74 school shootings in 77 weeks...Worth it's own thread.

Maybe he can't carry out a rampage with just one gun, but the ten days might give him time to cool down or maybe his family or room mates to figure out what he's up to.

Nice try- You lose Joe, it's not a sensible law.

-Geaux

Maybe he can't carry out a rampage with just one gun, but the ten days might give him time to cool down or maybe his family or room mates to figure out what he's up to.

-Geaux

Actually, it's a very sensible law. It might not be a law you like.

But frankly, I don't want a guy who is angry about something walking into a gun store and buying a gun.

-Geaux

Actually, it's a very sensible law. It might not be a law you like.

But frankly, I don't want a guy who is angry about something walking into a gun store and buying a gun.

If someone has a safe full of guns, what does a 10-day wait for their 6th firearm accomplish, relative to 'cooling down'?

-Geaux

If he already has 5 guns, it won't kill him to wait 10 days for his sixth.

non-sensible

Well, sensible would be banning private citizens from having guns to start with.

No other industrialized country treats gun ownership as a "right". It's insane.

A lot of them don't treat freedom of speech as a right either, nor do they require jury trials or warrants for searches. They also don't have the concept of double jeopardy (i.e. the Italian court system) all protections we get from the amendments.

You can't pick and choose which ones you like without using the amendment process, its just that simple.

In CA- The 10-day wait, cool off period after purchase of a gun.

-Geaux

That's a pretty sensible law.

In the words of Homer Simpson... "Waiting period? But I'm angry now!"

Will the police provide 24/7 protection while you wait those 10 days?

Waiting period. Ask Joe (who I have on ignore thank the Lord) why the waiting period should not be 5 months.

What, is with the 10 days?

Never mind. You better not ask him that. You should be like me and put him on ignore. You will be doing your intestines and the rest of your digestive system a big favor.

non-sensible

Well, sensible would be banning private citizens from having guns to start with.

And no other country could be as awesome place to live as the US. Except, we're compromising away our liberties to become more like them, that way they will want to be less like us. Solves the immigration issue as well. :lol:

-Geaux

non-sensible

And no other country could be as awesome place to live as the US. Except, we're compromising away our liberties to become more like them, that way they will want to be less like us. Solves the immigration issue as well. :lol:

-Geaux

folks i know that have immigrated here

wonder why in the hell we are trying to do that

That's a pretty sensible law.

In the words of Homer Simpson... "Waiting period? But I'm angry now!"

Will the police provide 24/7 protection while you wait those 10 days?

Police usually show up after the fact.

Indeed- And to add, the police have no legal obligation to come to your aid. So, the onus is on Joe Q Citizen to take the defense of his person, family and property as he/she see's fit

-Geaux

-Geaux

folks i know that have immigrated here

wonder why in the hell we are trying to do that
Two words: Liberal GUILT.

non-sensible

-Geaux

Actually, America is the retard of the Industrialized world, which is why you don't see a lot of French and Japanese and Englishmen knocking down the doors to get here.

Now, yeah, we'll get Mexicans and Poles and Indians, because their countries are not very nice places to live.

But as far as going in the wrong direction, it's because the 1%ers want us to be less like Europe and more like the third world.

Its still infringing on MY RIGHT "just in case" someone may buy a gun and right away go use it illegally.

Still infringement.

There's no "Right" to own a gun.

2nd Amendment is about Militias.

Wrong, the 1st part is about Militias, which is the right of the States, the 2nd is about the PEOPLE and their right to keep and bear arms.

Its still infringing on MY RIGHT "just in case" someone may buy a gun and right away go use it illegally.

Still infringement.

There's no "Right" to own a gun.

2nd Amendment is about Militias.

Wrong, the 1st part is about Militias, which is the right of the States, the 2nd is about the PEOPLE and their right to keep and bear arms.

Joey has been told this numerous times ad nauseam...he stills sides with tyrants.

Forum List

Back