74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

Its people like spoonman and the rest of the lowbrows in this thread that are the reason that intelligent conversation about this topic are impossible.

Oh good, then you'll have no problem sharing what you read.

Let me guess...this is where you tell me to do my own research, right?

It's pretty common knowledge to anyone who has spent some time discussing the matter.

So then share the source of this common knowledge.

Are you that inept that you can't do your own research?

Here little girl, let an adult help you.

Compare US VS British Murder Rates

It is our first amendment that keeps us from being a brutal totalitarian state....not the second

Well, the Left is intent on destroying that one as well.

I'll note that without the 2nd, the 1st is left unprotected.

In over 200 years we have never needed the second amendment to defend the first

For 200 years it has stood as a deterrent to those who would seize power by extra-constitutional means. The logical first step towards revoking any of our rights would be to revoke the 2nd Amendment.

If everyone wants to own a single shot musket, I'm all for it. Let's not pretend that the weaponry we have today is even remotely similar to the arms we've had throughout the history of our country.
A musket would have been no match for what they had available in the 1770s. But that's beside the point. You can't defend yourself against a semi-auto with a single shot and the 2nd is very much about self defense.

Lets be honest. The odds are you'll shoot yourself or a loved one before you ever shoot a "bad guy" invading your home.

Wanna link it?

Didn't think so. :cuckoo:

Guns don't kill people......People with guns kill people

Hammers don't build houses......People with hammers build houses.

Whatever :eusa_hand: Guns are an efficient tool; nothing more, nothing less. Guns are not on drugs. Guns don't come from single parent families. Guns don't drop out of school.

Guns are an efficient killing tool

It is the weapon of choice for two in three murders

Because they are very effective as a tool. But getting rid of them won't stop someone from doing the job by another means. I've used a screwdriver for a chisel many times. I've even used a rock for a hammer.

Well, the Left is intent on destroying that one as well.

I'll note that without the 2nd, the 1st is left unprotected.

For 200 years it has stood as a deterrent to those who would seize power by extra-constitutional means. The logical first step towards revoking any of our rights would be to revoke the 2nd Amendment.

No elected official has ever feared armed mobs for his actions in office. Bet your ass they fear what the Free Press has to say about them

The second amendment has NEVER been needed to keep our government in check. Our first amendment does it on a daily basis

Oh good, then you'll have no problem sharing what you read.

Let me guess...this is where you tell me to do my own research, right?

I did share with you what I've read.

The link? I think not.

No I told you what I had learned. You choose not to believe me because I'm not a fellow liberal.

I have since included a link that shows how the UK reports it's (murders) homicides. It does so only after there is a conviction. The US does so when ever there is a body. The link explains it all very clearly, even a person of your low IQ should be able to understand it.

Oh and you're welcome.

A musket would have been no match for what they had available in the 1770s. But that's beside the point. You can't defend yourself against a semi-auto with a single shot and the 2nd is very much about self defense.

Lets be honest. The odds are you'll shoot yourself or a loved one before you ever shoot a "bad guy" invading your home.

Wanna link it?

He's gonna cite JoeB's numbers again. You know; the very study later debunked by none other than the author.

Its people like spoonman and the rest of the lowbrows in this thread that are the reason that intelligent conversation about this topic are impossible.

Hey captain High Brow, I am still waiting for one of you to clearly articulate exactly what you want done.

Still..........waiting.:cranky:

When someone intelligent comes along (not you), we'll be happy to have a real conversation. You let your emotions instead of logic rule your worldview. It doesn't serve you well.

No elected official has ever feared armed mobs for his actions in office. Bet your ass they fear what the Free Press has to say about them

The second amendment has NEVER been needed to keep our government in check. Our first amendment does it on a daily basis
Every damned one of them feared armed lunatics that disagreed with their positions. Some were justified in their fear. The fact that no President has been deposed (or disposed of) by an "armed mob" is no more a statement to the effectiveness of the First Amendment than it is evidence that the Second is unnecessary.

in over 200 years we have never needed the second amendment to defend the first

for 200 years it has stood as a deterrent to those who would seize power by extra-constitutional means. The logical first step towards revoking any of our rights would be to revoke the 2nd amendment.

no elected official has ever feared armed mobs for his actions in office. Bet your ass they fear what the free press has to say about them

the second amendment has never been needed to keep our government in check. Our first amendment does it on a daily basis

$Untitled.png

Wanna link it?

Why bother? I've learned from you neckbeards that proof isn't needed for anything.

So only intelligent people wish to give up their rights?

That's smart as hell, Mr. Highbrow.

Intelligent people recognize there is a problem and that there also can be a logical solution.

When someone intelligent comes along (not you), we'll be happy to have a real conversation. You let your emotions instead of logic rule your worldview. It doesn't serve you well.

My worldview? My emotions. Thats funny. It's my view of the world that tells me gun control does work. It's your selfishness that refuses to even discuss it. But please tell me about how enlightened you are.

Hey captain High Brow, I am still waiting for one of you to clearly articulate exactly what you want done.

Still..........waiting.:cranky:

I did that, you ignored it.

Forgive me captain high brow. Where? Did you provide your detailed plan on confiscating all 300 million handguns? Did you articulate what the penalty would be for owning one. Wait, are you one of those liberals that deny you do want handguns banned, when all of your rhetoric clearly insinuates you want them gone?

Can you please show again where you clearly articulated what you want done and how it should be done?

Forum List

Back