78% Of Americans Favor Proof Of U.S. Citizenship Before Being Allowed To Vote

Ah. My bet was right.

Here is what the driver's license for an illegal alien in Illinois looks like: New Temporary Visitor Driver?s License (TVDL) for Undocumented (Non-Visa Status) Individuals

It has "TVDL" stamped on it.

Took me ten seconds to find out.

Took a critical thinking brain to think of the question, though. So tough luck for the rubes.

Great.....except that liberals fight tooth and nail to keep you from having to present said ID when you show up at the polls, so moot point.

That is because Voter ID does not stop the types of voter fraud which actually occur. Voter ID is completely ineffective.

What do you call a person who supports spending taxpayer dollars on a completely ineffective government expansion of power? I call such people liberals. Rubes.

Critical thinking, son. Critical thinking.

Is that why you support all those ineffective government programs?

15th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

19th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

26th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

How does that language differ from this: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't.
Where does the RIGHT come from in the Constitution to VOTE in a Federal Election? :eusa_hand::eusa_whistle:
Ooooh! Trick question!!

There is absolutely NO right to vote in a federal election. None whatsoever.

Why?

There's no such thing. All elections are state elections.

"YOU do it every DAY. YOU just don't realize it."

So therefore I won't have to show any ID to vote and nor should I. It violates my right to vote that shall not be denied.
It doesnt violate your right to vote any more than registering to vote, which is necessary for the state can protect your right to same; if you have the means necessary to register to vote you then have the means necessary to obtain a vakid ID.
:dunno:

How many states don't require proof of citizenship in order to vote?

I never had to show and id in my state. My state passed a voter id bill and it got blocked by he courts for some reason. Since other states have voter id I am wondering why it was blocked. But I do know if I go hunting or fishing I best have a photo id with me, it is required by law. Even if the voter id stopped little fraud it would seem that the liberals put fishing about voting in importance.

The real reason there is a fight over what almost everyone says won't make a difference, other they those who are proponents of no id, is because in order to have id then the liberals lost the argument, that they just can't let happen. Winning is all that matters.

(EDIT: I think at one time I used to have to show a voter registration card, but that was quite some time ago.)

Last edited:
[
For example, nothing in the Constitution would prevent a state from putting a maximum age on vote, say 65. It would also be perfectly legal to prevent anyone collecting welfare from voting.

26th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Learn to read.
WHERE in the Constitution guarantees YOUR right to VOTE in a FEDERAL election? YOU need to try harder carbonated.:eusa_hand:

I just told you. Everyone 18 or over has the right to vote. That there are exceptions to that right does not mean it isn't a right.

There are exceptions to civil right we might have.

I've voted since I was able to. That was many many moons ago. I should not have to prove my citizenship to anyone. And I will vote.

You aren't proving your citizenship. You are proving that you are indeed John Doe who resides at 123 W Main St who is a registered voter and in the correct precinct and not Bob Jones posing as John Doe in order to steal his vote and throw the election the way you want it to go. That is what voter ID is.......voter ID, not proof of citizenship. You already proved that when you registered to vote. Now you just have to prove you are the actual registered voter when you go to the polling place. Keeps it all above board and ensures your vote isn't stolen.

15th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude.

19th amendment: The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

How does that language differ from this: A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

It doesn't.

None of those are a right to vote, they just say there are specific reasons vote cannot be denied.

Passing a law that says you can't be denied the right to get a drivers license based on your gender doesn't mean you have a right to get a drivers license, it just means you can't be denied one for the reason of your gender.

Funny how a "critical mind" doesn't follow simple logic.

It doesn't.
And yet... Your state need not let you vote for President; in doing so it does not violate your rights.

It is good to see, however, that you believe the right to bear arms is as protected by the constitution as the right to vote.

Why should it surprise you that a conservative like myself supports the ENTIRE constitution?

It doesn't.

None of those are a right to vote, they just say there are specific reasons vote cannot be denied.

Passing a law that says you can't be denied the right to get a drivers license based on your gender doesn't mean you have a right to get a drivers license, it just means you can't be denied one for the reason of your gender.

Man, what a horrible train wreck this post is. There is no right to get a driver's license.

The Constitution implicity states a right to vote. Sorry.

Last edited:

Learn to read.
WHERE in the Constitution guarantees YOUR right to VOTE in a FEDERAL election? YOU need to try harder carbonated.:eusa_hand:

I just told you. Everyone 18 or over has the right to vote. That there are exceptions to that right does not mean it isn't a right.

There are exceptions to civil right we might have.

Then find and produce said right in the US Constitution. Not the amendments that state what can not be used to exclude someone from voting, but the actual right itself. Go on, we'll wait.

Those amendments all say your right to vote shall not be infringed, denied or abridged because of gender, age above 18 or race. Nowhere does it explicitly spell out your right to vote because there isn't one. If there was, you could have easily cut and pasted the clause that said the right to vote shall not be denied any citizen....period. All there is are exclusions to what can not be used in determining eligibility. You can't deny a black female over the age of 18 the right to vote based on her being black, female, or 18. You can however deny her the right to vote in my state if she is a convicted felon.

See that bold part that came out of your own brain?

Yeah...

It doesn't.
And yet... Your state need not let you vote for President; in doing so it does not violate your rights.

It is good to see, however, that you believe the right to bear arms is as protected by the constitution as the right to vote.

Why should it surprise you that a conservative like myself supports the ENTIRE constitution?

Even when you don't understand it. Kudos!

It doesn't.

Man, what a horrible train wreck this post is. There is no right to get a driver's license.

And yet you still have not produced the verbiage. What's the hold up?

I've voted in presidential election back to 1980 and every time I had to show an ID...in OK, TX, AL, AR, MO and Wash D.C.

I, too, have voted in every election since 1980 and did not have to show an ID. I simply told the nice poll worker lady my name, she checked it against a registered voter list for my precinct, then handed me a ballot.

Our country has been this way since its founding. Without IDs.

If you spent, ohhhhhhh, ten or fifteen seconds thinking, you would know why in person voter fraud is extremely rare, making Voter ID a very, very, very stupid idea.

And yet you still have not produced the verbiage. What's the hold up?

It is right there in bold. Are you blind?

I guess you fools didn't know there are more than ten amendments:

Last edited:
Those amendments all say your right to vote shall not be infringed, denied or abridged because of gender, age above 18 or race. Nowhere does it explicitly spell out your right to vote because there isn't one. If there was, you could have easily cut and pasted the clause that said the right to vote shall not be denied any citizen....period. All there is are exclusions to what can not be used in determining eligibility. You can't deny a black female over the age of 18 the right to vote based on her being black, female, or 18. You can however deny her the right to vote in my state if she is a convicted felon.

Yeah...

So, you don't read in context? Surprising. I suppose when you read the 1o commandments you stop at thou shalt not and say it includes everything. Hey everyone, the 10 commandments says thou shalt not....period! So stop what you're doing. You have strange logic.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz

Yeah...

So, you don't read in context? Surprising. I suppose when you read the 1o commandments you stop at thou shalt not and say it includes everything. Hey everyone, the 10 commandments says thou shalt not....period! So stop what you're doing. You have strange logic.

Wow. I'm dealing with an actual retard!

Forum List

Back