters?

I kind of agree, but when those actions impact the rest of society------------------i.e. obamacare where the health expenses are spread over the entire population.

Everything effects health expenses. I'm sick of that old & tired argument. People like to get high & drunk. So what? As long as they're not hurting others, let em get high & drunk. The Government should just mind its own business. It has many other more important things to worry about... Or should be worried about anyway.

Crusty Old Farts make and enforce the laws. So young people need to elect young politicians, and then wait for the old farts to die off. Only then can things really change.

This not about Big Pharmacy it is more about the police agencies protecting their own fiefdoms.From the DEA to your local police force
are trying to protect their budgets. If marijuana legal they will loose that money that went to prevent marijuana use, not to mention the fines and the profits from drug related forfeitures from cars to homes.

It is a criminal act

Forum List

Back