78% Of Americans Favor Proof Of U.S. Citizenship Before Being Allowed To Vote

I've voted since I was able to. That was many many moons ago. I should not have to prove my citizenship to anyone. And I will vote.

15th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

19th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

26th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

How does that language differ from this: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't.

All those Amendments say is that the reasons listed cannot be used to prevent you from voting. However, it they don't say that other reasons can't be used. For example, nothing in the Constitution would prevent a state from putting a maximum age on vote, say 65. It would also be perfectly legal to prevent anyone collecting welfare from voting.

15th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

19th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

26th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

How does that language differ from this: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't.
Where does the RIGHT come from in the Constitution to VOTE in a Federal Election? :eusa_hand::eusa_whistle:

I guess if 78 percent of Americans felt we should outlaw guns, we should get right on that!

Argumentum ad populum

Apples and oranges. Your right to bear arms is in the constitution. Your right to vote is not. Each state can set their own standards as to who is eligible to vote. Amendments to the constitution said what elements can not be used in determining a person's eligibility. But no constitutional right exists. Never has. Look it up.

We the People apportioned representation, which guarantees We the People the right to vote.

For a supposed fighter for limited government, you sure don't think well.

It doesn't.

Those amendments all say your right to vote shall not be infringed, denied or abridged because of gender, age above 18 or race. Nowhere does it explicitly spell out your right to vote because there isn't one. If there was, you could have easily cut and pasted the clause that said the right to vote shall not be denied any citizen....period. All there is are exclusions to what can not be used in determining eligibility. You can't deny a black female over the age of 18 the right to vote based on her being black, female, or 18. You can however deny her the right to vote in my state if she is a convicted felon.

Anyone who needs his rights to vote to be literally spelled out needs to be sent back to school.

[
For example, nothing in the Constitution would prevent a state from putting a maximum age on vote, say 65. It would also be perfectly legal to prevent anyone collecting welfare from voting.

Learn to read.

"YOU do it every DAY. YOU just don't realize it."

So therefore I won't have to show any ID to vote and nor should I. It violates my right to vote that shall not be denied.

[
For example, nothing in the Constitution would prevent a state from putting a maximum age on vote, say 65. It would also be perfectly legal to prevent anyone collecting welfare from voting.

Learn to read.

So how does collecting welfare fit that criterion?

[

Learn to read.
WHERE in the Constitution guarantees YOUR right to VOTE in a FEDERAL election? YOU need to try harder carbonated.:eusa_hand:

Ah. My bet was right.

Here is what the driver's license for an illegal alien in Illinois looks like: New Temporary Visitor Driver?s License (TVDL) for Undocumented (Non-Visa Status) Individuals

It has "TVDL" stamped on it.

Took me ten seconds to find out.

Took a critical thinking brain to think of the question, though. So tough luck for the rubes.

Great.....except that liberals fight tooth and nail to keep you from having to present said ID when you show up at the polls, so moot point.

That is because Voter ID does not stop the types of voter fraud which actually occur. Voter ID is completely ineffective.

What do you call a person who supports spending taxpayer dollars on a completely ineffective government expansion of power? I call such people liberals. Rubes.

Critical thinking, son. Critical thinking.

If you ever have critical thought, it would be a first

Gosh, I guess it is a good thing 100 percent of us have to prove citizenship to register to vote then!

I must have slept through that part when I registered to vote by not showing my birth certificate, driver's license, or passport.

It doesn't.

Only one of those apply to me, and none of them apply to non citizens.

Forum List

Back