61% Americans Say Abortions Should Be Legal!

Now the quite part Democrats don’t want to talk about out loud:

65% said abortion should usually be illegal in the second trimester, and 80% said that about the third trimester.

In other words, if Democrats are forced to fight for their actual position on abortion legislatively, they'll be demolished. Third-term abortions are an 80%-20% loser. Second-term abortions are a 65%-35% loser.

So... will Democrats fight for a federal abortion law promising people the right to an abortion in the first fifteen weeks of pregnancy? The period of time the current Mississippi law permits? The one they're claiming is a monstrosity that strips away women's rights?
BRING ON THE FIGHT!

Abortions will continue to be legal. The court is simply getting out of birth laws....that simple.
It was never their job.

Yeah, back in the 1860s but you already knew that.

I seriously don't understand what you're talking about. Back in the 1860s the only fighting was the Civil War. And that was a fight over states rights between conservative Democrats in the south, and and liberal Republicans in the north. Those liberals HATED the states being able to exercise their rights.

I seriously don't understand what you're talking about. Back in the 1860s the only fighting was the Civil War. And that was a fight over states rights between conservative Democrats in the south, and and liberal Republicans in the north. Those liberals HATED the states being able to exercise their rights.

State rights was the main issue but the issue of the day was did states have rights to slaves. Had there been no slavery, no civil war would have happened.

65% said abortion should usually be illegal in the second trimester, and 80% said that about the third trimester.

In other words, if Democrats are forced to fight for their actual position on abortion legislatively, they'll be demolished. Third-term abortions are an 80%-20% loser. Second-term abortions are a 65%-35% loser.

So... will Democrats fight for a federal abortion law promising people the right to an abortion in the first fifteen weeks of pregnancy? The period of time the current Mississippi law permits? The one they're claiming is a monstrosity that strips away women's rights?
BRING ON THE FIGHT!

So, you’re arguing that in some instances, abortion should be safe and legal. Good, you’re with nearly 80% of the public.

I'm against it not for religious or political reasons.

I'm against it because I know abortion is killing a human being for no reason. Soon as that egg is fertilized it is a human being and will spend the next 17 to 20 years evolving and growing into a adult. It's simply how it is. If you leave the fertilized egg alone it will grow and be born (of course barring unforeseen issues).

If I say it's wrong to kill a 43 year old person or a 11 month old person for no reason then it's hypocritical of me to say it's ok to kill a fetus because it's still a person also, it's just in early stages of development.
So, you believe in killing a human being for some reasons ?
Abortion is not killing a fetus for no reason.

BRING ON THE FIGHT!

Funny you seem to have missed the headline.

AP-NORC poll: Most say restrict abortion after 1st trimester

The vast majority of Americans believe there should be limits on abortion, a larger percentage than believe it should be legal.

The only real disagreement is when, where, and how those limits should be codified by law.

Lol, do keep up. The southern liberal democrats were fighting for slavery. The liberals of the 1950s welcomed segregation. Even today, liberals segregate race, ethnicities, etc. They never change.
"Liberals" really didn't exist at that time, they were just Democrats.

Without republicans being willing to sign on the civil rights act would never have passed.

Forum List

Back