78% Of Americans Favor Proof Of U.S. Citizenship Before Being Allowed To Vote

Man, what a horrible train wreck this post is. There is no right to get a driver's license.

The Constitution implicity states a right to vote. Sorry.

And yet you still have not produced the verbiage. What's the hold up?

It is right there in bold. Are you blind?

I guess you fools didn't know there are more than ten amendments:

15th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

19th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

26th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Let me point out the obvious for you. Context matters......and it matters a lot.

See that bold part that came out of your own brain?

Yeah...

So, you don't read in context? Surprising. I suppose when you read the 1o commandments you stop at thou shalt not and say it includes everything. Hey everyone, the 10 commandments says thou shalt not....period! So stop what you're doing. You have strange logic.

Wow. I'm dealing with an actual retard!

Yes, yes you are......but I'm sure they have a program you can enroll in to learn the basics.

Gosh, I guess it is a good thing 100 percent of us have to prove citizenship to register to vote then!

If an illegal alien can get a drivers license, and he can in some states, does that mean we now have to show some id beyond a DL in states with ID requirements?

Does the illegal alien's driver's license differ from that of a US citizen's?

I bet it does.

It used to. Pro-illegal immigration groups have fought to change that and now the licenses look the same in some states. And the motor voter registration is done, which makes no sense at all. The DMV shouldn't do that for those with no proof of citizenship.

Because millions of illegals have licenses and millions are using fake identities, the voter ID is almost useless. What we need to do is make everyone re-register to vote, which is easy enough. We have to get rid of the hundreds of millions of ballets that await people who will not use them. People are automatically register when they get their license even though millions never intend to vote. Stop motor voter and make the serious voters take it upon themselves to register. Only a third of the voters turn out and that means a lot of legally registered voters don't use a perfectly legal ballot. If anyone thinks those ballots go to waste, you need to remember Obama getting 108% of the votes in one district in Ohio. And remember the trunk load of ballots, all for Franken, that were magically found well after the election? Come on, even the least sophisticated among us have to admit that something is going on here. And it all has to do with those ballots that go unused every election. It's so easy for some dishonest people working at the polls or involved in counting votes to cast ballots and check off names of legal voters in the registry. No one has even looked at that and it's where the real cheating is happening. It would all look legit even if audited because most of the names are legal voters. Only way to verify cheating is to call ALL the people registered to vote in certain counties and ask whether they cast a ballot. Otherwise, it looks like a full turnout when we know damn well that never happens. And it is mathematically impossible to get 100% of the votes, let alone 108%. Wake up, folks.

Last edited:
I've voted since I was able to. That was many many moons ago. I should not have to prove my citizenship to anyone. And I will vote.

You aren't proving your citizenship. You are proving that you are indeed John Doe who resides at 123 W Main St who is a registered voter and in the correct precinct and not Bob Jones posing as John Doe in order to steal his vote and throw the election the way you want it to go. That is what voter ID is.......voter ID, not proof of citizenship. You already proved that when you registered to vote. Now you just have to prove you are the actual registered voter when you go to the polling place. Keeps it all above board and ensures your vote isn't stolen.

Here's an idea. Spend ten or fifteen seconds thinking about why in person voter fraud is so rare.

I don't have much faith you will figure it out, though.

If there was an epidemic of in person voter fraud, you rubes would have a case for Voter ID. But since in person voter fraud is extremely rare, you have no case. And this is why Voter ID rubes resort to posting examples of absentee voter fraud, poll worker fraud, and the like. None of which would be stopped by Voter ID.

Even better, Voter ID rubes have been posting examples of fraud in states which already have Voter ID as evidence of the need for Voter ID. Good times!

If an illegal alien can get a drivers license, and he can in some states, does that mean we now have to show some id beyond a DL in states with ID requirements?

Does the illegal alien's driver's license differ from that of a US citizen's?

I bet it does.

It used to. Pro-illegal immigration groups have fought to change that and now the licenses look the same in some states. And the motor voter registration is done, which makes no sense at all. The DMV shouldn't do that for those with no proof of citizenship.

Links? I would like to see some states which issue identical driver's licenses for illegals.

Here is why in person fraud is so rare:

VOTER: Hi, I'm Joe Smuckatelli.

POLL WORKER: [checks registered voter list] And your address?

VOTER: 123 Main Street right here in Hometown.

POLL WORKER: [checks Joseph Smuckatelli's name on list] Here is your ballot.

Anyone else who comes along to the voting precinct station claiming to be Joe Smuckatelli of 123 Main Street would instantly raise an alarm.

And since it would take an army of conspirators to cast enough fraudulent in person votes to swing even a small election, such a plot would be immediately exposed.

And that is why in person fraud is extremely rare. The people who do commit in person fraud are one-offs. Idiots.

This is the only type of fraud for which Voter ID is the only solution. But since it is so extremely rare, it is a waste of taxpayer money.

Absentee ballot fraud, voting in more than one precinct, and poll worker fraud are far and away the greater frauds which are committed, and Voter ID is completely impotent against them.

As for dead people voting, this is caused by dead people not being removed from the registered voter list. So, gee, what do you think the solution to that problem could be? Hmmmmm...

If you said, "Voter ID", you are a first class retard.

As for those who are stupid enough to think there is no right to vote, just try to pass a law in your state which disenfranchises eligible citizens from voting for President.

This is precisely why some states had their Voter ID laws overturned by the courts.

Anyone else who comes along to the voting precinct station claiming to be Joe Smuckatelli of 123 Main Street would instantly raise an alarm.

And since it would take an army of conspirators to cast enough fraudulent in person votes to swing even a small election, such a plot would be immediately exposed.

And that is why in person fraud is extremely rare. The people who do commit in person fraud are one-offs. Idiots.

This is the only type of fraud for which Voter ID is the only solution. But since it is so extremely rare, it is a waste of taxpayer money.

Absentee ballot fraud, voting in more than one precinct, and poll worker fraud are far and away the greater frauds which are committed, and Voter ID is completely impotent against them.

As for dead people voting, this is caused by dead people not being removed from the registered voter list. So, gee, what do you think the solution to that problem could be? Hmmmmm...

But, suppose Hector, the illegal yard worker from guatamala, poses as an American and gets a real DL. (-:

15th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

19th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

26th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

How does that language differ from this: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't.

Those amendments all say your right to vote shall not be infringed, denied or abridged because of gender, age above 18 or race. Nowhere does it explicitly spell out your right to vote because there isn't one. If there was, you could have easily cut and pasted the clause that said the right to vote shall not be denied any citizen....period. All there is are exclusions to what can not be used in determining eligibility. You can't deny a black female over the age of 18 the right to vote based on her being black, female, or 18. You can however deny her the right to vote in my state if she is a convicted felon.

Anyone who needs his rights to vote to be literally spelled out needs to be sent back to school.

More proof that JakeFakey is a liberal poorly attempting to pass himself off as a conservative. Fail. One only need to look at history following the founding of our nation and how the right to vote was determined to know that the constitution does not contain a right to vote. It was and is determined at the state level. Amendments were added later that state what cannot be used as an exclusion for eligibility. Read up Jake.

And yet you still have not produced the verbiage. What's the hold up?

It is right there in bold. Are you blind?

I guess you fools didn't know there are more than ten amendments:

Let me point out the obvious for you. Context matters......and it matters a lot.

There is context around the right to bear arms in the Second Amendment, too. The context does not diminish the right, or somehow make it magically disappear. The context draws the boundaries at which the right cannot be infringed.

Sorry, you are just digging yourself deeper into a hole.

But, suppose Hector, the illegal yard worker from guatamala, poses as an American and gets a real DL. (-:

How does Hector pose as an American? And how does Voter ID stop this?

If Hector is able to pull off posing as an American, Voter ID will do noting to stop that ability. Once Hector has his American citizen driver's license, then he de facto has a Voter ID.

This is why I say that all this energy and money idiotically being wasted on Voter ID should be expended on things which would actually solve real problems! But what a Voter ID rube hears in their head from any Voter ID opponent is, "There is no voter fraud." :lol:

Last edited:

simply idiotic; i can think of half a dozen scenarios that can result in fraud just off the top of my head.

first of all you assumed a few things right off th ebat:

that the poll worker cares if he or she is making sure people arent voting twice; or that people live where they say they live

YOU DIDNT SAY IF THE POLL WORKER ASKED FOR AN ID; so you are sying anybody can use an address and just go on in? what if a dead person lived at that address and his identity is being assumed?
what if it was
what if his name is joe jackson and not Smuckatelli? and his address is 123 A Main street; as if there is another apartment there? how would a poll worker know there is or isnt?

ur a joke moron; people like you post stupidity that makes the case for the other side

How does Hector pose as an American? And how does Voter ID stop this?

sarcasm. I mean surely Hector wouldn't need soc sec documents and a birth certificate. (-:

Ohioan gets 5-year prison term for illegal voting

So when the real Joe Smuchatelli walks in and wants to vote, does he then have to prove to him that he is the real Joe by showing an ID. Does he still get to vote? Does the election board have the ability to determine the ballot that the fake Joe turned in and void it? All of that becomes moot when Joe simply shows them his ID just like he does at the bank, Home Depot or the airport. Simple solution.

at a minimum an ID would have a picture that would hopefully match up with information on the voter rolls.
and IDs now contain things designed to make them harder to forge

simply idiotic; i can think of half a dozen scenarios that can result in fraud just off the top of my head.

that the poll worker cares if he or she is making sure people arent voting twice; or that people live where they say they live

YOU DIDNT SAY IF THE POLL WORKER ASKED FOR AN ID; so you are sying anybody can use an address and just go on in? what if a dead person lived at that address and his identity is being assumed?
what if it was
what if his name is joe jackson and not Smuckatelli? and his address is 123 A Main street; as if there is another apartment there? how would a poll worker know there is or isnt?

ur a joke moron; people like you post stupidity that makes the case for the other side

I think his point was that when people die, there is an official death certificate. So, instead of requiring new ID's for a whole bunch of people who've never done anything remotely wrong, why not just have the sec of state offices REMOVE DEAD PEOPLE.?

The answer is not hard to ascertain. It's got jack shite to do with voter fraud, but is rather about suppressing the vote of the less affluent and usually non-whites.

How does that language differ from this: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't.

None of those are a right to vote, they just say there are specific reasons vote cannot be denied.

Passing a law that says you can't be denied the right to get a drivers license based on your gender doesn't mean you have a right to get a drivers license, it just means you can't be denied one for the reason of your gender.

Funny how a "critical mind" doesn't follow simple logic.

Man, what a horrible train wreck this post is. There is no right to get a driver's license.

So first it was all over the Constitution, now it's "implicit." The Constitution, which is an ENUMERATED document has implicit rights, got it.

When did this implicit right appear since the Founders recognized no right to vote? You had to be a male land owner.

And you're a conservative now? You're all confused today.

YOU DIDNT SAY IF THE POLL WORKER ASKED FOR AN ID; so you are sying anybody can use an address and just go on in?

Yes. This is how it has been done literally for centuries in America. Have you never voted?

what if a dead person lived at that address and his identity is being assumed?

I will repeat myself:

what if it was

Then your name would be on the list as Joe Smuckatelli, Apartment B, 123 Main Street and that is the address Smuckatelli would have to provide.

If his name is Jackson and he tried to vote as Smuckatelli, this would become known the moment the real Smuckatelli showed up to vote. That is my point. That is why in person fraud is so rare.

I swear, you must never have actually voted in your life if you do not know these things.

None of those are a right to vote, they just say there are specific reasons vote cannot be denied.

Passing a law that says you can't be denied the right to get a drivers license based on your gender doesn't mean you have a right to get a drivers license, it just means you can't be denied one for the reason of your gender.

Funny how a "critical mind" doesn't follow simple logic.

So first it was all over the Constitution, now it's "implicit." The Constitution, which is an ENUMERATED document has implicit rights, got it.

When did this implicit right appear since the Founders recognized no right to vote? You had to be a male land owner.

And you're a conservative now? You're all confused today.

for Christ's sake. the Const does explitly mention voting for potus and indirectly for the House. The franchise was of course extended.

I mean have at voter id, but you're going down the rabbit hole here.

Forum List

Back