78% Of Americans Favor Proof Of U.S. Citizenship Before Being Allowed To Vote

As for those who are stupid enough to think there is no right to vote, just try to pass a law in your state which disenfranchises eligible citizens from voting for President.
Every state has the plenary power to determine the method of choosing their electors, as given to it specifically by the constitution.

Nothing in the constitution requires it to be put to a vote of the people; should a state chose to remove the question from the people, it is fully in its power to do so, and would be so upheld in court.

You have the privilege, not the right, to vote for President; it is impossible to soundly argue otherwise.

Man, what a horrible train wreck this post is. There is no right to get a driver's license.

The Constitution implicity states a right to vote. Sorry.

And yet you still have not produced the verbiage. What's the hold up?

The 'verbiage' whatever that is supposed to mean, isn't required.

I'm sorry that you have a poor vocabulary. Let me put it in simpler terms. Please provide a cut and paste of the words found in the US Constitution which says you have a right to vote. I've asked it repeatedly and to date, no one has provided the words. I understand why since no such words exist. Look it up for yourself and prove me wrong.

You need all this when you REGISTER. This is just a Pub way to mess with the Dem voters....there is no actual problem.

What we need is a good SS/work ID card, which Pubs refuse to do...they actually love illegal workers, who they can bully , hater dupes...

I'm not sure why you replied to my post specifically for I did stray a little off topic basing the whole post on immigration itself. However, when it comes to voting specifically, you have aroused my interest. I must say that there are many individuals that believe the entire entity of voting is nothing more than a facade of sorts. In this case, the entire thread is pointless. If it is not, then every US citizen should be granted this right. Perhaps let us go farther. You are indeed correct in saying that voting itself is more of a privilege than a right. However it is noted that the Government is for the people and by the people. To take that literally, the people, being stated at an individual level, would appoint, or concede to an official that is and for the people. In which case, would you propose a monarchy with the ruler having the people's interest in heart, to be a better solution? The mere fact that a guideline is not in place ensuring voting is irrelevant.

You need all this when you REGISTER. This is just a Pub way to mess with the Dem voters....there is no actual problem.

What we need is a good SS/work ID card, which Pubs refuse to do...they actually love illegal workers, who they can bully , hater dupes...

So if they got it together to register, what happened to it when they needed it to go vote? You really don't think Democrats are very smart, do you?

I'm going to do the "right to vote" folks a favor since they are too lazy to do their homework.

In the original constitution, the word "vote" appears 16 times. None speak to your "right to vote". There are additional references to vote in the amendments. The only mention of right to vote in the amendments are conditions on which you can not be considered ineligible to vote, but do not enumerate an explicit "right to vote".

To make it even easier, I have attempted to highlight in red each time the word vote or a variation of the word occurs.

Knock yourself out providing the "right" in the Constitution.

Transcript of the Constitution of the United States - Official Text

Article 1
Section 3

The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, chosen by the Legislature thereof for six Years; and each Senator shall have one Vote.

The Vice President of the United States shall be President of the Senate, but shall have no Vote, unless they be equally divided.

Section 7
But in all such Cases the Votes of both Houses shall be determined by yeas and Nays, and the Names of the Persons voting for and against the Bill shall be entered on the Journal of each House respectively.

Every Order, Resolution, or Vote to which the Concurrence of the Senate and House of Representatives may be necessary (except on a question of Adjournment) shall be presented to the President of the United States; and before the Same shall take Effect, shall be approved by him, or being disapproved by him, shall be repassed by two thirds of the Senate and House of Representatives, according to the Rules and Limitations prescribed in the Case of a Bill.

Article 2
Section 1

The Electors shall meet in their respective States, and vote by Ballot for two Persons, of whom one at least shall not be an Inhabitant of the same State with themselves. And they shall make a List of all the Persons voted for, and of the Number of Votes for each; which List they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the Seat of the Government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate. The President of the Senate shall, in the Presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the Certificates, and the Votes shall then be counted. The Person having the greatest Number of Votes shall be the President, if such Number be a Majority of the whole Number of Electors appointed; and if there be more than one who have such Majority, and have an equal Number of Votes, then the House of Representatives shall immediately chuse by Ballot one of them for President; and if no Person have a Majority, then from the five highest on the List the said House shall in like Manner chuse the President. But in chusing the President, the Votes shall be taken by States, the Representation from each State having one Vote; A quorum for this purpose shall consist of a Member or Members from two thirds of the States, and a Majority of all the States shall be necessary to a Choice. In every Case, after the Choice of the President, the Person having the greatest Number of Votes of the Electors shall be the Vice President. But if there should remain two or more who have equal Votes, the Senate shall chuse from them by Ballot the Vice President.

The Congress may determine the Time of chusing the Electors, and the Day on which they shall give their Votes; which Day shall be the same throughout the United States.

Amendment 12
Note: A portion of Article II, section 1 of the Constitution was superseded by the 12th amendment.

The Electors shall meet in their respective states and vote by ballot for President and Vice-President, one of whom, at least, shall not be an inhabitant of the same state with themselves; they shall name in their ballots the person voted for as President, and in distinct ballots the person voted for as Vice-President, and they shall make distinct lists of all persons voted for as President, and of all persons voted for as Vice-President, and of the number of votes for each, which lists they shall sign and certify, and transmit sealed to the seat of the government of the United States, directed to the President of the Senate; -- the President of the Senate shall, in the presence of the Senate and House of Representatives, open all the certificates and the votes shall then be counted; -- The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. [And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President. --]* The person having the greatest number of votes as Vice-President, shall be the Vice-President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed, and if no person have a majority, then from the two highest numbers on the list, the Senate shall choose the Vice-President; a quorum for the purpose shall consist of two-thirds of the whole number of Senators, and a majority of the whole number shall be necessary to a choice. But no person constitutionally ineligible to the office of President shall be eligible to that of Vice-President of the United States.

*Superseded by section 3 of the 20th amendment.

Amendment 14
Section 2

Note: Article I, section 2, of the Constitution was modified by section 2 of the 14th amendment.

Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and Vice-President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such State, being twenty-one years of age,* and citizens of the United States, or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3
No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Amendment 15
Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of race, color, or previous condition of servitude--

Amendment 17
The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each State, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote. The electors in each State shall have the qualifications requisite for electors of the most numerous branch of the State legislatures.

Amendment 19
The right of citizens of the United States to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of sex.

Amendment 24
Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States to vote in any primary or other election for President or Vice President, for electors for President or Vice President, or for Senator or Representative in Congress, shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or any State by reason of failure to pay any poll tax or other tax.

Amendment 25
Section 2

Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.

Section 4
If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

Amendment 26
Section 1

The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age.

Being as I have a life away from this board I don't know if this has already been posted, I can't keep up with the action of this board so here it is:

Poll: 78% Believe Voters Should Prove They're Citizens First

After the 2012 election, there were many allegations of voter registration fraud and illegal votes. Local investigations in the swing states of Florida and Ohio turned up thousands of illegally registered voters, many of whom had voted in 2012, some multiple times.

Many liberal and activist Judges have ruled against voter ID in some parts of the country. However, a federal district judge recently ruled in favor of laws in Arizona and Kansas that require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote.

Obama stole the 2012 election!!

The absolute only reason anyone could be against proof of Citizenship to vote is that they support voter fraud!!

Last edited:
Funny the far left wants the US to be more like Europe and in many European nations they need proof that they live in that country in order to vote.

So now the far left does not want to regulate voting and pot.

This is good news coming from Rasmussen. It's too bad you don't have to prove citizenship in order to run for president though.

78% Favor Proof of Citizenship Before Being Allowed to Vote - Rasmussen Reports?

You know that the left will go totally ape-shit over this. Doesn't bother me in the least. I was born an American and I will die as an American. Doesn't bother me in the least to prove who I am in order to vote.

But then again - I'm here legally.

I note that after posting all the references to the word "vote" in the US Constitution 2 days ago, no one has been able to defend their belief that they have a constitutional right to vote.

Being as I have a life away from this board I don't know if this has already been posted, I can't keep up with the action of this board so here it is:

Poll: 78% Believe Voters Should Prove They're Citizens First

After the 2012 election, there were many allegations of voter registration fraud and illegal votes. Local investigations in the swing states of Florida and Ohio turned up thousands of illegally registered voters, many of whom had voted in 2012, some multiple times.

Many liberal and activist Judges have ruled against voter ID in some parts of the country. However, a federal district judge recently ruled in favor of laws in Arizona and Kansas that require proof of citizenship in order to register to vote.

Obama stole the 2012 election!!

The absolute only reason anyone could be against proof of Citizenship to vote is that they support voter fraud!!

It is too bad you have not read the topic before posting such a pack of logical fallacies that have already been addressed.

For example: Voter ID does not prevent voter registration fraud. In fact, if you dolts focused your energy on the actual types of fraud which occur and started pushing for the things which stop or prevent them, instead of persisting in the stupidity that is Voter ID, we might actually mitigate fraud!

And you have committed a false dichotomy and a straw man fallacy in your last sentence.

As for Voter ID being approved by the judges, that only means the law is constitutional, not effective. In one ruling, a judge said that very thing. He said while the law was legal, there was no evidence it would achieve anything.

A law outlawing extraterrestrials from being allowed to apply for citizenship would be entirely constitutional, but incredibly stupid. Just so with Voter ID. Voter ID is completely ineffective in achieiving the stated goals.

Last edited:
I note that after posting all the references to the word "vote" in the US Constitution 2 days ago, no one has been able to defend their belief that they have a constitutional right to vote.

Just because you persist in being an idiot does not mean we have to respond to your idiocy again. If you cannot grasp the words "the rights of citizens to vote" which is plainly spelled out for you, and which you even quoted, means citizens have a right to vote, no one can help you.

Last edited:
" You are proving that you are indeed John Doe who resides at 123 W Main St who is a registered voter and in the correct precinct and not Bob Jones posing as John Doe in order to steal his vote and throw the election the way you want it to go. That is what voter ID is.......voter ID, not proof of citizenship. You already proved that when you registered to vote. Now you just have to prove you are the actual registered voter when you go to the polling place. Keeps it all above board and ensures your vote isn't stolen."

I already have. I will give my address. There is no way I should have to do any more than that. An infringement on my ability to vote. Plain and simple. Unarguable.

I already have. I will give my address. There is no way I should have to do any more than that. An infringement on my ability to vote. Plain and simple. Unarguable.
How does giving your address prove you are the person on the registration roll?

It should be 100 percent.

And in fact when a citizen registers to vote he must indeed prove that he is a citizen.

Once registered to vote, however, a citizen must not be subject to an unnecessary, undue burden to exercising this most fundamental right, such as being required to provide a state-issued photo ID each time he votes.

As long as a voter remains active and eligible to vote in the registration logs, he should be allowed to do so absent interference by the state. If the state has evidence that a voter is indeed attempting to commit fraud, it needs to be addressed on a case by case basis, in accordance with the doctrine of presumed innocence.

The state may not presume everyone is guilty of ‘fraud’ and compel a voter to prove his innocence, thus violating his right to vote as well as his right to due process.

And in fact when a citizen registers to vote he must indeed prove that he is a citizen.

Once registered to vote, however, a citizen must not be subject to an unnecessary, undue burden to exercising this most fundamental right, such as being required to provide a state-issued photo ID each time he votes.

As long as a voter remains active and eligible to vote in the registration logs, he should be allowed to do so absent interference by the state. If the state has evidence that a voter is indeed attempting to commit fraud, it needs to be addressed on a case by case basis, in accordance with the doctrine of presumed innocence.

The state may not presume everyone is guilty of ‘fraud’ and compel a voter to prove his innocence, thus violating his right to vote as well as his right to due process.

Once again, the paralegal shows himself to be incompetent. When I registered to vote, NOTHING was required as proof of my citizenship. NOTHING.

Not a drivers license, not a water bill, not a birth certificate, not a DD214 - nothing. Period. I could have been anyone - and again, that's what the left is striving for here.

I'll ask you again... maybe this time you'll answer.
Absent some sort of valid state-issued ID, how does the state ensure that the person at the poll is who he claims to be?

Forum List

Back