74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

Hey captain High Brow, I am still waiting for one of you to clearly articulate exactly what you want done.

Still..........waiting.:cranky:

I did that, you ignored it.

Forgive me captain high brow. Where? Did you provide your detailed plan on confiscating all 300 million handguns? Did you articulate what the penalty would be for owning one. Wait, are you one of those liberals that deny you do want handguns banned, when all of your rhetoric clearly insinuates you want them gone?

Can you please show again where you clearly articulated what you want done and how it should be done?

Holy shit mouth breather. I also already told you that confiscating 300 million guns is ridiculous and not going to happen and not something I support. How many more things do you need repeated for you?

Hey captain High Brow, I am still waiting for one of you to clearly articulate exactly what you want done.

Still..........waiting.:cranky:

I did that, you ignored it.

Forgive me captain high brow. Where? Did you provide your detailed plan on confiscating all 300 million handguns? Did you articulate what the penalty would be for owning one. Wait, are you one of those liberals that deny you do want handguns banned, when all of your rhetoric clearly insinuates you want them gone?

Can you please show again where you clearly articulated what you want done and how it should be done?

And here is the link I gave you already to my proposal.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/358950-74-school-shootings-in-77-weeks-worth-it-s-own-thread-23.html#post9251894

You're not helping the notion that you gun assholes aren't lowbrow inbreds.

If everyone wants to own a single shot musket, I'm all for it. Let's not pretend that the weaponry we have today is even remotely similar to the arms we've had throughout the history of our country.
A musket would have been no match for what they had available in the 1770s. But that's beside the point. You can't defend yourself against a semi-auto with a single shot and the 2nd is very much about self defense.

Lets be honest. The odds are you'll shoot yourself or a loved one before you ever shoot a "bad guy" invading your home.
Let's be honest. The odds are you are full of shit and can't come up with a cogent response.

1. Longer wait times on ALL gun purchases
2. Expanded background checks on all gun purchases, even during private transactions
3. Registration of all firearms
4. Mandatory insurance for all guns owned
5. MUCH stiffer penalties for illegal gun possession
6. Convicted criminals, mentally unstable can not own a weapon. Zero tolerance.

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Longer waits for all gun purchases? How long? A year? Who knows.....right?

2.There are back ground checks, but you want "expanded" back ground checks. I am sure that may seem specific to you, but that is a real general statement.

3. Registration of all 300 million firearms? That should be easy. Criminals will be running in to do that right away.

4. Mandatory insurance? What kind of insurance? In case it is stolen? Life insurance? Injury insurance?

5. Much stiffer? Ok, I can see that. Of course that is real general statement with all kinds of logistical concerns.

6. Are convicted felons and mentally unstable people able to purchase guns now?

1. Longer wait times on ALL gun purchases
2. Expanded background checks on all gun purchases, even during private transactions
3. Registration of all firearms
5. MUCH stiffer penalties for illegal gun possession
6. Convicted criminals, mentally unstable can not own a weapon. Zero tolerance.

-------------------------------------------------------

1. Longer waits for all gun purchases? How long? A year? Who knows.....right?\
Longer for first time buyers. But yes we can certainly discuss the length.
2.There are back ground checks, but you want "expanded" back ground checks. I am sure that may seem specific to you, but that is a real general statement.
I am talking about specifically background checks on all gun sales, even in transactions between private citizens. They can travel to an authorized gun dealer who can approve the transaction for a small fee.
3. Registration of all 300 million firearms? That should be easy. Criminals will be running in to do that right away.
This is not a overnight solution, but honest people who want to legally own their guns will do it. And with time fewer unregistered guns will be in the population
4. Mandatory insurance? What kind of insurance? In case it is stolen? Life insurance? Injury insurance?
Similar to car insurance. Liability, theft, etc...and you can get reduced rates if you can demonstrate that you are a responsible owner and keep the gun locked in a safe, etc...
5. Much stiffer? Ok, I can see that. Of course that is real general statement with all kinds of logistical concerns.
The penalties for being found with an unregistered gun need to be really stiff that people will actually want to comply
6. Are convicted felons and mentally unstable people able to purchase guns now?

The tolerance for these people needs to be tightened up.

Gun registration fee, tax or insurance will strip the poor from their right to own a gun & defend their family. It is an absolute non-starter.

in 77 weeks literally hundreds if not thousands have been shot dead on the streets of cities run by liberals

libs are absolute morons who think their idiotic statistics have relevance
in their own deluded, hypocritical world maybe

No elected official has ever feared armed mobs for his actions in office. Bet your ass they fear what the Free Press has to say about them

The second amendment has NEVER been needed to keep our government in check. Our first amendment does it on a daily basis

In case you haven't noticed, the "Free Press" isn't FREE & they have been bought by the Wealthy Oligarchs.

Gun registration fee, tax or insurance will strip the poor from their right to own a gun & defend their family. It is an absolute non-starter.

Now you care about what the poor can afford. Ironic.

No elected official has ever feared armed mobs for his actions in office. Bet your ass they fear what the Free Press has to say about them

The second amendment has NEVER been needed to keep our government in check. Our first amendment does it on a daily basis

In case you haven't noticed, the "Free Press" isn't FREE & they have been bought by the Wealthy Oligarchs.

if you're a left-wing nutjob you WANT to believe the lies of the government; even if the CEO and big-wigs at MSNBC play golf at the same country club as that mean ol Fox News the Left-wing losers lover to get to upset about

idiots and hypocrites

74 school shootings in the past 77 weeks.

Not 74 chemical bombings, not 74 stabbings, not 74 bows and arrows, not 74 hatchet attacks. The common denominator (do I need to define that term for you?) is guns.

If you Ammo-sexuals want to keep, sleep with and insert your guns into your privates because I really think it's that sick, then figure out a way to stop this epidemic.

This data tells me that the parents of these kids are pretty much out of touch with their kids, so start with them.

Do something besides shoving the 2nd Amendment in my face and whining about your fucking rights. Your rights end when innocent people who cannot protect themselves die.

School Shootings in America Since Sandy Hook | Everytown for Gun Safety - School Shootings in America Since Sandy Hook

#
Date
City
State
School Name
School Type
1. 1/08/2013 Fort Myers FL Apostolic Revival Center Christian School K-12
2. 1/10/2013 Taft CA Taft Union High School K-12
3. 1/15/2013 St. Louis MO Stevens Institute of Business & Arts College/University
4. 1/15/2013 Hazard KY Hazard Community and Technical College College/University
5. 1/16/2013 Chicago IL Chicago State University College/University
6. 1/22/2013
Houston TX Lone Star College North Harris Campus College/University
7. 1/31/2013 Atlanta GA Price Middle School K-12
8. 2/1/2013 Atlanta GA Morehouse College College/University
9. 2/7/2013 Fort Pierce FL Indian River St. College College/University
10. 2/13/2013 San Leandro CA Hillside Elementary School K-12
11. 2/27/2013 Atlanta GA Henry W. Grady HS K-12
12. 3/18/2013 Orlando FL University of Central Florida College/University
13. 3/21/2013 Southgate MI Davidson Middle School K-12
14. 4/12/2013 Christianburg VA New River Community College College/University
15. 4/13/2013 Elizabeth City NC Elizabeth City State University College/University
16. 4/15/2013 Grambling LA Grambling State University College/University
17. 4/16/2013 Tuscaloosa AL Stillman College College/University
18. 4/29/2013 Cincinnati OH La Salle High School K-12
19. 6/7/2013 Santa Monica CA Santa Monica College College/University
20. 6/19/2013 W. Palm Beach FL Alexander W. Dreyfoos School of the Arts K-12
21. 8/15/2013 Clarksville TN Northwest High School K-12
22. 8/20/2013 Decatur GA Ronald E. McNair Discovery Learning Academy K-12
23. 8/22/2013 Memphis TN Westside Elementary School K-12
24. 8/23/2013 Sardis MS North Panola High School K-12
25. 8/30/2013 Winston-Salem NC Carver High School K-12
26. 9/21/2013 Savannah GA Savannah State University College/University
27. 9/28/2013 Gray ME New Gloucester High School K-12
28. 10/4/2013 Pine Hills FL Agape Christian Academy K-12
29. 10/15/2013 Austin TX Lanier High School K-12
30. 10/21/2013 Sparks NV Sparks Middle School K-12
31. 11/1/2013 Algona IA Algona High/Middle School K-12
32. 11/2/2013 Greensboro NC North Carolina A&T State University College/University
33. 11/3/2013 Stone Mountain GA Stephenson High School K-12
34. 11/21/2013 Rapid City SD South Dakota School of Mines & Technology College/University
35. 12/4/2013 Winter Garden FL West Orange High School K-12
36. 12/13/2013 Arapahoe County CO Arapahoe High School K-12
37. 12/19/2013 Fresno CA Edison High School K-12
38. 1/9/2014 Jackson TN Liberty Technology Magnet HS K-12
39. 1/14/2014 Roswell NM Berrendo Middle School K-12
40. 1/15/2014 Lancaster PA Martin Luther King Jr. ES K-12
41. 1/17/2014 Philadelphia PA Delaware Valley Charter HS K-12
42. 1/20/2014 Chester PA Widener University College/University
43. 1/21/2014 West Lafayette IN Purdue University College/University
44. 1/24/2014 Orangeburg SC South Carolina State University College/University
45. 1/28/2014 Nashville TN Tennessee State University College/University
46. 1/28/2014 Grambling LA Grambling State University College/University
47. 1/30/2014 Palm Bay FL Eastern Florida State College College/University
48. 1/31/2014 Phoenix AZ Cesar Chavez High School K-12
49. 1/31/2014 Des Moines IA North High School K-12
50. 2/7/2014 Bend OR Bend High School K-12
51. 2/10/2014 Salisbury NC Salisbury High School K-12
52. 2/11/2014 Lyndhurst OH Brush High School K-12
53. 2/12/2014 Jackson TN Union University College/University
54. 2/20/2014 Raytown MO Raytown Success Academy K-12
55. 3/2/2014 Westminster MD McDaniel College College/University
56. 3/7/2014 Tallulah LA Madison High School K-12
57. 3/8/2014 Oshkosh WI University of Wisconsin – Oshkosh College/University
58. 3/21/2014 Newark DE University of Delaware College/University
59. 3/30/2014 Savannah GA Savannah State University College/University
60. 4/3/2014 Kent OH Kent State University College/University
61. 4/7/2014 Roswell NM Eastern New Mexico University-Roswell College/University
62. 4/11/2014 Detroit MI East English Village Preparatory Academy K-12
63. 4/21/2014 Griffith IN St. Mary Catholic School K-12
64. 4/21/2014 Provo UT Provo High School K-12
65. 4/26/2014 Council Bluffs IA Iowa Western Community College College/University
66. 5/2/2014 Milwaukee WI Marquette University College/University
67. 5/3/2014 Everett WA Horizon Elementary School K-12
68. 5/4/2014 Augusta GA Paine College College/University
69. 5/5/2014 Augusta GA Paine College College/University
70. 5/8/2014 Georgetown KY Georgetown College College/University
71. 5/8/2014 Lawrenceville GA Georgia Gwinnett College College/University
72. 5/21/2014 Milwaukee WI Clark Street School K-12
73. 6/5/2014 Seattle WA Seattle Pacific University College/University
74. 6/10/2014 Troutdale OR Reynolds High School K-12

This list surprised me, I have not read the whole thread, but of course I had to see if it was true. Its not.

#9 Was not a school shooting, a teen girl was injured as police chased a suspect who had just committed a hit and run.

Shooting reported at Indian River State College in Fort Pierce / PHOTO GALLERY » TCPalm.com

#10 more bullshit. Some girl was killed at night behind a school as the result of an argument over gambling.

Leads but no suspects in fatal shooting at San Leandro elementary school | abc7news.com

#11 A gang member shot herself in the leg by accident OUTSIDE of the school and sought help inside the school.

Student who shot herself at Grady High due in court | www.ajc.com

#13. A kid committed suicide.

Teen commits suicide at middle school in Southgate - Fox 2 News Headlines

#15. This was near the college, but a gang dispute. People were chased by the gang near the school.

2 teens charged in shooting of Elizabeth City State Univ. student | WVEC.com Norfolk - Hampton Roads

Union University "school shooting" listed by Everytown gun map was guy shooting his fiancée in parking lot. Staged it to look like suicide.

"School shooting" at Raytown Success Academy, MO was in parking lot, not school related.

All links here, you can hate the source, but it has links to the supposed shooting to ABC, NBC, CNN, etc.

Bloomberg Anti Gun Group Lies Again About Facts. - Tea Party Nation

The list goes on. Over 25 of your 'shootings' are BS. They are not situations where anyone intended to go kill someone, or commit some mass murder.

The only thing the author of that list did was find any news story they could where a gun was used near a school and try to tie it to attempted mass murders, shootings, or what have you. A shame the author could not have been more honest.

Even if the title had read "20 School Shootings in 77 Weeks", Which could have been one shooting every 2 weeks, that would have had an impact. Instead, he/they chose to lie and make shit up and screwed up his credibility.

Similar to car insurance. Liability, theft, etc...and you can get reduced rates if you can demonstrate that you are a responsible owner and keep the gun locked in a safe, etc...

Suppose to get free speech, you need to register what you want to say with the government, get it approved, pass a background check, complete a waiting period, pay a fee and buy insurance in case you slander anyone and get sued. You on board with that?

Last edited:
Its people like spoonman and the rest of the lowbrows in this thread that are the reason that intelligent conversation about this topic are impossible.

When someone intelligent comes along (not you), we'll be happy to have a real conversation. You let your emotions instead of logic rule your worldview. It doesn't serve you well.

My worldview? My emotions. Thats funny. It's my view of the world that tells me gun control does work. It's your selfishness that refuses to even discuss it. But please tell me about how enlightened you are.

I understand and respect the US Constitution. You don't. You lose.

Bullshit

With the Internet, we have a freeer press than any time in history

For 200 years it has stood as a deterrent to those who would seize power by extra-constitutional means. The logical first step towards revoking any of our rights would be to revoke the 2nd Amendment.

Every damned one of them feared armed lunatics that disagreed with their positions. Some were justified in their fear. The fact that no President has been deposed (or disposed of) by an "armed mob" is no more a statement to the effectiveness of the First Amendment than it is evidence that the Second is unnecessary.

The right to assassinate public officials has never been part or the second amendment. But the second amendment ensured that they could have the weapons of their choice

All the common sense in the world won't get through to the gun grabbers, I just say this to them:

Molon Labe mother fuckers!

Hitler and Mao confiscated guns----------

No, they didn't.

Hitler actually loosened Germany's gun laws.

--LOL

yeah for party members only

jews and other non desirables got out right banned from gun ownership

merely giving ammunition to a jew was grounds for an execution

If you want to remove guns from society feel free to repeal the second amendment.

How about a revision, sort of like we've done with drug laws? You don't have to throw the baby out with the bath water.

No need to change anything with the second amendment

We can require registration, licensing, background checks, assault weapons bans.....all within the legal bounds of the second amendment

We already require most of those.

And please define "assault" weapon.

There are no military grade weapons available to the public.

Forum List

Back