60 Year Old Woman Shoots 2 of 7 ‘Knock Out’ Attackers

Do you think they intended to kill her? If not, do you think death is the proper penalty for mugging someone? She killed two people and you appear to think that is something to celebrate. Are there any other ways of protecting yourself from this 'knock out' thing besides killing people? According to an article from USA Today, online,

Could this 60 year old woman have crossed the street when she saw the teenagers approaching, walked with a friend, or walked in a different area? Could her neighborhood have better police protection? Could she have used a stun gun or some other non-lethal type of weapon? Do teenagers deserve the death penalty for trying to knock someone down?

The thing that I find disturbing is people apparently taking so much joy in the fact of killing other human beings. Doesn't it bring you down to the level of the thug or hoodlum you are so censorious of?
Assuming this is in fact juveniles playing knockout, then I would say her actions were self defense. And I'm pretty liberal and no friend of gun nutters. This "game" is very dangerous and predatory and cowardly. If you're not an active duty Navy Seal, then I would acknowledge that a firearm is appropriate self defense under these circumstances. That said, there are behaviors and strategies people can learn to make themselves less
Iikely to be selected as victims.
It's really very simple: stay away from areas where this is happening.
What ? Stay away from areas until the thugs run every freedom loving citizen into the ocean one day ? If they could that is exactly what they would wish for, but I am for taking back the streets myself, and implementing freedom for all who want to live free again, and not in the opposite. Esmeralda your logic here is badly flawed, even if it is a test and/or mock scenario that has been used here. Are you for creating safe havens for thugs and criminals in this nation (ones in which you advocate for the good citizens to stay away from) ?

Last edited:
Come again?

Knocked it out of the park.

Are you kidding?

Why stroke that idiot's ego like that?

2463812-2304795-good_good_let_the_butthurt_flow_through_you_1.jpg

Do you think they intended to kill her? If not, do you think death is the proper penalty for mugging someone? She killed two people and you appear to think that is something to celebrate. Are there any other ways of protecting yourself from this 'knock out' thing besides killing people? According to an article from USA Today, online,
Michelle Boykins, a spokeswoman for the National Crime Prevention Council, said what is so disturbing about the trend is that it is so random and the intent is to hurt someone seriously.

She said that the instances often involve someone walking alone, so she suggests the tried-and-true ways to stay safe: walk with a friend and always remain aware of your surroundings.

"There is safety in numbers," she said. "And if you are by yourself, there is nothing wrong for you to decide to cross the street if you see a group of people walking toward you.

Could this 60 year old woman have crossed the street when she saw the teenagers approaching, walked with a friend, or walked in a different area? Could her neighborhood have better police protection? Could she have used a stun gun or some other non-lethal type of weapon? Do teenagers deserve the death penalty for trying to knock someone down?

The thing that I find disturbing is people apparently taking so much joy in the fact of killing other human beings. Doesn't it bring you down to the level of the thug or hoodlum you are so censorious of?
I have a simple question for you. Would you rather someone knock out your 60 year old mother or would you rather she defended her self because she thought he life was in danger and killed the person (s) who were assaulting her?
I am all for anyone, especially my mother, exercising theirt right to self-defense any time there is a legitimate need to do so. Two dead thugs beats a trip for mom to the hospital any and every day.

Come again?

And? Did I suggest banning guns? No. Got any more?

Idiot, you were advocating an assault weapons ban. Pretty plain to see. They say confession is good for the soul. Man up, LoneLaugher.

I advocate restrictions on assault weapons. Not on guns in general. You are really failing here. I......own......firearms. I am not in favor of banning guns. I am in favor of regulating them. You are wrong.

Michelle Boykins, a spokeswoman for the National Crime Prevention Council, said what is so disturbing about the trend is that it is so random and the intent is to hurt someone seriously.

She said that the instances often involve someone walking alone, so she suggests the tried-and-true ways to stay safe: walk with a friend and always remain aware of your surroundings.

"There is safety in numbers," she said. "And if you are by yourself, there is nothing wrong for you to decide to cross the street if you see a group of people walking toward you.

How did she know their intentions? I'm sorry, when you do really stupid things, the law of unintentional consequences kicks in. To intentionally hurt someone is not something I would do, even when I was young, I respected people older than I was.

Maybe the surviving kids will learn a lesson and now they live that their actions contributed to the death of their friends.

Whether they meant to kill her or not, people have died from that game. That makes it attempted murder in my mind.

You. Zona.

To name a couple.

I am a gun owner you moron. I carry as well. A lot of people do here.

Show me one link where I said "ban guns". Just one. If you do, I will come back here and say I am sorry. Will you.

FUCKING LIAR [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]

As for you:

You kept referring to gun owners as "armed thugs" in this thread.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/323975-gun-nuts-intimidate-mothers-in-parking-lot.html

If that isn't any indication of your views on gun control, I don't know what is.

Those women were there for "responsible gun owners" and those armed thugs were there to intimate them. Fuck those assholes. They were armed and they were assholes. I am for responsible gun ownership, not to intimate women who are there for a meeting to discuss responsible gun ownership.

Keep digging though. This is fun.

I have a simple question for you. Would you rather someone knock out your 60 year old mother or would you rather she defended her self because she thought he life was in danger and killed the person (s) who were assaulting her?
I am all for anyone, especially my mother, exercising theirt right to self-defense any time there is a legitimate need to do so. Two dead thugs beats a trip for mom to the hospital any and every day.

Thanks Captain Obvious! You are like most of us in that respect. Welcome aboard.

I am a gun owner you moron. I carry as well. A lot of people do here.

Show me one link where I said "ban guns". Just one. If you do, I will come back here and say I am sorry. Will you.

FUCKING LIAR [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]

As for you:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/current-events/323975-gun-nuts-intimidate-mothers-in-parking-lot.html

If that isn't any indication of your views on gun control, I don't know what is.

Those women were there for "responsible gun owners" and those armed thugs were there to intimate them. Fuck those assholes. They were armed and they were assholes. I am for responsible gun ownership, not to intimate women who are there for a meeting to discuss responsible gun ownership.

You missed it. The dummy already claimed victory.

Both of us own guns, dickhead.

Got any more libs who want to ban guns AND think shooting thugs who assault innocent people is OK? Any? You dumb fuck.

HA!

No more soup for you, LL!

You are taking a hell of a beating here [MENTION=43268]TemplarKormac[/MENTION]. (just stop....I am not for gun banning, I am for responsible gun ownership...get it yet?)

Assuming this is in fact juveniles playing knockout, then I would say her actions were self defense. And I'm pretty liberal and no friend of gun nutters. This "game" is very dangerous and predatory and cowardly. If you're not an active duty Navy Seal, then I would acknowledge that a firearm is appropriate self defense under these circumstances. That said, there are behaviors and strategies people can learn to make themselves less
Iikely to be selected as victims.
It's really very simple: stay away from areas where this is happening.
What ? Stay away from areas until the thugs run every freedom loving citizen into the ocean one day ? If they could that is exactly what they would wish for, but I am for taking back the streets myself, and implementing freedom for all who want to live free again, and not in the opposite. Esmeralda your logic here is badly flawed, even if it is a test and/or mock scenario that has been used here. Are you for creating safe havens for thugs and criminals in this nation (ones in which you advocate for the good citizens to stay away from) ?

And....another! Like flies to honey.

And? Did I suggest banning guns? No. Got any more?

Idiot, you were advocating an assault weapons ban. Pretty plain to see. They say confession is good for the soul. Man up, LoneLaugher.
I advocate restrictions on assault weapons....
Really.

1: Define the additional restrictions you seek
2: Show the necessity for these measures
3: Show that these measures will meet the need you described
4: Show that these measures do not infringe upon the rights of the law abiding
5: Do all of this without arguing from emotion, ignorance, dishonesty or any other logical fallacies.

I do look forward to your response.

I advocate restrictions on assault weapons....
Really.

1: Define the additional restrictions you seek
2: Show the necessity for these measures
3: Show that these measures will meet the need you described
4: Show that these measures do not infringe upon the rights of the law abiding
5: Do all of this without arguing from emotion, ignorance, dishonesty or any other logical fallacies.

I do look forward to your response.

You will not get it. I have discussed that shit in previous threads. Check the archives. I am a gun owner and do not want to ban guns. That is the matter at hand in this discussion. Enjoy your day.

ca04c469a453cde96a177e91997888d9ff3a015742726d1234651dbd7c5ae780.jpg

"Do teenagers deserve the death penalty for trying to knock someone down?"

Wrong question!

Teenagers need to understand that if they go around attacking innocent people, trying to knock them out, that some of those people may be armed and will shoot their sorry asses.

These teenagers brought about their own deaths. Actions have consiquinces.

If this were happening in my city, I would simply not go to those neighborhoods. I would not live in a crime ridden neighborhoood, even if I had to live in a tiny, one room apartment. Many times people make choices that lead to their being placed in harm's way or in dangerous situations. I'm not blaming the victim, but in a way it's no different than choosing to go bunging jumping, mountain climbing, or sky diving: if you make the choice to do something dangerous, you have to expect there may be consequences. If this woman has been mugged a couple of times already, why doesn't she move instead of getting a gun? What is the joy in killing someone? And, she was only lucky, really; she could have just as easily been killed herself. Staying away from a potentially dangerous situation is far safer than going into one armed. I have been in a situation where my life was threatened by someone with a gun, so I am not just talking through my hat. I was also threated once by someone with a knife, someone holding a knife on me. I do know about these situations and how to avoid them. My solution was to learn to avoid them, not arm myself and think 'make my day.'

And what neighborhood would be one that has no crime? You are a complete dolt. Crime can occur in any neighborhood.

As for you:

You missed it. The dummy already claimed victory.

Its like his head is exploding because liberals own guns. lololol

"Do teenagers deserve the death penalty for trying to knock someone down?"

Wrong question!

Teenagers need to understand that if they go around attacking innocent people, trying to knock them out, that some of those people may be armed and will shoot their sorry asses.

These teenagers brought about their own deaths. Actions have consiquinces.

If this were happening in my city, I would simply not go to those neighborhoods. I would not live in a crime ridden neighborhoood, even if I had to live in a tiny, one room apartment. Many times people make choices that lead to their being placed in harm's way or in dangerous situations. I'm not blaming the victim, but in a way it's no different than choosing to go bunging jumping, mountain climbing, or sky diving: if you make the choice to do something dangerous, you have to expect there may be consequences. If this woman has been mugged a couple of times already, why doesn't she move instead of getting a gun? What is the joy in killing someone? And, she was only lucky, really; she could have just as easily been killed herself. Staying away from a potentially dangerous situation is far safer than going into one armed. I have been in a situation where my life was threatened directly by someone with a gun, so I am not just talking through my hat.

So if you ever get mugged you are going to move?

It's the teenagers that made the situation dangerous, not the sixty year old lady.
I doubt that she had any joy from killing the two she shot.

She is going to move BEFORE she gets mugged. Because she knows where she will and will not get mugged.

No. I have never expressed a willingness to ban guns. You fail again, loser.

Come again?

It is nuts to WANT to own assault weapons. It is nuts to get off on going to the range and shooting assault weapons. It is nuts to think that introducing more assault weapons into the mix will result in fewer incidents of gun violence.

This is your example of a liberal saying ban guns? Wow. Keep digging liar. Keep digging.

By the way, I AM A GUN OWNER...WHY WOULD I SAY BAN GUNS? Yes, I feel as though people who are not responsible should not own them. Yes I feel as though Cleetus should not be able to own nuclear weapons just like Leroy should not be able to own a tank.

I feel as though responsible people should be able to protect themselves and their families and homes.

You contradict yourself. Define "responsible" in your quaint liberal terms for me. Your comparison of nuclear weapons to small arms is pretty funny.

Forum List

Back