67% of Public Support Obama's Executive Action On Guns

The Right is enraged that a guy under a restraining order for stalking his adulterous wife is going to be denied the right to buy a 1911 45 from a gun seller who will soon be forced to do a background check.

He would not be allowed to do so with a background check BEFORE Obama's EO, which I still have not seen.

It is not illegal for small gun dealers to sell this man a gun without a background check. Obama's EO will presumably narrow that loophole.

Two Thumbs, on the other hand, has somehow morphed the entire scenario into one in which the intended victim would ALSO be denied the right to buy a gun, which is, of course, utter nonsense before or after the EO. It is the sort of overreach that gun nuts love to do, without regard for the fact that it is utterly untrue that anything being proposed is going to take away a law abiding legal purchaser's right to purchase a firearm..

How will it accomplish that? There is no way it could possibly come to anyone's attention if the background check is never run!

This entire grandstanding is based on 100% compliance with the law. Well, we already know criminals do not follow the law, so what is the point?

If I sell a gun to someone when I should have run a background check, and did not, I am guilty of a felony, and if that guy uses that gun to kill someone, you can be damned sure that it will be traced by to me, and I am in for some heavy duty shit.

Individuals who are not gun dealers do not have to perform background checks....and again...as I keep posting and you guys fail to answer in any meaningful way...

criminals do not use individual sales to get illegal guns....they steal them or use straw purchasers who can enter a licensed gun store and pass a background check...

So....a Straw purchaser can go to an individual and even if that individual runs a background check...it will come back clean.....and he can then sell the gun and the straw buyer can then sell the gun to the criminal....

So exactly how is that going to stop criminals or mass shooters from getting guns?

That is because there is so much guns that flooded our streets. People are dying with guns and your only solution is drowning the streets with more guns. The EO will not solve all the gun problems but it's a start.

ObamaWantsMyGuns_zpsoenhjwju.jpg

I don't believe for one second 67% of America supports this no more than I believe the unemployment rate is around 5%. Dumb ass left loons will believe anything

Refused to believed that doesn't mean it's wrong. I also well known that most of GOPs refused to accept that we have black president.
Which regards to unemployment hope this link will clear your confusions. I'm currently hiring people and I have to pay extra to relocate couple of engineers from Las Vegas to San Diego. That tells you the unemployment is low and I could have tell you the other way. I don't lie. I post what is real.

Why 87 Million Americans Are Not Working
GFY loon and cease bothering people with your nonsense

Prove to me that I'm talking nonsense compared to your no brainer hatred *conspiracy theory*.

Okay. I was talking with my brother about this on Team Speak. What this amounts to is by making individuals and private owners who sell guns at gun shows register for FFL's, they've essentially outlawed gun shows and private sale of firearms between one individual or another. That, and gun shows will become defunct if this EO stays.

Because now, the only people who would be allowed to sell guns there would be the local gun shops. My brother owns two guns, and if I interpret what the EO says, he won't be able to sell anyone a gun without getting a FFL and doing a background on someone.

How unreasonable is that?
Wrong again, as usual.

In order to be eligible for an FFL 01, or to be required to obtain such a license, one must be in the actual business of selling firearms for profit:

“[A firearms dealer is a] person who devotes time, attention, and labor to dealing in firearms as a regular course of trade or business with the principal objective of livelihood and profit through the repetitive purchase and resale of firearms, but such term shall not include a person who makes occasional sales, exchanges, or purchases of firearms for the enhancement of a personal collection or for a hobby, or who sells all or part of his personal collection of firearms.” 18 U.S.C. § 921(a)(21)(C).

Consequently, an owner of two guns would be able to sell both guns absent an FFL and background check, unaffected by the president's EO.

What's unreasonable his how you and others on the right refuse to research the actual laws and facts concerning all manner of issues, and instead continue to propagate ridiculous fallacies, misinformation, and lies.

What does the EO say?
What the law says, those in the business of selling firearms must obtain a license to do so:

“Clarify that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business—from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks.”

FACT SHEET: New Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence and Make Our Communities Safer

Again, the EO is enforcement policy, a guideline as how to implement the law and ensure compliance – it is not a 'new law,' a 'decree,' or 'going around' Congress.

can you prove all those people who failed background checks never got a gun anyway?
That means absolutely nothing to this discussion.
Wasn't the point
can you prove all those people who failed background checks never got a gun anyway?
I didn't know I was talking to you
Immaterial, sunshine. Your comment means absolutely nothing to this OP. Nothing.

Last edited:
Non whites?

Who creates these stupid fucking polls?
cnn.best news channel of world

I guess. for those who like to be mislead and not live in reality
most american people isnt live in reality?
because cnn is most famous news channel in usa .even republican debate was two ...
but fox news was one..... at 2015
You CLEARLY are not American. Or you got the worst education of any American I've ever met. If CNN was Americans favorite news channel Fox news wouldn't be DOMINATING them in both ratings & profits.

Just shut up before you make yourself look any dumber.

People like watching Fox News because it's good for busting Obama nothing more. It is also well known in other countries how we disrespect Obama. This is funny an Iranian telling you how disgusting Fox News is.
Yup, that is why Obama kicked our GOP ass very easily in the last two general elections.

Skull, since the only people who will denied the right to buy a firearm under this EO are people to whom it is illegal to sell a firearm, it is reasonable to assume that requiring background checks is somehow going to cut into your personal profits. I truly sympathize with you that you are going to be put out of the black market arms business.

Non whites?

Who creates these stupid fucking polls?

because cnn is most famous news channel in usa .even republican debate was two ...
You CLEARLY are not American. Or you got the worst education of any American I've ever met. If CNN was Americans favorite news channel Fox news wouldn't be DOMINATING them in both ratings & profits.

People like watching Fox News because it's good for busting Obama nothing more. It is also well known in other countries how we disrespect Obama. This is funny an Iranian telling you how disgusting Fox News is.
No one gives a rats ass what you think. You have no vote & no voice in what goes on here.

He would not be allowed to do so with a background check BEFORE Obama's EO, which I still have not seen.

It is not illegal for small gun dealers to sell this man a gun without a background check. Obama's EO will presumably narrow that loophole.

Two Thumbs, on the other hand, has somehow morphed the entire scenario into one in which the intended victim would ALSO be denied the right to buy a gun, which is, of course, utter nonsense before or after the EO. It is the sort of overreach that gun nuts love to do, without regard for the fact that it is utterly untrue that anything being proposed is going to take away a law abiding legal purchaser's right to purchase a firearm..

How will it accomplish that? There is no way it could possibly come to anyone's attention if the background check is never run!

This entire grandstanding is based on 100% compliance with the law. Well, we already know criminals do not follow the law, so what is the point?

If I sell a gun to someone when I should have run a background check, and did not, I am guilty of a felony, and if that guy uses that gun to kill someone, you can be damned sure that it will be traced by to me, and I am in for some heavy duty shit.

Individuals who are not gun dealers do not have to perform background checks....and again...as I keep posting and you guys fail to answer in any meaningful way...

criminals do not use individual sales to get illegal guns....they steal them or use straw purchasers who can enter a licensed gun store and pass a background check...

So....a Straw purchaser can go to an individual and even if that individual runs a background check...it will come back clean.....and he can then sell the gun and the straw buyer can then sell the gun to the criminal....

So exactly how is that going to stop criminals or mass shooters from getting guns?

That is because there is so much guns that flooded our streets. People are dying with guns and your only solution is drowning the streets with more guns. The EO will not solve all the gun problems but it's a start.
It will not solve anything.

Wasn't the point
I didn't know I was talking to you
Immaterial, sunshine. Your comment means absolutely nothing to this OP. Nothing.

Well boyo the person I responded to said tens of thousands of people have been denied gun purchases due to background checks so my inquiry was quite relevant to that post

What the law says, those in the business of selling firearms must obtain a license to do so:

“Clarify that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business—from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks.”

FACT SHEET: New Executive Actions to Reduce Gun Violence and Make Our Communities Safer

Again, the EO is enforcement policy, a guideline as how to implement the law and ensure compliance – it is not a 'new law,' a 'decree,' or 'going around' Congress.
A) There was no Executive Order. No order was issued, no EO number was given. This was a big zero.

B) What Obama said is simply a reiteration of federal law. If you are a firearm business...for profit, you need a Federal Firearm License. Another big zero gain.

C) Private sales are still 100% legal. Nothing has changed.

Federal firearm law license.png

Read all about it here. https://www.atf.gov/file/100871/download

CNN / ORC poll.

Full results: CNN/ORC poll on guns in America - CNNPolitics.com

A bit of a breakdown of supporters:
Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

31% say he's done enough on gun control; 30% say not far enough.

This is despite skepticism that it will have much effect.
In truth, it's not going to do diddly-squat, and will have zero (0) impact upon gun deaths in this country... zero.

No one gives a rats ass what you think. You have no vote & no voice in what goes on here.

So why are you bitchin? People like you don't give a rat ass......... but people that has common sense do care. You are so funny an Iranian telling you what is a real news and unreliable news. Dude grow up.

Forum List

Back