67% of Public Support Obama's Executive Action On Guns

The Right is enraged that a guy under a restraining order for stalking his adulterous wife is going to be denied the right to buy a 1911 45 from a gun seller who will soon be forced to do a background check.

He would not be allowed to do so with a background check BEFORE Obama's EO, which I still have not seen.

It is not illegal for small gun dealers to sell this man a gun without a background check. Obama's EO will presumably narrow that loophole.

Two Thumbs, on the other hand, has somehow morphed the entire scenario into one in which the intended victim would ALSO be denied the right to buy a gun, which is, of course, utter nonsense before or after the EO. It is the sort of overreach that gun nuts love to do, without regard for the fact that it is utterly untrue that anything being proposed is going to take away a law abiding legal purchaser's right to purchase a firearm..

How will it accomplish that? There is no way it could possibly come to anyone's attention if the background check is never run!

This entire grandstanding is based on 100% compliance with the law. Well, we already know criminals do not follow the law, so what is the point?

If I sell a gun to someone when I should have run a background check, and did not, I am guilty of a felony, and if that guy uses that gun to kill someone, you can be damned sure that it will be traced by to me, and I am in for some heavy duty shit.

How will they know you did not run a background check if they don't know that you sold it to them? DUH!

The Right is enraged that a guy under a restraining order for stalking his adulterous wife is going to be denied the right to buy a 1911 45 from a gun seller who will soon be forced to do a background check.

He would not be allowed to do so with a background check BEFORE Obama's EO, which I still have not seen.

It is not illegal for small gun dealers to sell this man a gun without a background check. Obama's EO will presumably narrow that loophole.

Two Thumbs, on the other hand, has somehow morphed the entire scenario into one in which the intended victim would ALSO be denied the right to buy a gun, which is, of course, utter nonsense before or after the EO. It is the sort of overreach that gun nuts love to do, without regard for the fact that it is utterly untrue that anything being proposed is going to take away a law abiding legal purchaser's right to purchase a firearm..

How will it accomplish that? There is no way it could possibly come to anyone's attention if the background check is never run!

This entire grandstanding is based on 100% compliance with the law. Well, we already know criminals do not follow the law, so what is the point?

If I sell a gun to someone when I should have run a background check, and did not, I am guilty of a felony, and if that guy uses that gun to kill someone, you can be damned sure that it will be traced by to me, and I am in for some heavy duty shit.

How will they know you did not run a background check if they don't know that you sold it to them? DUH!

Admiral, you might as well ask why ANY gun dealer should be required to run a background check. It makes just as much sense as asking why small dealers should run background checks. And, having satisfied yourself that background checks don't help the situation (in spite of the fact that tens of thousands of people have failed background checks), why not just come clean and demand that anyone who can afford a Saturday Night special should be allowed to buy it, even if his name is John Hinkley?

You are the poster boy, two thumbs, for ding dong libertarianism.

SCOTUS opines that ACA is constitutional; your opinion is not even worth a shit.

You are no sort of a good American.
How can you tax nothing?

the scotus was lied to, the fine for not buying something, which is unconstitutional, got presented as a tax.

so if I buy nothing, I'm now taxed.

and the woman that is being stalked

but that's magically different since she can pee herself

Got it. Given 2 choices, between denying a man with no right to own a gun, the opportunity to buy it, or, giving both him and his intended victim a gun, you prefer the latter. That is, of course, saying a shoot out between a good guy and a bad guy is preferable to not giving the bad a guy a gun in the first place.

Let me take a wild guess. You are in the NRA publicity department.....
I choose freedom

you choose tyranny and the idiotic idea that a bad guy can't get a gun if there's more laws.

leftist are so fucking dumb it hurts to talk to you

Anyone who sells a gun to another without a background check becomes also responsible for anyone who buys that gun to commit a felony. If and when the EO becomes operational, sell as you like, podjos.

You are the poster boy, two thumbs, for ding dong libertarianism.

SCOTUS opines that ACA is constitutional; your opinion is not even worth a shit.

You are no sort of a good American.
How can you tax nothing? the scotus was lied to, the fine for not buying something, which is unconstitutional, got presented as a tax. so if I buy nothing, I'm now taxed.
SCOTUS disagrees.

"I choose freedom" is the cry of the libertarian loon, when in facts he chooses chaos and anarchy. He thinks the Rule of Law is tyranny when in fact in our republican system of government it protects the liberties of human beings. Libertarians are dumb fucks, per simple.

Preview

Admiral, you might as well ask why ANY gun dealer should be required to run a background check. It makes just as much sense as asking why small dealers should run background checks. And, having satisfied yourself that background checks don't help the situation (in spite of the fact that tens of thousands of people have failed background checks), why not just come clean and demand that anyone who can afford a Saturday Night special should be allowed to buy it, even if his name is John Hinkley?
can you prove all those people who failed background checks never got a gun anyway?

CNN / ORC poll.

Full results: CNN/ORC poll on guns in America - CNNPolitics.com

A bit of a breakdown of supporters:
Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

31% say he's done enough on gun control; 30% say not far enough.

This is despite skepticism that it will have much effect.

What is not mentioned is that the changes in "gun control" would also form a registry of gun owners (illegal in some states).

Another part of your poll:

Do you think the polices being proposed by Barack Obama will move the country in the right direction or the wrong direction?

January 5-6 2016
Right direction= 42%
Wrong direction=55%

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling gun policy?

Approve=43%
Dis approve=53%

CNN / ORC poll.

Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

Non whites?

Who creates these stupid fucking polls?
cnn.best news channel of world

I guess. for those who like to be mislead and not live in reality

CNN is well known and most watch news all over the world. And if you travel around this country airports mostly on CNN. Very very rare Fox News.

CNN / ORC poll.

Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

Non whites?

CNN is well known and most watch news all over the world. And if you travel around this country airports mostly on CNN. Very very rare Fox News.
Airports lol

CNN / ORC poll.

Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

Non whites?

most american people isnt live in reality?
because cnn is most famous news channel in usa .even republican debate was two ...
but fox news was one..... at 2015
You CLEARLY are not American. Or you got the worst education of any American I've ever met. If CNN was Americans favorite news channel Fox news wouldn't be DOMINATING them in both ratings & profits.

Just shut up before you make yourself look any dumber.

People like watching Fox News because it's good for busting Obama nothing more. It is also well known in other countries how we disrespect Obama. This is funny an Iranian telling you how disgusting Fox News is.

I don't believe for one second 67% of America supports this no more than I believe the unemployment rate is around 5%. Dumb ass left loons will believe anything

You refused to believed that doesn't mean it's not real or wrong. Its also well known that most of GOPs refused to accept that we have black president.
Which regards to unemployment hope this link will clear your confusions. I'm currently hiring people and I have to pay extra to relocate couple of engineers from Las Vegas to San Diego. That tells you the unemployment is low and I could have tell you the other way. I don't lie. I post what is real.

Why 87 Million Americans Are Not Working

I don't believe for one second 67% of America supports this no more than I believe the unemployment rate is around 5%. Dumb ass left loons will believe anything

Refused to believed that doesn't mean it's wrong. I also well known that most of GOPs refused to accept that we have black president.
Which regards to unemployment hope this link will clear your confusions. I'm currently hiring people and I have to pay extra to relocate couple of engineers from Las Vegas to San Diego. That tells you the unemployment is low and I could have tell you the other way. I don't lie. I post what is real.

Why 87 Million Americans Are Not Working
GFY loon and cease bothering people with your nonsense

CNN / ORC poll.

Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

Non whites?

i can watch cnn in iran by reciever in 4
CNN / ORC poll.

Dems = 87%
Independent = 67%
Republicans = 51%
Gun owners = 57%
Women = 72%
Non-whites = 74%

Non whites?

i can watch cnn in iran by reciever.but no fox news

Forum List

Back