70% blame the GOP

If the GOP really wanted to "negotiate" they'd be saying something like "let's give our health care plan a try first"

but...oh yeah, slight problem with that, lol!

So are you saying that the GOP....no one on the right.....presented an alternative to the ACA prior to it being voted on and signed into law?

For if that is what you are saying.....you happen to be poorly informed

If the GOP really wanted to "negotiate" they'd be saying something like "let's give our health care plan a try first"

So are you saying that the GOP....no one on the right.....presented an alternative to the ACA prior to it being voted on and signed into law?

One that was voted on into a cohesive bill? no. There were plenty of hodge-podge proposals out there sure...any pea-brain could write up some papers and call it health care reform.

There was a certain period of time when the GOP had a trifecta over the federal government. it was between the beginning of 2003 and the end of 2006. What did they do for health care reform during this time? Nothing.

Last edited:
How can there be negotiations if one side is only making demands but offering nothing in return? The GOP and anyone who supports this tactic should be ashamed of themselves. Hostage taking at it's finest.

So just answer this...if ACA is so horrible and evil and destructive as the GOP says it is...

WHY can't they win elections and just get it repealed through legislative process? Why do they have to resort to hostage taking?

good question.....much has to do with the democrats having infinitely better campaigners than the GOP. It is hard to defend a position when it is spun as "they want seniors to die early"

Here...let me show you something....

Joe is 28 years old and makes 60K a year.
Joe goes on the ACA site and finds it will cost him 4K a year for insurance with a 3K deductible. So he realizes he will spend 7K a year before he gets the benefit of the policy.

Joe is young. Healthy. Not gonna get sick.

SO Joe decides....I prefer spending 600 a year tax for NOT having insurance...

ANd if I get sick? Or in an accident?

I will buy insurance that day because I can not be denied for pre existing conditions.

Why is this a problem?

Because the 4K a year for the policy where the holder will likely not need it is what is supposed to help fund the 4K a year policy for the senior that WILL use it.

THAT is why the ACA needs more work and should be delayed.

One that was voted on into a cohesive bill? no. There were plenty of hodge-podge proposals out there sure...any pea-brain could write up some papers and call it health care reform.

There was a certain period of time when the GOP had a trifecta over the federal government. it was between the beginning of 2003 and the end of 2006. What did they do for health care reform during this time? Nothing.

Pea brains?

Jeez. Stop debating like a child.

There were valid proposals but the speaker of the house at the time, Speaker Pelosi, did not allow for a vote on any of them.

I'm getting bored of you. I tried to have an honest debate with you......but you have way too much spin and hyperbole to have any type of honest discussion.

Pea brained and hodge podge......

Sometimes I wonder why people don't want to learn.

Last edited:
How can there be negotiations if one side is only making demands but offering nothing in return? The GOP and anyone who supports this tactic should be ashamed of themselves. Hostage taking at it's finest.

Why are the Ds making demands but offering nothing in return?

"We ABSOLUTELY refuse to negotiate obamacare and the debt ceiling." - B. Obama, 9/2013

"We ABSOLUTELY refuse to negotiate obamacare and the debt ceiling." - B. Obama, 9/2013

It's the GOP bringing ACA to the table...therefore the demanding is being done by them.

Pea brains?

There were valid proposals but the speaker of the house at the time, Speaker Pelosi, did not allow for a vote on any of them.

I'm getting bored of you. I tried to have an honest debate with you......but you have way too much spin and hyperbole to have any type of honest discussion.

Oh okay...so they only are able to come up with health care reform bills when the democrats have a majority in both houses? okay...yeah, makes total sense.

I guess from 2003 to 2006 they just sat on their butts and hoped health care would get better on it's own...oh wait, that's exactly what they did!

"pea-brain" and "hodge-podge" weren't even directed at anyone...do you know how many ad hominem attacks I get from right wingers on here? like...it's hard to say ANYTHING without them going rabid dog crazy with "STUPID MORON DUMB IDIOT" kinda pitiful really.

Last edited:

Pea brains?

It's nice (I guess) that you want to try to have an adult conversation, an honest give and take, with our resident libturds.

Forget it.

libturds are the same everywhere -- scumbags, liars, hypocrites and most of all -- Stupid.

Think I'm kidding? :lmao:

It's the GOP bringing ACA to the table...therefore the demanding is being done by them.

How does bringing something to the table equal demanding? ACA is full of problems and the Rs want to try and fix some of that via negotiations but the Ds refuse to negotiate. So, I guess the Ds want the problems in the ACA to remain?

Pea brains?

Been asked numerous times. Never seen an answer, but you seem to be in the know.

What were these proposals and why were they rejected? Maybe a link to back it up.

Cause I want to know what good, fine proposals were made to improve the health care law and rejected, so I can beat on Democrats.

Of course the health care law should not cause the economic terrorism that Repubs are threatening us with.

And if you are not terrified at losing tens of thousands of dollars in investments, then you don't have any money to begin with.

That ( no money) would explain why you don't think it "terrorism". You got nothing to lose anyway.

So just answer this...if ACA is so horrible and evil and destructive as the GOP says it is...

WHY can't they win elections and just get it repealed through legislative process? Why do they have to resort to hostage taking?

good question.....much has to do with the democrats having infinitely better campaigners than the GOP. It is hard to defend a position when it is spun as "they want seniors to die early"

Joe goes on the ACA site and finds it will cost him 4K a year for insurance with a 3K deductible. So he realizes he will spend 7K a year before he gets the benefit of the policy.

I will buy insurance that day because I can not be denied for pre existing conditions.

Why is this a problem?

Because the 4K a year for the policy where the holder will likely not need it is what is supposed to help fund the 4K a year policy for the senior that WILL use it.

Sooo, no one on the left wants to discuss this? This is part of why the ACA needs to be negotiated.

Pea brains?

Oh okay...so they only are able to come up with health care reform bills when the democrats have a majority in both houses? okay...yeah, makes total sense.

I guess from 2003 to 2006 they just sat on their butts and hoped health care would get better on it's own...oh wait, that's exactly what they did!

I noticed you did not respond to my post with the scenario as to why the ACA needs work.

Instead, you posted about how stupid and useless the GOP is.

Which speaks volumes about you and your agenda on this board.

You are not here to debate. You are here to make yourself feel like you are on the side with the winners.

Which makes you a loser in life (in my opinion).

Cya

<S>

Why is this a problem?

Sooo, no one on the left wants to discuss this? This is part of why the ACA needs to be negotiated.

I have been posting that scenario for nearly a year now on here....and to date, I have not had a single person who supports the ACA address it with me.

Democrats have demanded nothing except to allow to government to operate as normal.

Of Course, what do you expect when you control the majority of the media?
Taking this into consideration, the amount of people that are also blaming Obama is phenomenal.

Pea brains?

I noticed you did not respond to my post with the scenario as to why the ACA needs work.

You are not here to debate. You are here to make yourself feel like you are on the side with the winners.

Cya

<S>

I noticed you refuse to answer what the republicans are offering as a part of this "negotiation".

Of Course, what do you expect when you control the majority of the media?
Taking this into consideration, the amount of people that are also blaming Obama is phenomenal.

The majority of liberal sources predicted Obama would win in 2012...guess what? Obama won in 2012.

I don't think it's all that wise to just write things off as "bias" like that.

Pea brains?

Been asked numerous times. Never seen an answer, but you seem to be in the know.

What were these proposals and why were they rejected? Maybe a link to back it up.

Cause I want to know what good, fine proposals were made to improve the health care law and rejected, so I can beat on Democrats.

Of course the health care law should not cause the economic terrorism that Repubs are threatening us with.

And if you are not terrified at losing tens of thousands of dollars in investments, then you don't have any money to begin with.

That ( no money) would explain why you don't think it "terrorism". You got nothing to lose anyway.

Jim Demint had a great proposal.

My financial situation is really none of your concern...although you seem to want to address it.

My greatest fear in regard to my finances is not having as much to leave my children as I planned for.

I got hit hard in the late 90's with the dot com bubble bursting....but that was my fault...my greed...I could have cashed out a lot sooner.....

I made smart decisions as it pertained to the last bubble bursting.....

In very solid mutual funds...with a lot of offsets and hedging.

Overall?

My wife and I will outlast our money.....but we will have a lot less to leave our children than we had originally planned for.

Cya

<S>

I noticed you refuse to answer what the republicans are offering as a part of this "negotiation".

I did answer you. Right after you asked it the first time. I then told you I answered you when you claimed I didn't the second time.

But I also noticed YOU did not respond to my scenario.

I am not into this little game.

Sorry bro.

Forum List

Back