60 Percent Of Americans Soon Will Live In States With Marriage Equality

The total population of those states, based on 2013 estimates from the Census Bureau, is about 190 million. Just over 60 percent of the U.S. population now lives in a state where marriage equality soon will be legal.

And with Millennials coming into the mjority they stand out for voting heavily Democratic and for liberal views on many political and social issues, ranging from a belief in an activist government to support for same-sex marriage and marijuana legalization.

These findings are based on a new Pew Research Center survey conducted
Feb. 14-23, 2014 among 1,821 adults nationwide, including 617 Millennial adults, and analysis of other Pew Research Center surveys conducted between 1990 and 2014.

Millennials in Adulthood Pew Research Center s Social Demographic Trends Project

You're correct, with almost every word........we are doomed as a free society. The power of 2.5% of the population over the majority, a legalized drug that does not make you smarter or more ambitious, and the dismantling of the central family unit. Bravo libs!! You're almost at utopia.

You're talking about the control that people have over people, then complain the liberals don't want to ban things that don't harm others when consumed alone.

I don't get it.

Traditional marriage?

"2Oldest Marriage Certificate

The Elephantine Papyri are a collection of documents dated to the 5th Century BC found on the island of Elephantine in the River Nile. At the time a Jewish settlement called Yeb was located there as an Egyptian garrison. Among the various letters and contracts were three marriage certificates, the oldest known to survive.

The contracts appear to have been drawn up in unusual situations. The brides were a slave, a former slave, and a divorcee. The purpose of the documents was to record the economics of the wedding, including the dowry. If the marriage was later dissolved, the wife got to take this along with the possessions she brought with her. One lucky groom was named Ananiah ben Azariah and his bride was a handmaiden called Tamut. The certificate contains sections that have been erased or added to, suggesting last-minute negotiations."

:)

The total population of those states, based on 2013 estimates from the Census Bureau, is about 190 million. Just over 60 percent of the U.S. population now lives in a state where marriage equality soon will be legal.

And with Millennials coming into the mjority they stand out for voting heavily Democratic and for liberal views on many political and social issues, ranging from a belief in an activist government to support for same-sex marriage and marijuana legalization.

Feb. 14-23, 2014 among 1,821 adults nationwide, including 617 Millennial adults, and analysis of other Pew Research Center surveys conducted between 1990 and 2014.

Millennials in Adulthood Pew Research Center s Social Demographic Trends Project

You're correct, with almost every word........we are doomed as a free society. The power of 2.5% of the population over the majority, a legalized drug that does not make you smarter or more ambitious, and the dismantling of the central family unit. Bravo libs!! You're almost at utopia.
FYI...Jews make up about 2.5% of the population. Are they the people seeking equal rights you are currently whining about?

FYI...Jews make up about 2.5% of the population. Are they the people seeking equal rights you are currently whining about?

No. Are you not following the discussion? Or are you just obsessed with the Jews?

You ignore my point with/for the opportunity to illustrate unrelated intolerance?

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

Why do you ignore the majority population, or the constitutional rights of individuals? Millions just lost their voice, vote and rights (hate to repeat myself, but I must), for the sake of a very small minority that is misrepresented in popular culture/politics/ideology.

I think you missed my point altogether.

I don't get it.

I know. And that is the problem.

I don't get it.

So, why did you feel the need to take part of my quote out of this then?

Are you saying it makes sense for the right to talk about too much power of too few, then to talk about how you don't like it when people aren't controlled.

Please tell me how this is consistent.

I don't get it.

Are you saying it makes sense for the right to talk about too much power of too few, then to talk about how you don't like it when people aren't controlled.

the morals and ethics of any society should be those favored by a majority of the members of that society. When we allow minority views to be forced on the majority, then the society is in serious trouble.

Our founders left europe to escape minority rule, and you libs want to establish it here.

You want the government to dictate what the people must believe. You support a minority (the government) setting the standards of right and wrong for the majority.

Why not let the governing minority decide all elections? Why waste time with voting?

I don't get it.

the morals and ethics of any society should be those favored by a majority of the members of that society. When we allow minority views to be forced on the majority, then the society is in serious trouble.

Our founders left europe to escape minority rule, and you libs want to establish it here.

You want the government to dictate what the people must believe. You support a minority (the government) setting the standards of right and wrong for the majority.

Why not let the governing minority decide all elections? Why waste time with voting?

Apply your statement above to Loving v Virginia, Fishy. (keeping in mind what the majority thought of interracial relationships)

No. Are you not following the discussion? Or are you just obsessed with the Jews?

You ignore my point with/for the opportunity to illustrate unrelated intolerance?

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

Why do you ignore the majority population, or the constitutional rights of individuals? Millions just lost their voice, vote and rights (hate to repeat myself, but I must), for the sake of a very small minority that is misrepresented in popular culture/politics/ideology.

You seem to think the majority are allowed to vote away the rights of the minority....do you?

I don't get it.

Apply your statement above to Loving v Virginia, Fishy. (keeping in mind what the majority thought of interracial relationships)

the couple in Loving were a man and a woman. The majority accepted interracial marriage, thats why the laws were changed. Our laws are changed by majority vote, either by congress, the people, or the SCOTUS. This country is based on majority rule, anything else is tyranny.

If, at some time in the future, a majority vote to legalize gay marriage by federal law, I will accept that as the will of the people, are you willing to do the same if the vote goes that other way?

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

You seem to think the majority are allowed to vote away the rights of the minority....do you?

He knows they can't, he just WANTS them to be able to.

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

what you don't get is that minority rights are established by majority vote. the provisions of the constitution were put in place by a majority vote of the states.

you are misstating the entire issue.

I don't get it.

They did? Link to proof of that.

I don't get it.

the couple in Loving were a man and a woman. The majority accepted interracial marriage, thats why the laws were changed. Our laws are changed by majority vote, either by congress, the people, or the SCOTUS. This country is based on majority rule, anything else is tyranny.

If, at some time in the future, a majority vote to legalize gay marriage by federal law, I will accept that as the will of the people, are you willing to do the same if the vote goes that other way?

Come on Fishy, you cannot be that ignorant. Loving was ruled on in 1967. Look at what the "majority" thought of interracial marriages.

bb8ic2qate-wa_cbgc2ifg.png

Look VERY carefully at where "the majority" was in 1967.

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

what you don't get is that minority rights are established by majority vote. the provisions of the constitution were put in place by a majority vote of the states.

So you are saying that the majority GIVES rights to the minority by voting them rights?

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

In contrast, you want the minority to vote away the rights of the majority---------can't you see that?

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

In contrast, you want the minority to vote away the rights of the majority---------can't you see that?

There is no right being taken away from bigots.

Libs are so predictable.

Where did I whine?

So you are saying that the majority GIVES rights to the minority by voting them rights?

No, rights are given to everyone equally. Thats the way our system works.

marriage is not a right under the constitution---------------if you think it is, quote the language.

Forum List

Back